Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

All delegates are FREE rule #38 PAUL WILL WIN

Scrumdiddles

Rule 38 deals with the unit rule. The unit rule is a practice where every delegate in a state is bound to vote for a candidate based on who the majority of delegates are voting for. This is not how delegates are bound, thus the unit rule does not come into effect. Delegates are bound based on the votes of the people from their state. Furthermore, the unit rule is also not a factor as you have unbound delegates that can vote for whoever they want. Then there's also the fact that in many states the rules regarding the binding of delegates are state law. The rules of the RNC do not supersede state law.

Two points.

1) Rule 38 applies to "The Unit Rule" which tries to have all the delegates vote as a Unit for one candidate. Most states have at least one unbound delegate so "The Unit Rule" doesn't apply to them.

2) The delegates are bound by state rules and in most cases state laws. Most of them have to sign or pledge support under penalty of perjury. So the RNC rule only says that they are not going to enforce the binding of the delegates, however that doesn't release the delegate from the binding from their own state and it doesn't release them from their oath or pledge.

You will have people say that the RNC rules trump all others...but they simply don't...this rule is only saying that the RNC itself will not enforce the binding, it doesn't say it releases them from binding from their states...because it can't.

If anyone thinks the RNC has the power to over-rule state laws or legally pledged oaths...please explain how or where they get that power from.

Edited by Weapon X
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rule 38 deals with the unit rule. The unit rule is a practice where every delegate in a state is bound to vote for a candidate based on who the majority of delegates are voting for. This is not how delegates are bound, thus the unit rule does not come into effect. Delegates are bound based on the votes of the people from their state. Furthermore, the unit rule is also not a factor as you have unbound delegates that can vote for whoever they want. Then there's also the fact that in many states the rules regarding the binding of delegates are state law. The rules of the RNC do not supersede state law.

Two points.

1) Rule 38 applies to "The Unit Rule" which tries to have all the delegates vote as a Unit for one candidate. Most states have at least one unbound delegate so "The Unit Rule" doesn't apply to them.

2) The delegates are bound by state rules and in most cases state laws. Most of them have to sign or pledge support under penalty of perjury. So the RNC rule only says that they are not going to enforce the binding of the delegates, however that doesn't release the delegate from the binding from their own state and it doesn't release them from their oath or pledge.

You will have people say that the RNC rules trump all others...but they simply don't...this rule is only saying that the RNC itself will not enforce the binding, it doesn't say it releases them from binding from their states...because it can't.

If anyone thinks the RNC has the power to over-rule state laws or legally pledged oaths...please explain how or where they get that power from.

Uh, NO.

no, he won't.

Yes, he will. Your turn. laugh.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

so, you honestly think ron paul will be the republican nominee?

He definitely has a great chance, dont listen to the media they will not tell you the truth, dont listen to me either, research it. Mitt is so far from wrapping this nomination up. Especially since not even half of the states have chosen their delegates yet.

• Upvote 4

He definitely has a great chance, dont listen to the media they will not tell you the truth, dont listen to me either, research it. Mitt is so far from wrapping this nomination up. Especially since not even half of the states have chosen their delegates yet.

So the Idaho statesman post of tpsprayduster is a fabrication or the fox cbs and abc news here in blackfoot Idaho are false when they say the Paul campaign doesn't endorse the use of rule 38

So the Idaho statesman post of tpsprayduster is a fabrication or the fox cbs and abc news here in blackfoot Idaho are false when they say the Paul campaign doesn't endorse the use of rule 38

It's politics my friend. The RNC is much like the caucuses. I don't know if you've been following them closely, but I have. I've had the pleasure of watching them live on ustream. What tends to happen is, the delegates present a motion and then vote on it. The majority delegate vote dictates the outcome. If Romney has been winning Ron Paulers as his delegates, then he's in for a surprise when the voting starts. When the GOP tries to go against rule 38, they're going to have to do it as a minority.

It's politics my friend. The RNC is much like the caucuses. I don't know if you've been following them closely, but I have. I've had the pleasure of watching them live on ustream. What tends to happen is, the delegates present a motion and then vote on it. The majority delegate vote dictates the outcome. If Romney has been winning Ron Paulers as his delegates, then he's in for a surprise when the voting starts. When the GOP tries to go against rule 38, they're going to have to do it as a minority.

ayrnay22, 40 is not listening, he does not watch the news he only follows email directions sent that are sent to him and what to forward or to post. The point is to ignore anything that draws attention to the take over of caucus selection process and even they have training videos that instruct those who are directed to these caucus to take over and Dr Paul does not endorse this or is this a way to deny responsibility when the dung hits the fan at the convention when the "by any by any means necessary order is invoked". You heard it hear folks, there will be a Floor fight, embarrass the RNC and sink the GOP chance of regaining the White House.

ayrnay22, 40 is not listening, he does not watch the news he only follows email directions sent that are sent to him and what to forward or to post. The point is to ignore anything that draws attention to the take over of caucus selection process and even they have training videos that instruct those who are directed to these caucus to take over and Dr Paul does not endorse this or is this a way to deny responsibility when the dung hits the fan at the convention when the "by any by any means necessary order is invoked". You heard it hear folks, there will be a Floor fight, embarrass the RNC and sink the GOP chance of regaining the White House.

The GOP is slime anyway TP especially your boy with the great hair. Screw them all. I hope RP gives them all big ones.. he's the only guy that gets it. Period..

• Upvote 4

Your last sentence, I believe that is a big possibility, if not a given. Too bad for all of us.

Your last sentence, I believe that is a big possibility, if not a given. Too bad for all of us.

If it all plays out as i see and the RP folks are saying their man is the person and even Ron Paul himself does not want a floor fight but hey. I said it here, of course RP folks won't admit to that. That is going to be the sad part..

I see 1 scenario play out. There are others but if I knew which one was going to pop I would not be here typing this out. RP wins the nomination through the means available. MR supporters cry foul. Not on the floor but in the voting booths. Out of spite they vote for BO. We lose again.

If RP wins the nomination it had better be a iron clad constitutionally supported method. If it even looks suspicious the feces is going to hit the fan. I feel if you combine the votes for RP and MR together we will have a president (RP) that will be for the Constitution of the United States. Just my .02 cents worth.