Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

life on another planet?

sportfisher

I think this just may be the best pro-life message I've seen...

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of two babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

• Upvote 1

you are smart enough to figure it out.................. :unsure: right? :unsure:

because when you said "Yes" to

because in your own belief system, any form of life could potentially evolve into some kind of being.

Yes, and??

your previous arguments became invalid :) and/or the fabricated theory of evolution doesn't work.

The only thing that makes complete sense is "Creation" :)

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

your previous arguments became invalid :) and/or the fabricated theory of evolution doesn't work.

Sorry but you have yet to provide anything to support your stance....

Your statements to be those of a drone...

You have yet to give any statement that gives any direction in what you believe.... You seem to just want to degrade others that don't necessarily believe the same you do... :lol:

Edited by HopefulTxn
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have to disagree There is a drastic difference between a sperm cell and a human being.

i've got to point out the obvious here. A sperm cell is only half of the equation. Without an egg a sperm cell on it's own will never be more than a sperm cell... Cloning excluded. once a fertilized egg starts dividing it is a human being, and barring a miscarriage or abortion it will come into full maturation as a human being.

Edited by cranster

I'm afraid I still don't see what you are getting at. Yes I believe that any living organism has the potential to evolve and or change, how does that make my previous stance "invalid"??? you keep making this claim but you are not supporting it with any form of explanation. It appears you are merely attempting to say I'm wrong, but you can not explain why or you simply would have. I have asked a few times now and the best answer you have come up with is "since I believe in evolution that makes my stance invalid and creation true". I'm afraid I fail to see the logic in your explanation SF. Take care

• Upvote 1

Never mind.

Nope, I gotta say something.

I'm not a biologist, but the way I heard it, an individual entity- be it amoeba or a politician (biologically they really are different) does not evolve. If (through God or gamma rays) they are genetically different in a significant way from their parent/parents they are a mutation. If the mutation increases the odds of the mutant passing on its genetic information on more successfully than non-mutated siblings, thereby producing more offspring, it deemed to be a useful mutation (most are not). When the mutation is genetically passed on to following generations, then evolution has occurred. In short, evolution doesn't happen in the span of one lifespan- a short necked giraffe did not evolve in to a long neck giraffe one afternoon because he couldn't reach the leaves

i've got to point out the obvious here. A sperm cell is only half of the equation. Without an egg a sperm cell on it's own will never be more than a sperm cell... Cloning excluded. once a fertilized egg starts dividing it is a human being, and barring a miscarriage or abortion it will come into full maturation as a human being.

Agreed, but I used that as an example of a living organism that is different from a human being. Life is life and we as a society determine the importance of each form. As far as it being a "human being" upon conception, well that is highly debatable. Some claim it is (mostly religious people), and some claim it is simply tissue mostly the (scientific community). I agree with the ladder because life is continuous, sperm cells are alive, eggs are alive, you could even make the argument that since two cells (gametes) enter, but only one cell (a zygote) leaves, fertilization ends a life. Thats a bit extreme but true all the same. I agree with the opinion that a freshly fertilized zygote is not human. There's more to being human than bearing a cell with the right collection of genes.