Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi teenagers stoned to death for "emo" haircuts

JRob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This brings the Crusades to mind, eh?

Thanks Hopeful on your comments. I am in total agreement with you.

Why is it that you folks always bring to mind the crusades as an example of Christians bringing terror and death to the world.... Most of the actions involving the crusades where done under the mask of Christianity but not for the purpose of spreading Christianity... It was done for the purpose of filling pockets with money which is without doubt non-christian..... Can you bring to light some other instance where Christianity has brought death and destruction to the masses??? No you can not..... As a Christian, I do not look at the Crusades with a sense of pride. I find them to be a blight on the world....

• Upvote 2

Why is it that you folks always bring to mind the crusades as an example of Christians bringing terror and death to the world.... Most of the actions involving the crusades where done under the mask of Christianity but not for the purpose of spreading Christianity... It was done for the purpose of filling pockets with money which is without doubt non-christian..... Can you bring to light some other instance where Christianity has brought death and destruction to the masses??? No you can not..... As a Christian, I do not look at the Crusades with a sense of pride. I find them to be a blight on the world....

I find them to be a good example of how absolute power corrupts absolutely... Another reason for checks and balances in government...

Don't fool yourself. Come on down to GA. Exrteme prejudice is alve & well.

Poor example. I've lived in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisianna and Texas. I've travelled to most of this nation for extended periods of work. The most extreme prejudice I have encountered is in the Northern portion of America. Yes, I'll concur that it exists in Georgia as every other state but it's not nearly as blatant as in several Northern states. I find the people of the South (white or black) to be generally well mannered and very polite.

• Upvote 1

You might want to re-read the post of mine that he was replying to... It is referring to man distorting the religion for their own agendas... So it doesn't seem to be much of a separation of viewpoint on that...

But the Crusades aren't the only issues like that which can can be brought up... One could easily mention things like the persecution of the Pagans, the Edict of Expulsion and subsequent Inquisitions, etc...

What I find strange is that many people of the Christian faith recognize that atrocities have been made in the name of their religion throughout history, and put the blame on the people that distorted and corrupted the teaching of the religion for their own means and agenda... But most will not apply the same philosophy to other religions, that it is not simply people or groups that are distorting the actual meaning, but that the entire religion is evil and should not be accepted or tolerated... It just seems to be a very hypocritical approach, IMO...

• Upvote 1

You're one of those that believes that you get the News, the Whole News, and Nothing But The News, aren't you? :(

I use to be, I was so naive, still am to a degree (according to my hubby).........Ignorance really can be bliss, especially when you open your eyes and this is the kind of thing you find......God bless and be with us all...

I missed this post when it first came out as my computer crashed on 3/9. This is truly a sad story, but not unexpected in my opinion. This is still a Muslim country with Middle Eastern roots and traditions. Similarily, as Western countries will not tolerate an imposition of Middle Eastern cultures as the norm, why should we expect a Middle Eastern country to adapt to our norms and expectations?

I am not defending the actions in this article, I am only trying to make a point of the differences in cultures. Muslim cultures for the most part, are more black and white and have more definition of societal behaviors, whereas Western cultures tend to be more tolerant and open. The 1978/1979 Iranian Rvolution is a great learning example to me of how we as Westerners need to study and learn what the cultural differences are that drive behaviors that are different than ours.

As a human being, I deplore any act of disrespect to another human based on totalianarism and forced indoctrination. That being said, we must also face the realities of this is how these regimes are run. Look at all the tribal discord in Iraq even though they all profess to be of the same mind. It is, as always, imo, all about the control of the masses through propoganda, intimidation, and indoctrination. I'll get off my soapbox now as it is getting slippery here.