Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Credit for the plusses

Cosmo

Hmmm, here's what I was just thinking, if the plus - neg machine in the code is broken can we still get credit for people saying they 'would give a plus + if they could"? Or give + credits to those great posters that we said we wanted to?

And some members are taking advantage of this situation so they're being really nasty and mean-hearted knowing they can't be negged. So the negs for them can be held in reserve too.

Inquiring minds would like to know. :rolleyes:

Impossible to track - do you know how many posts are made in one day on this site?

Second - if you see a post that is out of line, hit the REPORT button and let us know.

There are not enough mods to check all of the posts - the Report button is to let us know

immediately if there is someone posting something against the rules.

We are fast, but there are only so many of us. :( The members can help by reporting

offensive posts. ;)

Are your pluses and minus really that important to you that you started a thread to try and get a few stupid reputation points back? This is not a popularity contest here.

Ever since the plus button stopped working, you would think its the end of the world for some.

I think they should do away with the reputation status all together personally.

Let the button stay broken.

Impossible to track - do you know how many posts are made in one day on this site?

Second - if you see a post that is out of line, hit the REPORT button and let us know.

There are not enough mods to check all of the posts - the Report button is to let us know

immediately if there is someone posting something against the rules.

We are fast, but there are only so many of us. :( The members can help by reporting

offensive posts. ;)

Ever notice how the best advice comes from a Granny?

:)

And seriously, the pluses and minuses are not that important. I like to get the pluses too but really life isn't a matter of collecting check marks because someone else may like what you wrote. There are just as many who won't like what you wrote. It evens out in a lot of cases.

But thanks for the advice Granny ... as always you make sense of the nonsense.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Are your pluses and minus really that important to you that you started a thread to try and get a few stupid reputation points back? This is not a popularity contest here.

Ever since the plus button stopped working, you would think its the end of the world for some.

Tried to +one ya.......but oh, that's right, it's broken!

Whoa there big red button person, I never thought of myself getting anything from the plus - neg machine. Really. If you feel that strong go do a poll on it instead of bashing me.

Hmmm, here's what I was just thinking, if the plus - neg machine in the code is broken can we still get credit for people saying they 'would give a plus + if they could"? Or give + credits to those great posters that we said we wanted to?

And some members are taking advantage of this situation so they're being really nasty and mean-hearted knowing they can't be negged. So the negs for them can be held in reserve too.

Inquiring minds would like to know. :rolleyes:

Whoa there big red button person, I never thought of myself getting anything from the plus - neg machine. Really. If you feel that strong go do a poll on it instead of bashing me.

It was not a bash, it was a question. You stated in your initial post can we still get credit for people saying they 'would give a plus + if they could" correct?

I asked if those pluses are really that important to you that you started a thread just to get some back.

Your answer was sufficient and clarified with I never thought of getting anything for myself.

It never needed to be looked at as a bash, I was mostly stating my observation and opinion on the matter.

I think the poll is a good idea, but a futile one since most on here will vote to keep it because they do care about their reputations.

Problem is that there are a lot of really good people on here who had their reputations wiped out not long ago, so the reps are misleading now. I had over 1000 rep before that, but since I don't post much anymore, I never got mine back up. I liked the reps up til then, because it could give you an idea if that person was worth listening to or not. More importantly was that the pluses were good for knowing if people agreed with you or not in opinon/perspective posts Especially the long timers who's reps were well earned. I never asked for pluses like you see people do now by adding "plus if you like" Its almost like begging to be popular IMO.

At the same time, there are a lot of reps out there built by praying on the newbies, by posting BS rumors and such, but nothing else. These pumpers pets mislead people into believing they are reputable source of information, when they are not.

Edited by RVDinar4MyFamily

Thanks RVDinar4MyFamily, that was good of you. This was like one of only a handful of threads I've started and dumb me, I actually was trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek about the topic. Sooooo, I sent a comment to dinar thug letting him know much I respected his ability to be funny seeing how I have a lot to learn. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is truly amazing. Being computer illiterate I had no clue what those silly things with a plus and minus were. I just like to read and make my comments. Anyone who does or doesn't like my comments can do what they will . JMO. Besides I can't seem to get these + and - 's to work anyway. :shakehead:

• Upvote 1