Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No LOP!!!!

mrzjordan

I haven't posted much on dv, but continually read all the latest rumors and news. I consistently see everyone discussing the fear of a LOP!! But, honestly, I cannot imagine that ever happening. America would not make such a investment in the first the place. I do not forsee all the money being spent to get Iraq back on track go down the drain. Its like we spent all this money to come up with a new currency that we knew would later be worth nothing? No. We all know that is not how america operates!!!! Let's think big people, realistic, but big! IMO, we will definitely see something between .70 and 1.00. Your thoughts?

I agree with this but its still hard to ignore posts about a lop that make sense, either way it was an interesting ride.

There is only one major flaw in all the LOP posts that make sense. A lop is used to control inflation since Iraq is not in a hyperinflation mode atm then a LOP makes no sense what so ever. All the countries that they will show you in an example are all countries that had hyper inflation. Just my two cents on the dinar, and its LOP

I haven't posted much on dv, but continually read all the latest rumors and news. I consistently see everyone discussing the fear of a LOP!! But, honestly, I cannot imagine that ever happening. America would not make such a investment in the first the place. I do not forsee all the money being spent to get Iraq back on track go down the drain. Its like we spent all this money to come up with a new currency that we knew would later be worth nothing? No. We all know that is not how america operates!!!! Let's think big people, realistic, but big! IMO, we will definitely see something between .70 and 1.00. Your thoughts?

I agree with you in the way of not believing an LOP will happen AT THIS TIME; however, I do have one question for you or anyone who might want to share his or her thoughts about something. I have read something, somewhere along the way, talks about some countries "forgiving" Iraq's debt...I am not an economist but I guess I could see that happening; when you say, you can't imagine the US investing in the IQD basically for nothing...this makes sense but what about debt being forgiven to the US? I don't know who if anyone we might be indebted too but would this be a possibility in seeing an LOP? Just curious...trying to learn here, don't throw stones and peck me to death...

bstephie123, quite honestly, who isn't in debt? and imo, i believe that america is not going to make a bad investment like this, with a war and so much riding on it. our debt is just another motive to get some cash flow going. just think, why invest in a country that will add to your problems? why not invest in a dirty diamond, get it cheap, clean it and double what you put into it?... if that makes sense.

Just a thought - lets say the US has 500 billlion invested in dinars. iraq lops the currency and then revalues at $2 - the US just made $500 billion - I use 500 billion as hypothetical - have no clue how much we have but we all know its a lot - so if this scenario were to play out they just doubled their money and so did we but we dont get billions just however many thousand that we invested -

not trying to start something just been thinking about it.

also every country that holds millions and billions of dinar - dont think they will be cashing a lot out when something does happen - it will be a nice reserve currency for the US and china and so forth to hold on to - with all that crap that the dollar and euro will go thru in the next few years

There is only one major flaw in all the LOP posts that make sense. A lop is used to control inflation since Iraq is not in a hyperinflation mode atm then a LOP makes no sense what so ever. All the countries that they will show you in an example are all countries that had hyper inflation. Just my two cents on the dinar, and its LOP

This is a re-denomination and dropping 3 zeros makes perfect sense. How you going to get 25+ trillion out of cir?

• Upvote 1

bstephie123, quite honestly, who isn't in debt? and imo, i believe that america is not going to make a bad investment like this, with a war and so much riding on it. our debt is just another motive to get some cash flow going. just think, why invest in a country that will add to your problems? why not invest in a dirty diamond, get it cheap, clean it and double what you put into it?... if that makes sense.

You make a valid point and honestly one of the deciding factors for me to invest in the dinar was the fact that the US had invested so much in it...I am just trying to learn by getting other people's opinions and learning from others knowledge. Thanks mrzjordan - I appreciate your input.