Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Best Friends

Bumper64

Thanks Bumper, I ran into bad times when I lost my job in 2010 and my dog Maddy got loose and then nabbed by someone that I always hoped took him in and cared for him like I did. I still miss him to this day.

His picture:

Maddyboy.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks Bumper, I ran into bad times when I lost my job in 2010 and my dog Maddy got loose and then nabbed by someone that I always hoped took him in and cared for him like I did. I still miss him to this day.

His picture:

Maddyboy.jpg

Cosmo, I am sure you were heartbroken... Maddy is beautiful! I hope you get him back someday soon!smile.gif

If not...I am sure he is being taken care of... wub.gif

Who knows maybe putting his picture out there as much as you can will bring him back to you? rolleyes.gif Good Job!

If I found and cared for someone elses dog... I would happily give him back to his person! biggrin.gif

Hugs Cosmo emot-hug.gif

• Upvote 2

Thank you dear Bumper. When I see pictures and the reality of this it always reminds me of Ralph McTell's Streets of London, and my heart breaks, we think we are all sooo sophisticated with our 21st century lives.

We just spend more and care less. I sincerely hope there is an enormous shift from the perception that material wealth seems to be the , it really isn't. The Nirvana is the ultimate, wisdom and compassion. Let's hope that many more attain that too.

• Upvote 2

These are the people I want to "remember" after we have the RV!

If each of us can help even just a hand full of people that are living on our streets, just think how much good can come from this investment!!

Well said Bumper and thanks so much for the shift in reality that we all need! I'm so excited I can't wait to be able to help where I can. What wonderful people there are on this site. God Bless you all!

• Upvote 2

Cosmo, I am sure you were heartbroken... Maddy is beautiful! I hope you get him back someday soon!smile.gif

If not...I am sure he is being taken care of... wub.gif

Who knows maybe putting his picture out there as much as you can will bring him back to you? rolleyes.gif Good Job!

If I found and cared for someone elses dog... I would happily give him back to his person! biggrin.gif

Hugs Cosmo emot-hug.gif

Thanks so much Maggie, I have a friend who can help with placing posters in the area I lost him in. I live out of state for work reasons now but would gladly take a few days off to retrieve him if I get a response.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for the replies!! This hit me hard when I saw this picture and I wanted to share it with my DV family!

One of my goals after the RV, is to take and build a few homes here and their in different states and find families that has fallen on bad times and place them in that home until they are back on their feet. Once they are back on their feet I want THEM to find a family that has fallen on hard times and have them take over the house until they are back on their feet and so on and so on..........

Man I am becoming a old softy these days!! laugh.gif

Just last week myself and my 2 daughters were going to town to grab some lunch when I saw a wallet laying on the side of the road. I stopped and picked it up, there was a drivers license, credit cards, medical cards and close to $75.00 inside it. My kids as me what I was going to do with the money and the wallet, I told them WE were going to return it to it's owner! I turned the car around and went home to Goggled the address that was on the mans driver license. When I pulled into his drive way and got out of my car I called out the Spanish mans name and 3 people in the garage looked at me and I could tell they were leery to answer as I am a 6'1" and 265lbs.

I then said I found Mr. Tinadro's wallet!!!!

About that time a older gentleman stood up and checked his pockets to see that his wallet was in fact missing and then with a stunned look on his face he said to me "God Bless You" as I handed him his wallet. He ask me if he could get me and my daughters a drink or if I wanted some food as I smiled and said No Thank You, we shook hands and I got back in my care and pulled away.

A couple miles down the road my oldest daughter looked at me and said: Daddy, that felt good to return that wallet to that man!! All I could say is YES IT DID!!smile.gif

Cosmo, I hope that one day you find your Maddy! If not, I would love to think that a family with good kids took him in and gave him a great home! smile.gif

• Upvote 4

Bumper thanks for the beautiful picture! I'm sitting here cryin' like a baby...

Cosmo, I so hope you can be reunited with your dog...

I have never had biological children, just never happened, our 2 dogs are our children, I know I share the same sentiment as many of you,,, animals rock!!

Thanks everyone for the replies!! This hit me hard when I saw this picture and I wanted to share it with my DV family!

One of my goals after the RV, is to take and build a few homes here and their in different states and find families that has fallen on bad times and place them in that home until they are back on their feet. Once they are back on their feet I want THEM to find a family that has fallen on hard times and have them take over the house until they are back on their feet and so on and so on..........

Man I am becoming a old softy these days!! laugh.gif

Just last week myself and my 2 daughters were going to town to grab some lunch when I saw a wallet laying on the side of the road. I stopped and picked it up, there was a drivers license, credit cards, medical cards and close to $75.00 inside it. My kids as me what I was going to do with the money and the wallet, I told them WE were going to return it to it's owner! I turned the car around and went home to Goggled the address that was on the mans driver license. When I pulled into his drive way and got out of my car I called out the Spanish mans name and 3 people in the garage looked at me and I could tell they were leery to answer as I am a 6'1" and 265lbs.

I then said I found Mr. Tinadro's wallet!!!!

About that time a older gentleman stood up and checked his pockets to see that his wallet was in fact missing and then with a stunned look on his face he said to me "God Bless You" as I handed him his wallet. He ask me if he could get me and my daughters a drink or if I wanted some food as I smiled and said No Thank You, we shook hands and I got back in my care and pulled away.

A couple miles down the road my oldest daughter looked at me and said: Daddy, that felt good to return that wallet to that man!! All I could say is YES IT DID!!smile.gif

Cosmo, I hope that one day you find your Maddy! If not, I would love to think that a family with good kids took him in and gave him a great home! smile.gif

What a great experience to share with your girls, I'm sure they will never forget it.

Love your thoughts on helping others by giving them a home and then passing it on to others in need. I want to do something similar cause I have a brain injured family member that has lived with us for about 7 years, have had her in "the system" and she always was in the ER about every month or two. It will be awesome to do this without any financial strains, to help her and others like her!

• Upvote 2

It baffles me why we send so much aid to other countries when so many of our fellow citizens are in need. I do realize sometimes I don't always understand the bigger picture but when 6 people from the Walton family have the combined income of the lower 30% of our population, things just seem out of balance. I'm not about giving free rides but sometimes things just happen to good people and that's when the cummunity should step in to help. Sorry for my rant.

Go RV, I'm ready to help more!

Hey Elixirbaby........if that is a rant.......keep ranting. smile.gif

Have thought the same for years...........truly need to take care of our own.

Thanks for the post..... smile.gif

myst

• Upvote 2

379816_10150495518004302_592364301_9001139_1546379646_n.jpg

Thanks for your humbling post Bump. We should slow down and be grateful for what we have.

I agree with Elixir. It angers me that the US spends ridiculous amounts of our cash to aid and defend other countries. We need to clean house in DC.

Sorry for the rant guys.

Keep posting Smee. You are in fact a brilliant writer. You need a book deal. :D

Peace to all.

• Upvote 2

From the Word of God, got to get my plug in:

Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Tells me a little more about the man when I relate to the photo. Some folks are down on their luck and it by no means denegrates a persons character to be poor. I've learned to try to be a little less judgmental and a little more compassionate.

Thanks for the photo Bumper64, it hits home for me.

• Upvote 2

His picture:

Maddyboy.jpg

My heart goes out to you, I couldn't imagine..........sad.gif He as the most beautiful face, very handsome !!!biggrin.gif

Our dog is our child as well............yeah, they ROCK !!!

This has been one of the most ' fulfilling ' posts..... all the stories of love, care, respect and kindness

LF

• Upvote 2