Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who will move to Hawaii Post RV? (On Topic !!!)

tjfoz

If I net over a million dollars post RV, my plan is to buy a nice little place in Oahu, Hawaii ($200 000 - $300 000 house) and since I am Canadian buy a little place in Ontario (don't need a lot of space in a home) another $200 000. I would probably be in Hawaii for 8 months and Ontario for 4. The rest of the money I have I would nest egg (sit on essentially) and start an internet business / work part time in each destination. I think its a great idea and wondering if anyone here has similar plans?

If I net over a million dollars post RV, my plan is to buy a nice little place in Oahu, Hawaii ($200 000 - $300 000 house) and since I am Canadian buy a little place in Ontario (don't need a lot of space in a home) another $200 000. I would probably be in Hawaii for 8 months and Ontario for 4. The rest of the money I have I would nest egg (sit on essentially) and start an internet business / work part time in each destination. I think its a great idea and wondering if anyone here has similar plans?

My family loves Hawaii and I would love to move there also. We are pretty keen on Kauai but agree that you must have a place on the mainland. I hear you get island fever after a while.

My family loves Hawaii and I would love to move there also. We are pretty keen on Kauai but agree that you must have a place on the mainland. I hear you get island fever after a while.

Well when this thing RVs (not if! :) ) , let this be the topic to come to to discuss arrangements to meet up in Hawaii ! :)

Being a mother of four, and always wanting to give my children those fun but expensive "LESSONS" that we could not afford. I started a community group NON PROFIT to give those families in our area a creative place to learn & experience the arts along with their children. Going strong for 5 years our kids have been cast in several movies & TV shows as actors and apprentice back ground help. It's not about the stardom or fame, it's about the education, the experience. The kids and I have written a featured film with a strong message of hope. I will be teaching the kids and their parents to produce while they help me produce it. We are more than half way through pre-production but now need money for equipment to film. I will be using my small investment to buy equipment to complete the group project! SEE YOU IN THE MOVIES! :) DALLAS / FORTWORTH

• Upvote 1

Being a mother of four, and always wanting to give my children those fun but expensive "LESSONS" that we could not afford. I started a community group NON PROFIT to give those families in our area a creative place to learn & experience the arts along with their children. Going strong for 5 years our kids have been cast in several movies & TV shows as actors and apprentice back ground help. It's not about the stardom or fame, it's about the education, the experience. The kids and I have written a featured film with a strong message of hope. I will be teaching the kids and their parents to produce while they help me produce it. We are more than half way through pre-production but now need money for equipment to film. I will be using my small investment to buy equipment to complete the group project! SEE YOU IN THE MOVIES! :) DALLAS / FORTWORTH

Good for you MovieMaker: i wish for you the opportunity to fulfull your dream. Go RV..... we need more 'good movies".

I doubt I will move there but I'm positive I'll be making frequent visits there along with all the other great places in this world.

Hawaii.jpg

Who would want to live in a place that looks like that?....ME... ME... ME... Sounds like you have it all planed out...GO RV

how about i just come visit you a few weeks a year ..... i will stock up your fridge for ya .... lol ...... question for ya though, if your out of Canada for more than 6 months, dont you lose your medical benefit ?????? i play golf with some "snowbird" canadians in Florida alot.... they say they cant stay in Florida for more than 6 months because of what I just asked you...........

how about i just come visit you a few weeks a year ..... i will stock up your fridge for ya .... lol ...... question for ya though, if your out of Canada for more than 6 months, dont you lose your medical benefit ?????? i play golf with some "snowbird" canadians in Florida alot.... they say they cant stay in Florida for more than 6 months because of what I just asked you...........

you are right . it is only six months. I think it is more than just medical benefits for the reason you have to go back and forth. (in my situation). but sounds good all visitors will be welcome to my loft :) we will all stay in touch after the RV im sure. so when the day comes we will start the planning!

you are right . it is only six months. I think it is more than just medical benefits for the reason you have to go back and forth. (in my situation). but sounds good all visitors will be welcome to my loft :) we will all stay in touch after the RV im sure. so when the day comes we will start the planning!

sounds good bud, i am gonna hold you to it ..... :)

• Upvote 1

I have been to Hawaii and most all of the islands and love it there. But I love it in a lot of places here, on the main land. I will be taking the grandchildren there, and I will go back to HI many times more. But there are more places I want to see. I want to take the family to Alaska, Ireland, cruise the Pacific, DC museums, each State has something wonderful to offer, even if it is just for that one visit. :) I can hardly wait to start. B);) But I think I will probably make Texas home. NE Austin or N of Dallas are both great areas :D .

I plan on buying the cheap houses next to me in good ole Mexico. Tearing both down and remodeling. I hope they won't cost too darn much. I have always wanted my own swimming pool, gym, giant arcade game room, jacuzzi etc. Houses in Mexico are pretty cheap.

I plan on buying the cheap houses next to me in good ole Mexico. Tearing both down and remodeling. I hope they won't cost too darn much. I have always wanted my own swimming pool, gym, giant arcade game room, jacuzzi etc. Houses in Mexico are pretty cheap.

Yes they are very cheap but there have been more killings in Mexico's drug war than in Iraq and Afganastan put togehter over the last year so good luck there!!! I wish you the best!!!

Thanks for the photo.....that looks like an awesome place in Hawaii.....we should all meet there and have a DINAR party! YAHOO!

cp

Please look up the price of the average homes in Hawaii!!! You won't buy a house in Hawaii for the money you are planing to spend!!! The avarage house is $700-$800K so good luck!!! Buy more dinars to make up for difference!!! Have fun and GO RV!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

tjfoz,

Have been blessed to live on Kauai since 1998. We left for a couple of years but just had to get back. The highway is a 2 lane highway and the speed limit goes from 25 to 50 in different areas on the island. It is a very different type of lifestyle down here. There are very wet areas and very dry areas on all the islands. All of the islands are very unique and offer different aspects. The main thing here is to treat others how you would like to be treated.

• Upvote 1