Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi demanding the implementation of Arbil agreement

Allawi demanding the implementation of Arbil agreement in full ~ And Calls for formation of a committee comprising major political leaders ...

12/28/2011

Allawi conditions attendance of Sadr and Hakeem for any meeting

The head of al-Iraqiya Bloc conditioned the presence of Kurdish region's president, Muqtada al-Sadr and Ammar al-Hakeem to hold any meeting, to be attended by the bloc, to resolve the present crisis.

He called for the formation a committee comprising major political leaders to investigate the integrity and transparency of the investigations.

Iyad Alawi evaluated, in a statement, copy received by Aswat al-Iraq, the roles of president Jalal Talabani and parliament speaker Usama Nujaifi, as well as other politicians, for solving pending questions that "was created by Premier Nouri al-Maliki" and the chaos that covered the political situation in the country.

A meeting was held last night between Talabani and Nujaifi during which it was agreed to hold a general national conference for all political entities in order to solve pending questions, as well as vice-president Tariq al-Hashimi's case.

Alawi added it is necessary to lay down some basic principles before any meeting to guarantee its success.

He called for forming a committee comprising major political leaders to supervise the integrity and transparency of the investigations, as well as releasing all detainees for political reasons who were unjustly charged.

Alawi demanded the implementation of Arbil agreement in full with complete guarantees of all political forces, because "the absence of political partnership will threaten the security and stability of Iraq".

Iraqiya bloc believes, according to Alawi, that "all options should be open, including new elections and possibility of National Alliance to nominate a replacement for premiership with no more conflicts to avoid plunging in the tunnel of dictatorship".

Iraqi political arena is witnessing political and security tensions, due to the demand of the provinces to be changed to regions, including Salahuddin, Diala and Anbar provinces in protest for governmental negligence.

Added to all these demands, the arrest warrant issued against vice-premier Tariq al-Hashimi which came at a time of political conflicts between the two major blocs, the State of Law and Iraqiya bloc.

Iraqiya bloc leader Iyad Alawi suspended the participation of the bloc in the parliament in protest to "unilateral rule of Premier Nouri al-Maliki".

http://en.aswataliraq.info/(S(tv3fd0ezj0m34y55l425ns55))/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=146238&l=1

• Upvote 2

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of [iraqi] lives."

Hahahahaha! My mom watched that when I was a kid... I turned it on quite a few years ago and most of the people that were on there back then- were still on there!! Funny! Hopefully it won't be that way for Iraq...lol Go RV!!!

Edited by Lorre

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of [iraqi] lives."

Your right !!! And just like in soaps, characters die and then come back... Allawi and Sadr just keep coming back !!!!!

But what I truely would love to know is, why won't Maliki implement the agreement ??

Hahahahaha! My mom watched that when I was a kid... I turned it on quite a few years ago and most of the people that were on there back then- were still on there!! Funny! Hopefully it won't be that way for Iraq...lol Go RV!!!

hahaha, same here! I remember my sister took the torch later on. It was the best line I though would fit considering they have plenty of sand :P

Your right !!! And just like in soaps, characters die and then come back... Allawi and Sadr just keep coming back !!!!!

But what I truely would love to know is, why won't Maliki implement the agreement ??

You got that right, I am sure there is some twisted love triangle between them all in the mix of things.

Maliki implement an agreement? He is a power hungry but I don't see how he thinks he can continue letting Iraq suffer because of it, esp with USA eyes on him.