Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Live Gold spot price chart

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Both charts above display real-time live gold price on the COMEX exchange. (grey section on first chart & entire second chart)

The chart is powered by Kitco and is updated every minute. The value-added portion is the automatic refresh, which lets you leave the page open on your browser to monitor the gold price without having to hit the reload button manually all the time.

This is a 24-hour continuous gold chart, which works on a 24/5 basis (Monday to Friday). It may initially take a while to get used to the format, but once you are able to understand it, it becomes a very useful tool. The green line represents the current trading session, the red line represents yesterday's (or the prior trading day's) session, and the cyan line is for the day before that.

The gray section highlights the time window during which there is both electronic trading and also floor trading on the COMEX exchange (which is actually just another name for the New York Mercantile Exchange or NYMEX), and the portion outside the grayed-out section represents the rest of the 24 hours where only electronic trading takes place.

this is why I posted the second chart the second chart shows the NYMEX / COMEX only .... enjoy!!

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How does one go about investing in Gold? What do I do to get started? Is Gold better than say Rental Prtoperty?

To invest in gold you can either buy stocks in mining companies (sometimes risky) you can buy paper gold on the market (not adviseable as there isnt enough physical gold on the planet to cover all the stocks sold) or you could contact a bullion dearler and purchase physical gold and have it sent to you ( my personal favorite) ...... chances are there is a bullion dealer within miles of where you live unless your in the middle of nowhere

"Is Gold better than say Rental Prtoperty" .... going on the past 10 years of data ..... most definately yes, and even at current prices gold is hugely undervalued.

If I was you I would also look into Silver ..... it's a great starter commodity

au3650nyb.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes S.Guy, I do believe that gold or silver would be better than prop. Right now unless you can get your prop. For less than 30 or 40% of market and most people can't do that right now because there are so many looking for a good deal, so they don't stay on the market long...and also the market is still so soft out there everywhere...I live in Dallas,tx. And the market here is better then anywhere and you still can't sell or move a prop.now about the only way you may be able to come out good on prop. Is to rent it but then you've got the fix up cost and managing it and lots of other factors as well,overall I would think gold and silver would be your best bet,unless you don't have a good source to get it from...myself I can buy it at spot in pure form like jewelers do...rather than paying spot plus a premium, I was in the real-estate business until the market went hell, then I started buying scrap gold and silver and where I refine my scrap I can buy both .999 pure silver or 24kt.gold in any form I like in any amount anytime I go I just buy a little of each and put it away for a rainy day...as for which would be the best investment man it's anybodys guess, going by past record probably silver might be your best bet and it's also a lot cheaper so you can buy more of it with less dollars... But as for as the prop.thing be very carefull depending on the part of country your in it could be very risky,to were gold and silver always bounce back... The prop. Has not done so in years and years...lot bigger risk there.....good luck to you, and if I can help in any way just drop me a line....let's go with that.... RV

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

How do I find someone close-by to buy gold / silver? What do I look for? How do I buy? Thanks in advance.

Mitch.

google is your friend, also ask local jewlery shop owners or pawn shops

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How would I know that Im not being over charged for the gold I'd be buying?  Is there a way of knowing how much its worth on that particular day?

Sorry but I didn't  understand that chart.

See the numbers and dates in the top right of the chart ..... the number next to today's date is today's corresponding spot price - so for right now according to the chart in the first post the spot price for gold is $1291.10 per troy ounce.

there are many apps which will give you this straight to your phone and are easier to read, I use the "Kitco" app it's free the info comes from a trusted website and you can get it for both Android and Apple.

Now if your buying from a dealer there will be a mark up, dealers never or rarely sell at spot price, the trick is to shop around and work out who is selling with the lowest mark up....... simple as that

• Upvote 1

Thanks Machine you answer helps.

You know how the price fluctuates, is there any way of knowing if it'll go down unexpectedly (a drop in price) ?

Now if I knew that I'd be the richest man on the planet .....

there are a lot of things that can influence the price ..... the dollar, War etc.

by the time we get the news the correction (up or down)has already started

it's a though one to crack, hundreds of thousands of traders all over the world spend there lives trying to predict what it's going to do ........ it's impossible but if history has shown anything it's in a prime position right now to go up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Anybody else been watching gold lately ...... it's up almost $100 per ounce in the past 20 days

I am confused, it looks to me like gold was around 1290 a month ago, how is it up almost $100 in the last 20 days?  Am I missing something?

I am confused, it looks to me like gold was around 1290 a month ago, how is it up almost $100 in the last 20 days?  Am I missing something?

just go back and look at the date I posted that ...... 24th Jan 2012

• Upvote 1

The chart posted below will update live gold spot information automatically

Doesn't show up (on mobile)

gold.gif

Have you tried to download their mobile app, it's pretty good I use it all the time

Link - http://applications.kitco.com/supportcenter/

Its also available free from Andriod, Apple and Blackberry app stores.

• Upvote 1