Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Has GOI issued smaller dinar denominations?

yoda69

It seems to me that before the RV happens, the GOI needs to issue smaller denominations, 1, 5, 10 and 20 notes, given that currently the 50 dinar note is the smallest note. This would be a requirement In order to provide parity between the USD and the IQD. Does anyone know if this has been done or if there is a plan for this?

Dang Good Question Yoda! A few months ago I was under the impression they were printed at the same time as the bills we currently hold, that thet held them back for the purpose of RV. Lately there has been a lot in the articles about the need to print the smaller denoms, so I don't know. I sure will be interested too see what our wiser members have to say.

• Upvote 2

I tried to locate the document but have not been able to. Someone probably has it saved to their computer. It is a US Gov. document containing the plan for release of the new IQD by the General that was in charge of the process. In that document, I believe it states that there were 14 denominations printed but because of the value of the IQD, the only denominations released were the ones from 50 dinar up. The coins were released and then pulled back. Maybe someone can locate the document. :unsure:

I tried to locate the document but have not been able to. Someone probably has it saved to their computer. It is a US Gov. document containing the plan for release of the new IQD by the General that was in charge of the process. In that document, I believe it states that there were 14 denominations printed but because of the value of the IQD, the only denominations released were the ones from 50 dinar up. The coins were released and then pulled back. Maybe someone can locate the document. :unsure:

Perhaps here?

My link

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When I was in working in Iraq, we were able to purchase IQD at the finance office of the US Military. At that time I acquired a number of 1 Dinar Notes. This was probably in late 2009 or 2010. Later on I purchased a quantity of 50s at the local Warka Bank. The 1s are the only thing that I have seen smaller than a 50, but I KNOW that they have been printed.