Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here We Go Into Iran..

djhemp

So, you're telling me that after bailing out Europe, the IMF will be solvent enough to finance a war in Iran? I have my doubts.

Our brave young men and women are better at all things, including warfare, than anyone else, and of course, they are better equipped with the most modern equipment on the planet, but if the IMF wants a war in Iraq, I sure wish they would raid the manpower capital of other nations for their military fighters this time. I think America has proven herself enough on the world's battlefields in recent years, especially if there is an option. And it seems there is.

I posted this under a different thread but it also pertains to this discussion.

My family has been following the Middle East situation for years (my father is a AF officer and we also lived in Turkey some time back). I don't believe that we would commit ground troops into Iran. The more likely scenario is that we would allow Israel to cross Iraq airspace inorder to bomb their nuclear plant (and so called hidden bunkers). We no doubt would also provide them intel such as satellite/GPS access to pin point where the bombs would be more accurate to decrease collateral damage/civilian casualties. And of course continue to bombard their IT systems with our "worms". We may even give Israel some of our bunker bombs.

The US would exhaust all of the UN avenues before hand, but at some point we will have to take action or learn to live with a nuclear Iran..which is a very scary thought. But I doubt Israel will sit around and watch that happen.

The only thing (again in my mind) that has stopped Israel from taking a preemptive strike like it did 20 years ago, is they are waiting to see if the Arab Spring (overthrows) will take place in Iran. If Israel were to attack now, then the Iranians would rally around their flag and that would crush any chance for a rebellion. My guess is that is why the "plot is thicking". Iran polictical leaders knows that the Arab people are sick of totalitarian and the wave of change is on their doorstep..so what better way to hold it back than to pick a fight.

Regarding economics...many many leading economist believe that the only way out of this global recession is by massive public spending...and what better way than a war...can anyone argue that WWII spending was the REAL reason that the Great Depression ended?

By the way, I'm not a hawk...I value every American warfighter's life.

That's my :twocents:

• Upvote 1