Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Talabani demands more U.S. investment in Iraq

k98nights

Talabani demands more U.S. investment in Iraq

20/09/2011 09:58

Erbil, Sep. 20 (AKnews) - Iraqi President Jalal Talabani wants the United States to urge American companies to invest in Iraq.

In a meeting with U.S. Ambassador James Jeffrey and the Commanding General of the U.S. Forces, Lloyd Austin, yesterday, President Talabani stressed the bilateral economic relations to serve the common interests of the people of Iraq and the United States.

The office of President Talabani issued a written statement about the meeting.

The United States have been supporting American companies for a long time to come and do business in Iraq. In May, U.S. Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton urged companies to invest in Iraq.

Iraq could be an interesting market for U.S. companies, Clinton said, pointing out that Iraq has one of the largest customer bases in the Arab world and is projected to grow faster than China in the next two years, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

“But we see too few American companies alongside our soldiers and our diplomats”, Clinton criticized. U.S. companies are reluctant to invest in Iraq which is “looking to rebuild every sector of [its] economy, not only [its] oil sector but agribusiness, transportation, housing, banking, and many others.”

Iraq is dependent of foreign companies in order to rebuild its infrastructure, especially in the fields of transportation, electricity and agriculture.

Edited by Abdullah Sabri

RN/CU/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/262735/

They don't exactly understand a give and take relationship.

GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME their like children.

I'am having a real hard time comprehending this place ever making it to a true Democratic society.

2000 years of fighting, Corruption and hating each other and the infidels.

Leads me to be leave the second no ones watching they will implode son fast you could time it with an egg timer.

Who is to say that's wrong after all that CRAZY. BASTA?D Sadam kept IRAN in check.

Maybe just Maybe they have to be managed that way?

After all it's hard to get that old dog to hunt? If ya know what I mean.

Who wants to invest in Iraq right now? The country is moving backwards. The Maliki government may be overthrown causing another electins & another new government. August was the deadliest month in Baghdad in over two years. Security, crime, corruption & terrorism are getting worse. Iran has stepped up arms shipments in to Iraq. Iran & Iran backed Al Sadr promise more attacks on US forces as they draw down. Iran now calls all the shots in Iraq. This can put the ID RV on hold for another year. The Chinese are the only ones investing in Iraq because they know they have the US to protect their business intersts.

They don't exactly understand a give and take relationship.

GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME their like children.

I'am having a real hard time comprehending this place ever making it to a true Democratic society.

2000 years of fighting, Corruption and hating each other and the infidels.

Leads me to be leave the second no ones watching they will implode son fast you could time it with an egg timer.

Will be hard getting that old DOG to hunt.

Your right. Iraqis do what they do best...fighting amoungst themselves. This will kill their chances of being a great nation & economic super power that Shabibi envisions. The best we can hope for...Iraq hobbles along & exists but won't prosper to it's fullest potential.

And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

The 3 tribes, sunnis, shiites and kurds is why the great city will divide. These people don't forget how each has treated the others and this is why they won't last long. I've watched this for a couple of year now and they get so caught up in arguing over "past sins" that they can't get to the next level. As soon as this RVs I'm out.

• Upvote 1

No one is going to invest in Iraq when they are still blowing up stuff left and right,also last time I checked America had invested 4 trillion dollars in Iraq and now it's time for them to invest in us GO RV.i don't get them do they want us over there or not.it is BS our troops can't be their but our money can.how dare T ask that when as soon as we get a business going someone blows it up.he needs to be concerned with telling his bed buddy maliki to set that defense minister so they can't straighten out all these bombings first then invite someone to invest in his country.

• Upvote 1

And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

The 3 tribes, sunnis, shiites and kurds is why the great city will divide. These people don't forget how each has treated the others and this is why they won't last long. I've watched this for a couple of year now and they get so caught up in arguing over "past sins" that they can't get to the next level. As soon as this RVs I'm out.

I hear ya!

No one is going to invest in Iraq when they are still blowing up stuff left and right,also last time I checked America had invested 4 trillion dollars in Iraq and now it's time for them to invest in us GO RV.i don't get them do they want us over there or not.it is BS our troops can't be their but our money can.how dare T ask that when as soon as we get a business going someone blows it up.he needs to be concerned with telling his bed buddy maliki to set that defense minister so they can't straighten out all these bombings first then invite someone to invest in his country.

Exactly, why would any company invest any more into the jug heads when their money isn't worth anything. Jusyt with our givenrment always fighting and never getting anything accomplished and we are supposed to be educated, just think about how many tribes have to get along to get things done and we will be waiting forever. I want out now.anyone in LA want to buy 1.5 from me let me know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1