Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki Is Planning to Overthrow the Iraqi Central Bank Governor

waitingondinar

I am opposite from most of you. I believe Shabs is the one, not Maliki. M represents the evil unyeilding and volitile side of iraq IMO, and S represents global alignment and modern government... a greater chance for RV....just saying.

I have to agree with you, and here's why. As was suggested, I just read about Maliki on Wikipedia, and he has a long history of fighting for and defending Iraq. He seems to be a real patriot, so in that, I admire him because I am a huge patriot for my country, too. But in the longer scheme of things, I think Maliki has outlived his usefulness for his country because he is afraid to let go of his control. He refuses to appoint ministers Iraq needs because he is serving in those capacities as well as the head of state, which seems to keep him in control, but if he appoints these ministers, he loses his iron grip on absolute control. And because he loves Iraq, he seems unable to risk this loss power. I would think he sometimes even feels like he is single-handedly holding everything together and still fighting off all enemies who are trying to take over his country. What Maliki doesn't recognize is that he has, himself, become that enemy. (Remember the old Pogo line: "We have met the enemy, and it is us.") Thus, as much as Maliki may want all that is right for Iraq, he is the wrong man to lead his country into democracy, for democracy demands that no one person be in control of everything, not even a patriot. Democracy is, however, the next step for that country. They are standing on the precipice, but something or someone is going to have to push them over the edge so they can fly.

And one more thing--other powers, those universe-sized ones much mightier and more powerful than Maliki, put Shabibi into his position, and his performance has been an outstanding success in an impossible situation. Shabibi answers to these people and organizations, not to Maliki. So Maliki may be setting himself up for a pretty big fall if he pushes Shabibi too far. Those people may allow Maliki to bluster and rattle his cage for the time being, but they will never allow him to upset their plans. Perhaps we would understand better if we understood more about their plans. That's where our eventual answers will come from--not from Maliki, even though it may appear they do.

I think this is a misunderstanding by the "source". I imagine that after years of Saddam citizens tend to get a little scared when they see the back and forth between public officials. Maliki is not going to overthrow the CBI, and he is not getting kicked out of the government. I don't trust unnamed sources. I could be wrong of course, but it just seems more like fear. Maliki has know he cannot overthrow the CBI. I do believe he is testing the laws of the CBI and GOI. Lets remember the rules they have written are relatively new, and it should not be surprising to see some posturing for power. But overthrowing CBI is probably over dramatic.

Sep 17 2011

Maliki Is Planning to Overthrow the Iraqi Central Bank Governor

A source of political beginning for (people), on the efforts made by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki for the overthrow of the Governor of Central Bank of Iraq Shabibi on the back of refusing a request by the government earlier borrowing from the financial reserve of Iraq to cover the expenses of government.

The source, who asked not to be named in his interview for the “people”, that “there is a serial in Iraq run by the ruling party and the will of the party leader al-Maliki, who is serving fabricating charges against opponents regardless of the consequences of political and legal,” adding that “the Central Bank of Iraq would be a target for the owners after the completion of the issue of Commission on Public Integrity.”

The source added that “Maliki will move in the coming period for the purpose of overthrow of the Governor of Central Bank of Iraq Shabibi, which declined in the past for lending to the government of the reserve bank to cover some expenses depending on the Bank Law,” pointing out that ” Shabibi will be the next target after the Commission on Public Integrity, which resigned its president against the backdrop of political pressure.”

Rejected the CBI’s efforts government in 2009 to borrow from the Reserve Bank funds to meet the shortfall in the budget, he promised the bank step in violation of the law, and a violation of the independence of the Bank. Called on the government and then to resort to the application of economic policies, long-term, rather than relying on the easiest ways to bridge the budget deficit.

Accused the Central Bank of Iraq, the past government agencies to block the idea of monetary reform in Iraq, while stressing that it will retain the right to legal defense of his being , loaded the bodies responsible for endangering the interests of the country’s financial risk.

The bank said in its statement that some government officials are waging an offensive media is unprecedented on the bank, considering that there is work outside the law mar the idea of monetary reform carried out by the Central Bank.

And has the Central Bank of Iraq four branches in Basra and Sulaymaniyah, Irbil and Mosul, which was established as a bank independent Iraqi under the law of the Central Bank of Iraq issued on the sixth of March 2004, which is responsible for maintaining price stability and the implementation of monetary policy, including exchange rate policies and the management of foreign reserves and the issuance of currency management, in addition to organizing the banking sector.

Link please. Otherwise this is just a story an of no merit.