Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

major power outage

jray3775000

I call EMP !!! Seriously, Southern California, parts of Mexico and Arizona Electricity out? Till sometime tomorrow? (according to radio fox-abc news)

Anyone remember the Mystery Missile off the coast of Southern California

Other news agencys reported that China's Nuclear Submarine Launched that missile proving to the US that we are not as safe as WE THINK WE ARE. http://www.infowars.com/wayne-madsen-china-fired-missile-seen-in-southern-california/

Then soon after China displays its new Stealth Fighter J-20 oddly similar to our F-22 and F-35

IF this was a EMP, Would the Government release that information>? I think not.

Major Power Outage Hits Southern California, Arizona, Mexico

Updated: Thursday, 08 Sep 2011, 7:26 PM PDT

Published : Thursday, 08 Sep 2011, 4:44 PM PDT

Posted by:

myFOXla.com Web Staff

San Diego - A massive power outage is affecting people in parts of Southern California -- including Orange County, Riverside County and San Diego County -- as well as Arizona and Mexico.

Millions of people on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border are said to be without power.

Mike Niggli, chief operating officer of San Diego Gas & Electric Co. ruled out terrorism but said the cause is unclear.

"To my knowledge this is the first time we've lost an entire system," he said at a news conference.

The outage that started shortly before 4 p.m. PDT extended from southern parts of Orange County to San Diego to Yuma, Arizona. It also is affecting cities south of the border across much of the state of northern Baja.

All outgoing flights from San Diego's Lindbergh Field were grounded and police stations were using generators to accept emergency calls across San Diego County.

Charles Coleman, a spokesman from Southern California Edison, said the two reactors at the San Onofre nuclear power plant went offline at 3:38 p.m. as they are programmed to do when there is a disturbance in the power grid, but there was no danger to the public or to workers there.

Residents in parts of eastern San Diego County and Yuma, Ariz. endured sweltering temperatures with no air conditioning.

"It's 113 degrees right now outside and 75 in my office," said Yuma city spokesman Greg Hyland, who was sitting in the dark, answering calls.

Niggli said relief was on its way, slowly. He said his 1.4 million customers may be without power until Friday.

He said the utility lost power due to a transmission failure that started at a large switching station in Arizona, where several high-voltage lines come together, although the cause has not been determined.

"I suspect the system was overwhelmed by too many outages in too many places," Niggli said.

In the desert heat of the Palm Springs area, the temperature was 111 on Thursday, with the rolling blackouts. The Eisenhower Medical Center will serve as an oasis of air conditioning since it operates on its own power source, said hospital spokeswoman Deborah Johnson.

Johnson welcomed fragile seniors and others affected by the heat to cool off in their lobby.

"All I can say is God bless air conditioning," she said.

Five hundred to 2,000 SoCal Edison customers in southern Orange County and Riverside County are currently without power and there is no estimate for when power will be restored, he said.

"It's up to the Independent System Operator to determine what the cause was," he said.

In southern Orange County, the sheriff's department dispatched deputies to busy intersections because traffic lights were out, said John McDonald, a sheriff's spokesman. Outages were confirmed in San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano and Laguna Hills, he said.

Read more: http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/socal-power-outage-20110908#ixzz1XQ0RjB40

Solar Flares, that Nasa thought would not reach the earth. :D

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News090811-X1.8flare.html

It was a X Class Solar Flare along with a CME, and it has been affecting HF Communications.

It may have impacted telemetry or communications links, but shouldn't have affected the power grid.

It still is getting here, and we won't fully experience it for another few days.

It was a X Class Solar Flare along with a CME, and it has been affecting HF Communications.

It may have impacted telemetry or communications links, but shouldn't have affected the power grid.

It still is getting here, and we won't fully experience it for another few days.

Dalite, the wierd thing is that we were not to see the effects till Sept 11th

A third and fourth flare have erupted from sunspot 1283. The third came on September 7 at 6:36 PM ET, and was categorized as an X1.8 by the GOES spacecraft, making it the second X-class flare within 24 hours. There was a coronal mass ejection (CME) associated with all three of the recent flares, but none of them are expected to travel directly toward Earth, and the first two were unlikely to cause aurora. NASA computer models suggest that the latest CME may give a glancing blow to Earth on the morning of September 11, and might create some aurora.

The fourth flare from this same sunspot was detected by GOES at 11:36 AM ET on September 8. This was an M6.7 flare, considered moderate.

More info will be posted as it becomes available.

• Upvote 1

Dalite, the wierd thing is that we were not to see the effects till Sept 11th

A third and fourth flare have erupted from sunspot 1283. The third came on September 7 at 6:36 PM ET, and was categorized as an X1.8 by the GOES spacecraft, making it the second X-class flare within 24 hours. There was a coronal mass ejection (CME) associated with all three of the recent flares, but none of them are expected to travel directly toward Earth, and the first two were unlikely to cause aurora. NASA computer models suggest that the latest CME may give a glancing blow to Earth on the morning of September 11, and might create some aurora.

The fourth flare from this same sunspot was detected by GOES at 11:36 AM ET on September 8. This was an M6.7 flare, considered moderate.

More info will be posted as it becomes available.

I know that what is the most apparent is anticipated on Sept 11, but we get a preview as it passes through levels of the ionosphere.

We are already seeing the effect of the previous one(s).

Radio Waves, dependent on frequency bounce off of different layers of the ionosphere; we call this propagation.

As the solar wave travels toward earth, it can be monitored as interference, or even disruption on the frequencies that interact with the different altitudes of the layers of the ionosphere.

My explanation isn't the best, but the long distance two way radio world usually sees effects within 18 to 24 hours.

When it passes through a layer if the ionosphere, communications dependent on that layer can just go away, or be diminished in varying levels.

I run a RF Email node, as a part of a back-up, or contingency communications system that is world wide, and can bridge Internet outages to keep critical email moving.

The node gets exercised daily, and it has already started being impacted...

I hope some of that made sense.... ;)

seriously things are starting to get scary something uust doesnt feel right. Hope all stay safe. there is a war and its on our own minds they want us to believe everything is fine but the damn elitists are seriously putting out there agenda and i dont even want to know whats going to happen in 2012.

• Upvote 2

I only recently started to prepare myself and family for an emergency. Food, water, bullets, some what of a plan. I hope all of you start taking things seriously and have a back up plan incase your normal daily lives are interrupted. You never know what could happen. I don't dwell on it, but it is the responsible thing to do. Especially if you are the head of the house hold and have others that depend on you to take care of them. Don't get caught of guard people.

• Upvote 2