Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

First, take one iota of truth, namely that Nouri Al Maliki is going to give an interview.

Then, add heavy sprinklings of imagination and terror, to come to equal and opposite views as to the value of the Dinar in the coming weeks.

Third, bake all the opinions in a pre-heated oven for about a week until the whole Dinar community has divided into 2 camps, between those expecting an RV and those

expecting a lop.

Then allow to cool down.

Then serve with a JD and Coke about 6 months later, together with a little piece of paper with the current Dinar exchange rate.

Most likely 1170.

Repeat this process every 6 months for the next 20 years until everyone is bored silly.

The fact is ladies and gentlemen, that the Dinar's value is being SUPRESSED by the exchange rate of 1170.

With the current price of oil, if the Iraqi and American authorities took their boot of the throat of the Iraqi exchange rate, its value would

soar like an eagle. Remember it used to be IQD4000:$1 back in 2004, and then strengthened gradually to where it is now, and it has been there

ever since.

Its value is being held down, i guarantee it. And the only way we as speculators are going to make serious money at this, is if the Iraqis and the American

government behave like the free market democrats they profess to be, and allow the little guys to make some money. Otherwise they are all talk.

The democratic West?

Yeah right.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think the true value of the Dinar at the moment should be about IQD500:$1.

If they hadn't frozen the exchange rate back in 2009 or whenever, i think that's where

we would be now.

Talking about clueless. Ha Ha Ha . You're gonna have to show your math work young man. DayTrader

• Upvote 1

No i'm just saying that based on a hunch.

Its been frozen for over 2 years now, whereas before it was climbing gradually, and very nicely.

In fact i prefered that to a sudden and rapid RV making us all millionaires overnight. I never believed that was a possibility anyway.

It simply didn't make any sense.

But i cannot for the life of me think why the exchange rate has been frozen for so long.

It doesn't make economic OR political sense.

A gradual rise in the value of the Dinar would have good for everybody, and its inflationary consequences

would have been negligible.

Surely the Iraqi government can allow the IQD to float freely, and once the Dinar reaches an acceptable level, then gradually

withdraw a certain quantity from circulation each month, or have an RV.

But either way, an RV from 500:1, or 200:1, is much less of a shock to the system than from 1170:1.

And why 1170:1. Why is 1170 the magic number. And what a stupid number aswell.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

And why 1170:1. Why is 1170 the magic number. And what a stupid number aswell.

Let's settle this once and for all! dry.gif Alright "1170"... you listening to me? Are you stupid or something? ..........................unsure.gif (complete silence). Well, that concludes this test, and proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that 1170 is in fact "stupid".... man, am I glad we finally settled that once and for all! Now lets go find a smart number to replace it... say something in the range of.... ahhh, oh what the heck .... how's a buck or two, or maybe even three? Yup..... those sound like "smart" numbers to me.... does that sound good to you Rocketman?wink.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Let's settle this once and for all! dry.gif Alright "1170"... you listening to me? Are you stupid or something? ..........................unsure.gif (complete silence). Well, that concludes this test, and proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that 1170 is in fact "stupid".... man, am I glad we finally settled that once and for all! Now lets go find a smart number to replace it... say something in the range of.... ahhh, oh what the heck .... how's a buck or two, or maybe even three? Yup..... those sound like "smart" numbers to me.... does that sound good to you Rocketman?wink.gif

Me likey that number muuuuuuuuuuuch better :P

• Upvote 1

Rod,

I agree IQD2:$1 would be great.

But that still doesn't explain why they froze it at all. I mean what was the point?

Why not let it find its true value by letting it float. I mean it was never going to go down was it?

It went from 4000:1 in 2004 to 1170:1 in 2009, all by itself without any problems.

If they had just let it do its own thing, it would in all probability have made its way to about 500:1 by now, and if they wanted to RV from there,

to say 5:1, that would have meant only a 00 RV, as opposed to a 000 RV, which would been much more problematic, and it would have rewarded the long term

Dinar holders, as opposed to the Johnny Come Latelys who buy 5million Dinar on Friday, and then cash in a cool 1 million bucks on the following Monday.

Some people i know have been holding Dinars since 2004. Surely they are the ones who deserve to make the serious bucks, rather than the Wall Street suits.

There's a reason why it has been frozen, and it has got nothing to with an RV or a lop. I don't know what the reason is, but when we all find out, you can bet bottom Dinar

that Goldman Sachs and HSBC had the inside track. We may make a bundle out of it after all, but we will have had to wait years for it, but the yuppies on Wall Street will

have made the their profits overnight.

And of course the other thing is, if it was allowed to float, the futures speculators would have driven it higher too. And with the USA losing its AAA credit rating, people would

have piled into the Dinar as a safe haven currency.

• Upvote 1

That sounds good to me :D

• Upvote 1

Rod,

There's a reason why it has been frozen, and it has got nothing to with an RV or a lop. I don't know what the reason is, but when we all find out, you can bet bottom Dinar

that Goldman Sachs and HSBC had the inside track. We may make a bundle out of it after all, but we will have had to wait years for it, but the yuppies on Wall Street will

have made the their profits overnight.

Thought of your post when I heard that the Fed is going to "freeze" the interest rates for the next two years... so there you have it, right in front of our very eyes.... controlling the financial markets in our own country... why should it be any different in Iraq? Take care Rocketman! wink.gif