Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A HARD TIME WRAPING MY MIND AROUND POLITICIANS SPENDING MILLIONS TO LAND A JOB THAT PAYS 100K OR LESS. THEN PEOPLE SEEM AMAZED THAT THERE IS CORRUPTION. MY IDEA IS TO STOP VOTEING FOR THE FAT CATS AND ONLY ELECT PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY NEED THE JOB AND SALERY THAT GOES WITH IT. THEN WE MIGHT HAVE OFFICIALS THAT CARED WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK AND WANT AND ACT ACCORDINGLY TO KEEP THEIR JOB. THE WAY I SEE THIS COUNTRY HEADING FOR THE PAST FIFTY YEARS IS A SHAME . IN MY OPINION WE BROUGHT IT ON OURSELVES,BY LETTING GOVERMENT TAKE HOW WE RAISE OUR CHILDREN OUT OF OUR HANDS ,TAKEING GOD OUT OF PUBLIC GATHERINGS AND SCHOOLS ETC. WE NEED TO TURN BACK TO GOD OR WE WILL FIND OURSELVES IN DEEP **** WITH NO PADDLE OR CANOE ! MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE .

• Upvote 9

I absolutely agree. This country was founded on One Nation Under "GOD"! That means something to me I don't know about anyone one else. I love this country. We are like the land of milk and honey but, going to $hi!.

PEACE

• Upvote 1

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A HARD TIME WRAPING MY MIND AROUND POLITICIANS SPENDING MILLIONS TO LAND A JOB THAT PAYS 100K OR LESS. THEN PEOPLE SEEM AMAZED THAT THERE IS CORRUPTION. MY IDEA IS TO STOP VOTEING FOR THE FAT CATS AND ONLY ELECT PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY NEED THE JOB AND SALERY THAT GOES WITH IT. THEN WE MIGHT HAVE OFFICIALS THAT CARED WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK AND WANT AND ACT ACCORDINGLY TO KEEP THEIR JOB. THE WAY I SEE THIS COUNTRY HEADING FOR THE PAST FIFTY YEARS IS A SHAME . IN MY OPINION WE BROUGHT IT ON OURSELVES,BY LETTING GOVERMENT TAKE HOW WE RAISE OUR CHILDREN OUT OF OUR HANDS ,TAKEING GOD OUT OF PUBLIC GATHERINGS AND SCHOOLS ETC. WE NEED TO TURN BACK TO GOD OR WE WILL FIND OURSELVES IN DEEP **** WITH NO PADDLE OR CANOE ! MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE .

IMO, it isn't about a paycheck, its all about power. The vast majority of people who seek political office, at least at the national level, are already very wealthy. However, imagine having access to a checkbook that gets filled every year with our tax dollars. Then, you can control a lot of people and entities with the purse strings. The average middle class individual that might do great things for the nation have to make a living and do not have the luxury of running for public office or cannot afford the pay cut, with few exceptions. Even if the average person makes it into congress, they get seduced by the entrenched leadership of whatever party they belong to, into playing ball, i.e, assigned to powerful committee's or the promise of 7 figure lobbying positions when they leave office. Corruption is as old as politics and prostitution, and the two professions may be a distinction without a difference.

I absolutely agree. This country was founded on One Nation Under "GOD"! That means something to me I don't know about anyone one else. I love this country. We are like the land of milk and honey but, going to $hi!.

PEACE

Just to keep our history straight, our country was not build as one nation under God. The founding fathers made a very conscious effort to keep God and country separate. The words "one nation under God" were not added to the Pledge of Alliance until 1954.

"President Eisenhower, though raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, had been baptized a Presbyterian just a year before. He responded enthusiastically to Docherty in a conversation following the service. Eisenhower acted on his suggestion the next day and on February 8, 1954, Rep. Charles Oakman (R-Mich.), introduced a bill to that effect. Congress passed the necessary legislation and Eisenhower signed the bill into law on Flag Day, June 14, 1954.[16]

The phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance June 14, 1954, by a Joint Resolution of Congress amending §7 of the Flag Code enacted in 1942.[16]"

One way to run the government more honestly is to do away with "riders" or "earmarks", where additional bills are attached to the main bill that the politicians figure will pass. Those attachments are usually beneficial to our representative's home districts and they gain support by horse trading (you vote for my bill and I'll vote for yours). Then, if and when they leave office, they are in line for lucrative careers from a bill they may have sponsored that would allow a business in their district, state, or area to succeed, not even counting all the "insider trading" that goes on with reference to land buys where roads are about to be built, etc.

Sure, they only make around $135K/year in salary, but the other perks and oportunities to increase their own wealth are absolutely mind boggling.

I think Congress should be limited to meeting for one session per year lasting about one month. Their perks should be limited to expenses for that month only. Benefits should reflect benefits earned in the private sector. This would change the kind of person wishing to serve as a Congressman.

Thanks for the post. So very true.

Problem is.... there are those who talk about it and there are those who do something about it. Unfortunately, there are plenty of the former and very few of the latter. That is why the US is in the condition it's in.... Most expect 'someone else' to take care of the problem, while they continue their existence in their little bubble. Many are simply oblivious to what's going on....

Plenty of talk.... not enough walk....

Sadly....

Edited by BlueOrchid919