Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What is next? Far Fetched, Perhaps!

Jac

Government Mandated Food is Next

By now, everyone is familiar with ObamaCare, government mandated health insurance, RomneyCare, single payer health insurance, or whatever you want to call it. Most agree this is bad news. I am one of those people and not because I don’t think every should have health insurance. I do, but I also believe that is an individual’s responsibility to take care of their own life the best they can and it is up to that individual to provide for themselves. When they truly can’t it is up to other individuals and the church to step in when needed and offer help. Charity is a wonderful thing. Theft in the name of charity is not charity but theft.

I am a big fan of logic. I will admit, I am not always the most logical person out there but it is a wonderful exercise to complete a thought to its conclusion in the most logical way possible. This is where, I believe, politicians fail in their policy making. Most Americans do the same or else we would have voted these politicians out decades ago. Policies, laws, and regulations are usually designed for a particular, narrow purpose without thinking about the logical, long-term outcome or application. The Democrats’ government mandated healthcare law that no one read is a prime example of this.

There is an argument I have heard that we all need health insurance which is why we must mandate it and force people to purchase it. This is also the excuse used to invoke the “General Welfare Clause” of the U.S. Constitution which reads in part:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and
general Welfare
of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

I won’t argue for or against any particular meaning of the ‘general welfare’ clause, but I want to point something out. If we can make the case that because something is necessary for our citizens then we must mandate it then why stop at healthcare? Let’s touch on the most basic of necessities. Two particular items that aren’t readily available (like oxygen) are food and water. Sure, you can go out and find a stream to get your water or plant a garden but in today’s abundant regulations this may be much harder than you think. Everyone providing their own food and water is unrealistic since we are no longer an agricultural society anymore. We need the big farmers and corporations to provide it for us or our economy would collapse.

If we all need food and water to just survive, why not mandate that all Americans are entitled to 2000 calories of food intake a day and 8 glasses of water? We could go even further and say that one of the reasons healthcare is such a necessity is because of rampant obesity. To cut down on the costs of healthcare we could even mandate a particular style of healthy eating and ban all of the ‘bad’ foods. There’s this campaign to reduce obesity and promote a healthier lifestyle so why not? We could go even further and mandate gym memberships and at least 3 hours of exercise a day.

The idiocy of this, I am sure, is not lost on you. It isn’t on me. No matter what you think about what ‘general welfare’ means, we can at least conclude that it doesn’t include mandating individuals purchase something. The logical conclusion of all this is that it no longer becomes a mandated purchase but a government owned and distributed Communist nightmare.

Many of the founders wrote and spoke quite eloquently on "general welfare" most notably Thomas Jefferson “Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated.” and James Madison the father of the constitution, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which

http://godfatherpoli...d-food-is-next/

Many of the founders wrote and spoke quite eloquently on "general welfare" most notably Thomas Jefferson “Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated.” and James Madison the father of the constitution, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents"

Well perhaps the latter is a bit far fetched but ouch those changes hurt our liberty.

God Bless America!:)

Edited by Jac
  • Upvote 2

True indeed. It's not just the government, big corps are ramming this down our throats. The prescription plan offered by my employer specifically limits you to using a certain national chain. And they have the worst customer service! I don't like knowing some corporation is monitoring my life. The health portion monitors you to the point of sending letters when they think you are due for an annual check up or if they believe you are living an unhealthy lifestyle. How do they get this info? Probably from the key fob you use when you check out. I find it intrusive, they call it helping/caring.

I spend hundreds of dollars every month to cover my family and the insurance company gets to call the shots. I know my doctor is disgusted with the whole Obama health care plan. But hey, it's all in the interest of the public welfare right? Our freedoms are slowly eroding away in the name of public safety.

Whew, that felt good! I'll get off the soap box now.

• Upvote 1

Controling our food and water?

Well, it seems to be coming close...

FDA's scheme to outlaw nearly all nutritional supplements created after 1994 would destroy millions of jobs and devastate economy

(NaturalNews) Yesterday we reported on the FDA's new scheme for outlawing nearly all nutritional supplements formulated after October,

1994 (http://www.naturalnews.com/032912_F...). That was just the beginning of this story, because a detailed analysis of the proposed new

regulation reveals extremely disturbing revelations that would absolutely gut the nutritional products industry if these regulations are put into practice.

Below are the highlights of the most offensive and onerous portions of these proposed new FDA regulations.

The source of all this information is the FDA itself, which proposes its new rules in a rather lengthy post at:

• Every nutritional supplement company will be forced to submit comprehensive NDI (New Dietary Ingredient) documentation for EACH ingredient

used in EACH product they currently sell. This will amount to hundreds of thousands of NDI applications flooding the FDA offices.

This is a clever FDA scheme to place a huge burden of research and paperwork on every dietary supplement company in the USA. In the FDA's own words:

"The statute places the obligation for submitting the notification on each manufacturer or distributor.

Any other manufacturer or distributor who wishes to market its own dietary supplement containing the same

NDI should submit a NDI notification to FDA explaining its own basis for concluding that this new product containing

the NDI will "reasonably expected to be safe" under the conditions recommended or suggested in the new product's labeling."

• All supplement companies must REMOVE their products from "interstate commerce" for the 75 days after the

FDA receives their NDI applications. No product containing an NDI application ingredient may be sold in the

United States or it will be considered "adulterated" by the FDA and thereby subjected to confiscation.

• While the NDI provisions of the 1994 DSHEA act merely required dietary supplement companies to notify the

FDA of new ingredients, the FDA is now distorting this into a de facto supplement approval process.

Without the FDA's new approval, nutritional supplements will all be labeled "adulterated" and potentially

confiscated at gunpoint by the FDA (see FDA raid links below).

• The FDA does not support electronic filing for NDI applications.

All applications must be done on paper and then mailed to the FDA (yes, as in dropped in a metal mailbox with a paper envelope).

The 75 days of waiting does not begin until the FDA says it receives your application.

• While a few ingredients that were in widespread use before 1994 are exempted from these new requirements,

the FDA refuses to publish any list of "grandfathered" ingredients. Instead, it requires each supplement company

to figure it out for themselves. In addition, even pre-1994 ingredients must receive new approvals from the FDA if they are

"altered" in any way, including changing the particle size, increasing the amount per serving, using a super-critical extraction

process, baking the substance or even harvesting it from a plant at a different life stage of the plant. In other words, nearly all

ingredients use in dietary supplements today are considered "adulterated" by the FDA.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_dietary_supplements_FDA_approval.html#ixzz1RTOKiJzc

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_dietary_supplements_FDA_approval.html#ixzz1RTO37MEM

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_dietary_supplements_FDA_approval.html#ixzz1RTNtbgzF

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceCom...

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_dietary_supplements_FDA_approval.html#ixzz1RTNVUSJL

vote 2012, GOP to slash the budget, and kill jobs. Then everyone will be happy. :) NO more crying about Obama so you can blame Mitt Romney.

I usually do however at this moment there is no candidate that could in my humble opinion in any Political Party who has the ability to serve American Citizens as their President! Keywords here serve tge American People and their interests. And to be certain this is quite difficult to swallow. Do you see George Washington, John Quincy Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison or Abe Lincoln anywhere? No, we have still another group of issue driven candidates hiding behind a facade of the rehetoric of whatever their home lifestyle has been or supposed experience has been. Take a look and study the body language we have a budding Republican Nancy Pelosi and a budding Harry Reid out there among others who make claims to be what they will never even become.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! :)

Edited by Jac