Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

George Robinson: False Prophet?

Darkcleaver

...on my best day I am 51% 49 %, right and / or wrong ! It is only by reading the Word, and listening that I have any shot at all ! Anyway, it's only a picnic, and we will be called back soon. I only hope that I have something to say. As, I want to hear " Well done, good and faithful one...welcome home , come and share with me, ..answer me, come and share with me ", and I better have something to say ! (Newsboys, Phil Joel )...

• Upvote 1

So you are saying God's word changes? Do you mean old or new testament? By the way 1Cor 13:8 does not say when it will pass away. Show me that scripture. or the one that says complete revelation has been received. In part of your statement you say prophecy has ceased but you know real prophets explain that to me. What do you call miraculous gifts or miraculous prophecy. I never seen miraculous prophecy in the bible. All prophecy is miraculous, but you need to define miraculous.

Peace to you.

Edited by WESTEX-DINAR

To Westex-Dinar

If he does not claim to be a prophet how can he be labeled a false prophet? Why don't we see that Jonah is called a false prophet in the Word? Is there a differance in the office of a prophet and the gift of prophesy?

Darkcleaver already knows what is a prophet but just likes ti stir things up.

Edited by Sam T

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. (Deuteronomy 18:22)

A quick preface: PLEASE don't confuse the issue by claiming George Robinson never said he was a prophet. He claimed the Lord SHOWED him what was to come to pass regarding the RV of the Iraqi Dinar. How much plainer can it be?

I hung in there to the last possible second. I really, REALLY wanted Mr. Robinson to be correct. Not so much because I wanted to be monetarily rich (God be praised I'm already abundantly blessed in this life), but because he appeared to be a genuine minister of the Lord and had some very exciting things to tell about, for example, next year.

Now I must take the advice of God himself and categorize Mr. Robinson as a "presumptuous" person, and pretty much discount anything he has to say in future. I admit this grudgingly, to be honest, but how long can you make excuses for someone? End of May came and went. First [half] of June came and went. June 29th came and went. No RV. No RV. No RV. Are we to assume the 29 meant July? August? September?

This doesn't lessen the magnitude or awesomeness of God's glory or power in the slightest to me. Just Mr. Robinson's.

So my question: can we all now safely conclude that Mr. Robinson is a false prophet?

I hate to admit it, but yes, unfortunately it appears that we can.

Take care.

As far what is a prophet. You have to go by what the word of God says. It is not what you think but what the word says. There is a ministry of the prophet, but not everyone is a prophet. You may prophesy, but operating in the simple gift of prophecy does not qualify you to stand in the office of a prophet. To stand in the office of a prophet, one must have a consistent manifestation of at least two of the revelation gifts ( word of wisdom, word of knowledge, or discerning of spirits) plus prophecy. God has to choose you to be a prophet but we can all prophesy, if you seek after the things of the Kingdom. 1 Corinthians 14: 1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. 4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, Then look at 1 Corinthians 12:28-29 or Ephesians 4:11 These are appointed people of God and they have many of the spirituals gifts along with the appointment of their position in the church of God's Kingdom. Prophecy is a spiritual gift from God that can be obtained but does not mean that you are a prophet of God.

Do you think that prophets are superman? They are just man who are seeking after God. And yes they were chosen by God for the office of a prophet. No they make mistakes also, sometimes it is the flesh and sometimes they are immature. Man can make mistakes and is not perfect like God. Check this out "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know The word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. Deuteronomy 18:21-22. A false prophet will continue to mislead people but a true prophet can make a mistakes. Have you ever been trained to do something and you never made a mistake that takes years to master. Let me know if you know someone who has not made a mistake. (beside Jesus) There are also immature prophets. George never called himself a prophet. If he is a prophet then you better be careful what you say about him. Chronicles16:22 aying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. You need to study the word and attend a bible based church. Just be careful, God will hold us accountable.

Peace to you.

• Upvote 2

...Sam T...

Hebrews 11 :1, I think you will enjoy !...Now faith is...

...and Kim Clement...

My favorite verse in the bible. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Another good one is to keep yours eyes off men and on God because men will let you down.

See lots of hero worship on all these websites.

Kim Clement. A man of God.

Frank I feel is a good man but he takes himself down notches all the time when he does things like... Kim used the word "suddenly" in his message that was all over the boards the last couple of days and spoke of gold dipping. Was not long at all before that was Franks message, and will happen suddenly .. Just not a fan of the drama he tries to surround himself with.

My favorite verse in the bible. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Another good one is to keep yours eyes off men and on God because men will let you down.

See lots of hero worship on all these websites.

Kim Clement. A man of God.

Frank I feel is a good man but he takes himself down notches all the time when he does things like... Kim used the word "suddenly" in his message that was all over the boards the last couple of days and spoke of gold dipping. Was not long at all before that was Franks message, and will happen suddenly .. Just not a fan of the drama he tries to surround himself with.

I feel the same way about the hero worship. Frank is just a man who gets caught up in the hype sometimes. I do put my faith in God and not man. Kim Clement is a man of God. Next week could be the week.

Peace to you

So Sam T, are you saying that someone who prophesies falsely is NOT a false prophet?

I mean really, what ARE you saying? Mr. Robinson's own words were "...I prophesied...", and his prophecy didn't come to pass.

Concerning my discussion, I don't care if he's in what you call the "office of a prophet" or not. He foretold the future at the leading of the Lord, and his foretelling did not come to pass.

I've got an idea: what DOES that make Mr. Robinson? Before you answer recall that Mr. Robinson claimed to know this future (the RV of the IQD) based on what he said the Lord revealed to him.

And regarding your warning I point you to Deuteronomy. If a prophecy fails, fear not the prophet!

Take care.

p.s. It concerns me that you've apparently started to assume things about my motivation/personality. I ask you to stop and re-read my posts regarding Mr. Robinson before doing so again. Furthermore I'll go ahead and restate what I've written numerous times in the past: I love Mr. Robinson and am greatly impressed by his testimony and ministry. I feel he is a great and genuine minister of the Lord. It's his prophesying that has me concerned.

I feel the same way about the hero worship. Frank is just a man who gets caught up in the hype sometimes. I do put my faith in God and not man. Kim Clement is a man of God. Next week could be the week.

Peace to you

And to yours Sam T. Yes I think we are close but not over excited. I have a peace about life that only God provides. Used too, I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement but God has shown me that money is not the end all to happiness, He is. Another good one, 'Be still and know that I am God.'

So Sam T, are you saying that someone who prophesies falsely is NOT a false prophet?

I mean really, what ARE you saying? Mr. Robinson's own words were "...I prophesied...", and his prophecy didn't come to pass.

Concerning my discussion, I don't care if he's in what you call the "office of a prophet" or not. He foretold the future at the leading of the Lord, and his foretelling did not come to pass.

I've got an idea: what DOES that make Mr. Robinson? Before you answer recall that Mr. Robinson claimed to know this future (the RV of the IQD) based on what he said the Lord revealed to him.

And regarding your warning I point you to Deuteronomy. If a prophecy fails, fear not the prophet!

Take care.

p.s. It concerns me that you've apparently started to assume things about my motivation/personality. I ask you to stop and re-read my posts regarding Mr. Robinson before doing so again. Furthermore I'll go ahead and restate what I've written numerous times in the past: I love Mr. Robinson and am greatly impressed by his testimony and ministry. I feel he is a great and genuine minister of the Lord. It's his prophesying that has me concerned.

I never made any comments about your personality or your motivation but you have not studied what the word says about who is a prophet, did you try and study this subject before you make these last comments again? We have already gone down this road about the office of a prophet already. You keep pointing the same scripture yet you hear nothing else. But I guess that most of hear what we want to hear. I will agree that we disagree and let it go at that.

Peace to you my brother in Christ

And to yours Sam T. Yes I think we are close but not over excited. I have a peace about life that only God provides. Used too, I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement but God has shown me that money is not the end all to happiness, He is. Another good one, 'Be still and know that I am God.'

"The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want".... well might as well say I love the 23rd Psalm. Something that I know is true for all His children. He is our God, the Great I Am.

Peace to you brother from another mother.

Edited by Sam T
  • Upvote 2

God told me to let everyone know that it is time to let this go.

No matter which side of the fence you are on, let's give ol' George a rest.

Megaphone, ouiji board or plain intuition....just interested? Don't know which club to join......if any

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I never made any comments about your personality or your motivation but you have not studied what the word says about who is a prophet, did you try and study this subject before you make these last comments again? We have already gone down this road about the office of a prophet already. You keep pointing the same scripture yet you hear nothing else. But I guess that most of hear what we want to hear. I will agree that we disagree and let it go at that.

I was referring to the stir things up comment you made above. No biggie. Should have prefaced my motivational comment with a /tongue-in-cheek smiley or something. Do those even exist? :P

I concur to agree to disagree. :P

Not to "stir things up" again (hee hee hee) but my whole angle was simply logical thought. I can leave the word "prophet" out of my argument if you'd like, and I'm curious if that would actually change anything concerning your rebuttal. Here goes...

If someone foretells the future in the name of the Lord and their foretelling fails to come to pass as foretold, what does that make them?

Perhaps more to the point, should they keep foretelling the future in the name of the Lord?

I've enjoyed the civil discussion thus far!

Take care.

Religion and currency investments go together like oil and water. When I see "blessings" , "my Christian friends.." or "God" used in any post, my first thought is that a Pumper is hiding behind the curtain. Trying to build credibility with the reader. Not buying into it at all.

. To stand in the office of a prophet, one must have a consistent manifestation of at least two of the revelation gifts ( word of wisdom, word of knowledge, or discerning of spirits) plus prophecy.

Do you think that prophets are superman? They are just man who are seeking after God. And yes they were chosen by God for the office of a prophet. No they make mistakes also, sometimes it is the flesh and sometimes they are immature. Man can make mistakes and is not perfect like God. Check this out "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know The word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. Deuteronomy 18:21-22. A false prophet will continue to mislead people but a true prophet can make a mistakes. Have you ever been trained to do something and you never made a mistake that takes years to master. Let me know if you know someone who has not made a mistake. (beside Jesus) There are also immature prophets. George never called himself a prophet. If he is a prophet then you better be careful what you say about him. Chronicles16:22 aying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. You need to study the word and attend a bible based church. Just be careful, God will hold us accountable.

Peace to you.

Where is your prophet definition stated in the Bible?

Where is the grace you have given for failed prophesy stated in the Bible? I am not talking about man and his mistakes. I am talking "here is what the Lord said". There is no practicing for "thus saith the Lord". God's words are too vital for the error that has become accepted by many. That is unscriptural to say that when God wants to speak through someone that it needs to be "mastered", or giving grace for immaturity. Please show a Biblical example for this. There are prophets today who never make a mistake when it comes to speaking exactly what God said. They mislead noone because they hear God's voice. George may not be a prophet, but he prophesied what appears to be a false word which should never happen. If we look back after the rv and find out something did happen during the time frame George gave (and we didn't know it till later) and the rate is between $3.87 - $3.89, we could judge this differently.

Some of us here on the forum were captivated and blinded by a claim that God was leading a speaker or giving this person words from the Holy Spirit. Oblivious to the fact that miraculous knowledge and miraculous prophecy are no longer given by the Spirit. And I am aware that others do not hold that position, but it has never been proven to me. Miraculous prophecy would need to be written down and placed as Scripture if God gave it. When God speaks, it is NOT a guess. It is sure and will happen just as He says. But He does not give revelation and prophecy today!

I’m a strong believer in God, the Bible, and what the Bible says. But I will only trust in the truth from God in His Word and all people claiming to speak from God today can be found liars.

The above is wrong and can be proven by many different scriptures, taken in context. One such scripture I just read today: Matthew 24:24 (talking about the end of the world time period - Matt. 24 verse 3) "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." For there to be the false, there has to be the true. Great signs and wonders by false prophets show me that God's people will do the miraculous. Jesus said "Greater works than these shall he do...". Acts 21:10 talks of the PROPHET Agabus who prophesied to Paul of what would happen to him in Jerusalem. This happened AFTER Jesus Christ died and what you interpret 1 Corin. 13:10 as meaning is proven incorrect.

We must not discount the true on the basis that there is so much false!!

Edited by growingold
  • Upvote 1

He did. If more people continue to say otherwise I'll go and dig it up. Hopefully they'll just realize they're wrong because I'm lazy. :P

DreeDree, what are you talking about?

And your last statement is exactly my point: Mr. Robinson is NOT one of this site's "gurus". He is a minister of the LORD. Let me say that again. He is a minister of the LORD! He was given revelation/visions/whatever that he claimed were from the LORD regarding the RV of the IQD.

He did NOT take the advice of Paul in Corinthians 14:29, which says, "Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge." Are we not OBLIGATED as Mr. Robinson's brothers in Christ to draw attention to the fact that his prophecy has for all intents and purposes, failed to come to pass as he revealed it?

Or do we brush it under the rug?

I believe the point of God giving us a litmus test for prophecy and Paul's admonition in Corinthians 14:29 is so we don't get repeat offenders. If Mr. Robinson's prophecy concerning the RV of the IQD failed, then we are told by God that we do not need to "fear" Mr. Robinson any more. Whatever else he may prophesy is now suspect. THAT is the whole point of my drawing attention to this, of others drawing attention to this.

So we won't be led to act based on Mr. Robinson's "revelations". Because I'm not gonna' lie, I TOTALLY believed it was going to happen based on my understanding of Christianity, of spiritual matters, and Mr. Robinson's testimony. Did I go and spend all my rent money and utility money on dinar after hearing Mr. Robinson? No, thankfully God has kept me from being stupid. But still.

Now we know, at least as far as Mr. Robinson's prophecies are concerned, that he is just as likely to be right as any of the other so called "gurus" or financial advisors.

Or so it appears to my finite human mind. Just, really people. I love Mr. Robinson. I praise God for him, his testimonies, and his ministry. Again, he seems to be a genuine minister of the Lord. But when it comes to his prophesying...I dunno'. Maybe he should tell us what went wrong.

Take care.

p.s. And yeah, I'm ignoring you people who keep telling me he never said he was a prophet, yada yada. :P

I can recall him describing, in his own words, one of his financial predictions. He HIMSELF used the word "prophesied". As in, "I PROPHESIED ...." I mean seriously! And what does a prophet do? Wait for it...wait for it! He PROPHESIZES!

And hey...I know this is an online forum and I need to be careful how my words portray my feelings. With that said, if I were in person talking to the people who keep telling me he never said he was a prophet I would be responding with a grin on my face, a sucker punch to their arm and a big fat, "POWNED!" As in, I love you guys but it's simultaneously funny and irritating how you can keep claiming that he didn't say he was a prophet when he himself used words describing himself as such. :P You see that, right? :P It's me, smiling with my TONGUE sticking out at you! Got it?

<3

Sweetie, I am speaking about the command of the Father that tells us to Love one another. FORGIVENESS, WHICH IS LOVE INSIDE OUT. Everyone who has been following this knows that what was expected to be manifested in "The Natural", did not happen. Who really needed you to come on and give them a lesson on a FALSE Prophet, Your EGO perhaps. Go directly to George and tell him that he is a false prophet man to man, not on a public forum. Gain control of your emotions, thoughts, and tongue and speak out of LOVE my brother. HERE IS LOVE ACCORDING TO 1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-7 (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves. Love never fails.(v8, in part). I end in love and truth, be blessed.

Edited by dreedree125
  • Upvote 2

I was referring to the stir things up comment you made above. No biggie. Should have prefaced my motivational comment with a /tongue-in-cheek smiley or something. Do those even exist? :P

I concur to agree to disagree. :P

Not to "stir things up" again (hee hee hee) but my whole angle was simply logical thought. I can leave the word "prophet" out of my argument if you'd like, and I'm curious if that would actually change anything concerning your rebuttal. Here goes...

If someone foretells the future in the name of the Lord and their foretelling fails to come to pass as foretold, what does that make them?

Perhaps more to the point, should they keep foretelling the future in the name of the Lord?

I've enjoyed the civil discussion thus far!

Take care.

I don't believe the things of God are always logical. Can we agree on that ?

1. It makes them wrong as far as this prophecy. Sometimes we interpret things incorrectly. Have you heard from God?, it can overwhelm your senses. It take faith to say what you hear to others. You can also hear satan as well as your mind.

2. If you made one mistake should you stop trying? If you preached one really bad sermon that you in which you thought that you heard from the Lord should you stop preaching?

Peace to you

Religion and currency investments go together like oil and water. When I see "blessings" , "my Christian friends.." or "God" used in any post, my first thought is that a Pumper is hiding behind the curtain. Trying to build credibility with the reader. Not buying into it at all.

We are what we think., that becomes our reality.

Peace to you

Where is your prophet definition stated in the Bible?

Where is the grace you have given for failed prophesy stated in the Bible? I am not talking about man and his mistakes. I am talking "here is what the Lord said". There is no practicing for "thus saith the Lord". God's words are too vital for the error that has become accepted by many. That is unscriptural to say that when God wants to speak through someone that it needs to be "mastered", or giving grace for immaturity. Please show a Biblical example for this. There are prophets today who never make a mistake when it comes to speaking exactly what God said. They mislead noone because they hear God's voice. George may not be a prophet, but he prophesied what appears to be a false word which should never happen. If we look back after the rv and find out something did happen during the time frame George gave (and we didn't know it till later) and the rate is between $3.87 - $3.89, we could judge this differently.

My god is full of grace and rich in mercy. Many of the scriptures have a deeper meaning. There are many mysteries in the bible that are not revealed until the time is right for that person to know. We will agree to disagree. Many of us have put God in a box.

You better watch out....that glass house you are living in just might shatter today. There are times that you should be still as the power of life and death is in the tongue.

He is just doing what the Bible says. I was in a cult for 10 years because of the threat of not speaking against God's anointed and the pastor of our church took us down the road to great error and caused untold misery on hundreds of families. We are required by Scripture to judge righteous judgment. This man's specific prophecy did not happen so he was not speaking by the Spirit in this matter. There are times to be still, true, but when a man speaks a prophecy in the name of God and it does not come to pass, the above mentioned Scripture is to be obeyed. Making excuses for this man is idolatrous and dangerous.

Sweetie, I am speaking about the command of the Father that tells us to Love one another. FORGIVENESS, WHICH IS LOVE INSIDE OUT. Everyone who has been following this knows that what was expected to be manifested in "The Natural", did not happen. Who really needed you to come on and give them a lesson on a FALSE Prophet, Your EGO perhaps. Go directly to George and tell him that he is a false prophet man to man, not on a public forum. Gain control of your emotions, thoughts, and tongue and speak out of LOVE my brother. HERE IS LOVE ACCORDING TO 1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-7 (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves. Love never fails.(v8, in part). I end in love and truth, be blessed.

It is a loving thing to warn people about false prophets! Remember that "this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments." And one of his commandments is to beware of false prophets. Jumping back to Deuteronomy God gives us that definition. So he has done the loving thing! :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My god is full of grace and rich in mercy. Many of the scriptures have a deeper meaning. There are many mysteries in the bible that are not revealed until the time is right for that person to know. We will agree to disagree. Many of us have put God in a box.

He is also a God of judgment. Don't forget what damage a false prophesy does to the name of Christ, especially in a forum of fine people who have been turned off by the money-grubbing televangelists, whose message is basically "Send me money and God will bless you." Arguing against fact makes all Christians look stupid, and who wants to become a Christian if you have to become stupid to qualify? Those outside of the faith see what is going on and think we have lost our minds. George said that God told him something was going to happen by a certain date. It did not come to pass. Solution: we don't listen to him. Result: Christians are not stupid people. Sure we forgive George and love him like a brother, and don't judge his heart, but we don't listen to him anymore when he prophesies. He is not credible. When Samuel the prophet came to town people trembled because everything he said happened. When Agabus prophesied about world-wide famine, it happened. Love George, but don't elevate him to prophet status. He flunked the final.

• Upvote 1

George Robinson's prophecy was a big catalyst for me. I defintitely believe in the prophetic, prophets, prophecy, etc. and, I do believe it's for today... That said, I have to say George did not get this one right. He gave an explicit rate, and explicit dates, and neither occurred.

I am well familiar with the Deuteronomy definition.... it could also be argued that Agabus did get a portion of his prophecy wrong when he prophecied to Paul with his belt. He said the man (Paul) would be handed over to the gentiles. In reality, it was the gentiles (Romans) who rescued Paul.

My personal jury is still out on George... I think his life and doctrine line up with scripture. I think he did this with pure motive (i.e. he had nothing to gain personally if you or I bought dinars).

It gets back to, if you say "thus says the Lord", it better really be the Lord!

Where are the true, definitive, prophets of the Lord? Ugh!

• Upvote 2

He is also a God of judgment. Don't forget what damage a false prophesy does to the name of Christ, especially in a forum of fine people who have been turned off by the money-grubbing televangelists, whose message is basically "Send me money and God will bless you." Arguing against fact makes all Christians look stupid, and who wants to become a Christian if you have to become stupid to qualify? Those outside of the faith see what is going on and think we have lost our minds. George said that God told him something was going to happen by a certain date. It did not come to pass. Solution: we don't listen to him. Result: Christians are not stupid people. Sure we forgive George and love him like a brother, and don't judge his heart, but we don't listen to him anymore when he prophesies. He is not credible. When Samuel the prophet came to town people trembled because everything he said happened. When Agabus prophesied about world-wide famine, it happened. Love George, but don't elevate him to prophet status. He flunked the final.

I never called George a prophet. You are right there many have used the name of God incorrectly. Matter of fact if you have read all my comments, you would know that there a difference from the gift of prophecy and a prophet. I don't know if it is over with yet, time will tell. I trust in no man but God and God only. His mercy endures forever. So many of God children have been hurt by other so called saints of God. Do as God leads you to do.

Peace to you

• Upvote 1

he is an artist in bovine scatology, dangling the carrot in front of you i.e. God ,, and then once he drew you in he asked for money,,or did some of you miss that part?? an old trick for some one who has no real power..

Yeah I missed that part. I don't recall him ever asking for money on any of the half a dozen CCs I've listened to him on.

Can you be more specific? A link would be superb.

Take care.