Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So Have We Figured out the Tax rate yet

I remember seeing a post arguing if this were to RV like everyone is praying we be hit with the capital gains tax, while the other side of the coin said it would be personal income tax, no different then what your taxed at the end of the year. Does anyone know for sure at this point?

I remember seeing a post arguing if this were to RV like everyone is praying we be hit with the capital gains tax, while the other side of the coin said it would be personal income tax, no different then what your taxed at the end of the year. Does anyone know for sure at this point?

Some claim that it is a simple exchange and therefore not taxed but I tend to believe it will fall under capital gains. JMHO

You will hear both sides of the story, however, when I presented the case (in historical detail) to my CPA, he stated that this type of gain on currency would be subject to the tax laws covering short and long-term capital gains. That is, if you hold the dinar over one-year, the efffective tax rate would be 15%....less that one-year would be at your personal rate. I strongly urge you to consult a CPA or tax attorney for personal guidance that addresses your tax situation.

I think it's a function of who your accountant is, and how conversant he/she is with this type of transaction. I spoke with our corporate accountant on this issue and he characterized the tax situation as capital gains, meaning that if we held the IQD for a year, the tax would be 15%, otherwise it would be taxed at your income bracket. Check with your own accountant, since in the final analysis, that's who would be signing your return.