Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sceptical - UNTIL NOW!

Pam&Brian

I read Adam's post, Sonny1's post, Ennorste's post and all the comments and afterwards I sat back and thought about it for a long while. I am a strong believer in logic, things that make sense, events that tie out, history repeating itself and the diversity of human nature. Now, having said that, for many months after investing in the dinar I was sceptical and none of the info or intel or rumors got me very excited for long.

UNTIL NOW!

Forget about the rumors, forget about the false predictions, forget about what he heard from his buddy who heard from his sisters aunt who told her grandchild..... pay attention to what has just been announced - Iraq is starting to replace the larger denominations with smaller denominations and BOTH will remain legal tender. That is awesome and IMO (an opinion shared by many on this site), here's why - as soon as this process takes effect, Iraq has to RV their currency. They can't have locals carrying bags of small denominations to the grocery store AND they can't hurt every Iraqi by lopping zeros. This means RV, this means the Iraqis all gain from the process and at the end of the day, it's the Iraqis who need to benefit from the RV, not the outside world. Thus said, it's a bonus that the successful implementation of this process just happens to be beneficial for investors like us. It's a win win IMO but most importantly of all, its a win for the Iraqi people which is long overdue.

On a lighter note,;) I will be very happy when the RV happens so GO RV NOW!!!!

In the worst-case scenario, we may only enjoy the RV success by this year 2010, if not any earlier date in Feb or Mar - and definitely, it is not going to prolong it to 2011. According to Obama's promise that all US troops must be back home by middle of this year means that the RV must happen earlier than that, period. For those who want to give up holding dinar, please give yourself a break till the middle of this year comes. Rome is not built in a day and so do all mothers who are pregnant. It takes nine months to create us as a human being. Why not wait for a few more months for the pregnancy of your windfall to arrive in due time? LOL!

• Downvote 1

Pam I hope Mr. Phonics doesn't see your post lol he gets mean when he sees words like skeptical spelled sceptical. but congrats on your millions,money in the bank!!!!

Its my British upbringing Mongo - I spell the English way..... still learning the American way of spelling after all these years!!

Skeptic or Sceptic?

"Why do you spell skeptic with a 'K' when the English version is spelt with a 'C'"? is a frequent query.

Well the fact that (British) people notice and remember is one reason!

Skeptics in the USA, and in many other countries throughout the world, have a stronger identity than we have here in the UK thanks to the input of James Randi, Michael Shermer, and Stephen Barrett, to name but a few. Spelling skeptic the same way as they do helps with continuity, as the skeptic community is a world-wide one.

Also, using skeptic rather than sceptic, helps with search engine results as the vast majority of people searching use the American spelling.

The issue is not an important one as both spellings of the word mean exactly the same thing. Some people, however, do try to make a distinction between the two spellings as if they have different meanings: they do not.

The biggest confusion that occurs is where people look up sceptic/skeptic in the dictionary and get the definition of the noun: One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

To be "a Skeptic" means that the person adheres to the method of scientific skepticism. This is different to being "sceptical" which means to be doubtful.

Edited by Pam&Brian
Added a liitle info on the spelling of skeptic/sceptic for Mr Phonics and Mongo, lol

Its my British upbringing Mongo - I spell the English way..... still learning the American way of spelling after all these years!!

Skeptic or Sceptic?

"Why do you spell skeptic with a 'K' when the English version is spelt with a 'C'"? is a frequent query.

Well the fact that (British) people notice and remember is one reason!

Skeptics in the USA, and in many other countries throughout the world, have a stronger identity than we have here in the UK thanks to the input of James Randi, Michael Shermer, and Stephen Barrett, to name but a few. Spelling skeptic the same way as they do helps with continuity, as the skeptic community is a world-wide one.

Also, using skeptic rather than sceptic, helps with search engine results as the vast majority of people searching use the American spelling.

The issue is not an important one as both spellings of the word mean exactly the same thing. Some people, however, do try to make a distinction between the two spellings as if they have different meanings: they do not.

The biggest confusion that occurs is where people look up sceptic/skeptic in the dictionary and get the definition of the noun: One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

To be "a Skeptic" means that the person adheres to the method of scientific skepticism. This is different to being "sceptical" which means to be doubtful.

You go, girl!!!!! I am sooooo glad you responded to that one!

Let me tell you about obama-do NOT believe a word he says-----------------------------------------look at WHAT he does!!!!ACTION means a lot more than mere words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and this guy sure can TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gottarock is right on the money... all the US will do is change the title of the 100,000 plus troops in Iraq and call them Military Advisors... all is legal and he will have accomplished what he said he would do.... have all the TROOPS out by Aug 2010... Os mind... Mil. Advisors are not the same as Combat Troops...

I read Adam's post, Sonny1's post, Ennorste's post and all the comments and afterwards I sat back and thought about it for a long while. I am a strong believer in logic, things that make sense, events that tie out, history repeating itself and the diversity of human nature. Now, having said that, for many months after investing in the dinar I was sceptical and none of the info or intel or rumors got me very excited for long.

UNTIL NOW!

Forget about the rumors, forget about the false predictions, forget about what he heard from his buddy who heard from his sisters aunt who told her grandchild..... pay attention to what has just been announced - Iraq is starting to replace the larger denominations with smaller denominations and BOTH will remain legal tender. That is awesome and IMO (an opinion shared by many on this site), here's why - as soon as this process takes effect, Iraq has to RV their currency. They can't have locals carrying bags of small denominations to the grocery store AND they can't hurt every Iraqi by lopping zeros. This means RV, this means the Iraqis all gain from the process and at the end of the day, it's the Iraqis who need to benefit from the RV, not the outside world. Thus said, it's a bonus that the successful implementation of this process just happens to be beneficial for investors like us. It's a win win IMO but most importantly of all, its a win for the Iraqi people which is long overdue.

On a lighter note,;) I will be very happy when the RV happens so GO RV NOW!!!!

I'm a newbie but If I may, Pam, that made the most sense out of the 100s of posts I've read. Why would a country hurt their own people to reduce the value of their money? Iraq is just trying to join the big leagues. They have investors moving in to help them pump oil, the US forces are preparing to downsize, the war is getting better so they have a bright future. Of course it will take time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Touch

As far as Lopping the Iraqi Dinar, that has not been the plan. Gradual elimination of the larger notes has been the plan. Unlike Korea (communist country) Iraq has promised to its people a return to currency with the purchasing power of pre-war times. Remember, when the new currency was introduced, Iraqis lost all of their savings and purchasing power. It would only be fair to return the losses back to the people. Iraqis became poor overnight and they just may become wealthy overnight... sounds fair.

Hope this helps too!

Pam I hope Mr. Phonics doesn't see your post lol he gets mean when he sees words like skeptical spelled sceptical. but congrats on your millions,money in the bank!!!!

Mr. Mongo, Sceptical is the british spelling of skeptical. Please correct me if I am wrong, this is intersting, you sent me to search the dictionary, Thanks!

were did you get this info from, that iraq replaced larger denoms

Dont misquote me - I said "pay attention to what has just been announced - Iraq is starting to replace the larger denominations with smaller denominations and BOTH will remain legal tender." - which does not mean they have replaced larger denominations. It means they have started the process of replacing them and that the larger notes will remain as legal tender. No-one loses.

It may help if you read what is written, not what you think is written.

If you want answers as to where this has been reported, just google it - its all over various news websites.