Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I just recently read a report on the super Rich of the Planet......The #1 is some Carlos Ruim from Mexico whom I never heard about..... My Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, has assets around 12,5 BILLION Euros..........And..... He is ONLY #118 among the World's Wealthiest..... That kinda struck me..... To think there's sooooo much money on his Planet in the hands of a relatively very small group of Individuals. ....The problems of this Planet ( hunger, un-employment, etc) could be solved super fast if these Moguls had the good will of helping their fellow humans who are struggling on a day-to-day basis.

I recently read that Warren Buffet and Bill Gates had made agreements with most of the top "Billionaires" to donate half their fortunes now or upon their death to charities of their choosing. The richest guy from Mexico was listed above gates simply because of the donations through the Gates Foundation that decremented his fortune enough to knock him to # 2. Noble gestures considering they all know that they current ly have way more money than they or their family needs will ever be.

Just FYI !.

Terry P.

• Upvote 1

I recently read that Warren Buffet and Bill Gates had made agreements with most of the top "Billionaires" to donate half their fortunes now or upon their death to charities of their choosing. The richest guy from Mexico was listed above gates simply because of the donations through the Gates Foundation that decremented his fortune enough to knock him to # 2. Noble gestures considering they all know that they current ly have way more money than they or their family needs will ever be.

Just FYI !.

Terry P.

I heard something a little different about Gates.... To my understanding He chose to donate all of his funds after death...... told his children not to expect anything in a will... but he has made every opportunity for them to be set up now and put them all in position to gain there own money. Great to hear about the donating (hope that its now rather than later)......I thinkk one reason we are here is to help each other............."It's not about our status: It's about what we do with what we have.."

• Upvote 1

I heard something a little different about Gates.... To my understanding He chose to donate all of his funds after death...... told his children not to expect anything in a will... but he has made every opportunity for them to be set up now and put them all in position to gain there own money. Great to hear about the donating (hope that its now rather than later)......I thinkk one reason we are here is to help each other............."It's not about our status: It's about what we do with what we have.."

IN THE BIG PICTURE !!!!

Servant and Friend.....

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (Matthew 7:12)

Not Judging.... just stating a Biblical Fact... and that is: nomatter if we have Billions or just a few dollars we must be good stewards and think about others, my friend.. And when I mention GREED its something that we all must be aware of.....Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular ......I dont know there situation or there hand....... GRD can effect even that man with just $100 :)

When I said ( I hope its now rather than later)........I Simply mean I hope we are all giving what we can now In Life and not waiting til we Die to start Giving. Whether it be money, a hug, a smile , good word of incouragement, a ride etc. And keep this in mind : "the Greatest thing you can give someone is your time.... Its the one thing they cant give BACK" :)

THANKS Upgradable. Keep me on my toes.

Well aren't you just the considerate One :huh:

Bytheway BANE; to each His Own. All things work together........ :)

• Upvote 1

I have a business that is doing well at the moment (fingers crossed), but my desire has always been to design and fabricate prosthetic limbs for accident victims, vets, etc. I would hire somone to run the day to day operations of my business so I could apply myself to that end. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

Servant,

Here is the link from "The Giving Pledge". It states specifically during their life or subsequent to their deaths they pledge to donate the "majority" of their wealth to philanthropic charities. The Gates Foundation and Warren Buffet has spearheaded this. Look at the list of those who pledged to do the same. Very impressive.

http://givingpledge.org/#enter

Click on the About/Directory links on that page to get more info.

Very cool that they are doing this!

Terry P.

• Upvote 1

THANKS ......... OLESKuLE24 LIsten to what Ted Turner Had to say in his letter ...from the Great link you just gave me.........It makes metion of what I stated in BOLD above:.........."Fast forward twenty years to September 1997. I was being honored as the 1997 Man of the Year by the United Nations Association and I was contemplating what I’d say that evening. Good thoughts about my family’s foundation, the Turner Foundation, starting flooding my mind, and I smiled at the fact that we had already invested several hundred million dollars in grants and had made a significant impact on so many people and organizations around the world. I wish I could remember who that man was who first gave me the idea for a family foundation, because I owe him a debt of gratitude. The Turner Foundation helped me understand the impact we all can have through philanthropic contributions. My experiences with organizations like the Better World Society opened my eyes to the power of assembling a team of international leaders to address global issues. Had I not experienced working with these two organizations, I don’t think I would have had the confidence to move forward with what I was about to propose to the United Nations that evening. That was the night my $1 billion pledge was heard around the world and the United Nations Foundation was born. I also made it clear that while the amount I was giving away was certainly a lot of money, I was also putting other rich people on notice that I would be calling on them to be more generous. Now that I was pledging such a large amount, I could lead by example, and it was time for me to get out in front of the parade.

Over the years, the United Nations Foundation has done innovative work to make the world a better place and has helped strengthen the U.N. in the process. This gives me a lot of satisfaction, as have my efforts to influence other wealthy people to become more active in philanthropy. After the billion dollar pledge, I challenged my fellow billionaires to do more. I realized that many of them used their net worth as a way to keep score and they enjoyed seeing where they ranked on lists put out by magazines like Fortune and Forbes. Understanding how competitive most of these people were, I called on the media to start publishing lists of people who gave away the most. I figured that this would not only motivate people to try to get to the top of the philanthropy list, it could also shame some whose names didn’t show up. Slate.com was the first to take up the list idea and other media outlets joined in later." :)

Servant,

Here is the link from "The Giving Pledge". It states specifically during their life or subsequent to their deaths they pledge to donate the "majority" of their wealth to philanthropic charities. The Gates Foundation and Warren Buffet has spearheaded this. Look at the list of those who pledged to do the same. Very impressive.

http://givingpledge.org/#enter

Click on the About/Directory links on that page to get more info.

Very cool that they are doing this!

Terry P.

Great link .........To People with Great Big Hearts ,,, "With their Great Big Pockets" :D Praise GOD

I have a business that is doing well at the moment (fingers crossed), but my desire has always been to design and fabricate prosthetic limbs for accident victims, vets, etc. I would hire somone to run the day to day operations of my business so I could apply myself to that end. Just my two cents.

Have you ever heard of Limbs for Life? http://www.limbsforlife.org/ Conceived and run by a friend of ours. He spent some major time in Haiti after the earthquake. They do wonderful things!

I WOULD LIKE TO SET UP SOME KIND OF ORGANIZATION TO HELP ALL THE FOLKS WHO CANNOT FIND WORK BUT FALL IN THE CRACKS WITH "NO UNEMPLOYMENT" BENEFITS. ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE WITH LITTLE OR NO SAVINGS FOR RETIREMENT. MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOST EVERYTHING IN THIS LAST RECESSION THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

I WOULD LIKE TO SET UP SOME KIND OF ORGANIZATION TO HELP ALL THE FOLKS WHO CANNOT FIND WORK BUT FALL IN THE CRACKS WITH "NO UNEMPLOYMENT" BENEFITS. ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE WITH LITTLE OR NO SAVINGS FOR RETIREMENT. MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOST EVERYTHING IN THIS LAST RECESSION THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

Sound GREAT Sheep :) you just sparked a Question???? Have any Idea on how to CREATE a job and put about 5000 or more people to work? :mellow:

Well aren't you just the considerate One :huh:

I'll let Ebeneezer Scrooge sum it up best...

"I don't believe in any cause, good fairies, or in Santa Claus so save your breath my little chickadees. No one's ever gonna get a cent from me."

Yes my friend my heart must live in a freezer. I'm a miser and I'm so unfair. Well...Flattery won't get you anywhere...

Edited by BANE
  • Upvote 2

I'll let Ebeneezer Scrooge sum it up best...

"I don't believe in any cause, good fairies, or in Santa Claus so save your breath my little chickadees. No one's ever gonna get a cent from me."

Yes my friend my heart must live in a freezer. I'm a miser and I'm so unfair. Well...Flattery won't get you anywhere...

Okay... EB Scrooge it is!!!......... But Even Mr Scrooge Eventually Seen the Light My friend, Keep reading the story. He has some "interesting later quotes" :D

My money will go directly to children in need. I always wanted to go to Africa. what a dream. Oh, Dinarians, it is a good idea to always carry around a few hundred dollar bills because there will be times that you see people in need and can bail them out. Do not donate to some dude on TV wearing a suit, even the good ones because too much of the money is lost through administration. I am sponsoring an Indian orphan. His name is Sunil. Wouldn't it be cool if I could get him and his grand mother here? I keep his picture up where I can see it when I read myself asleep each evening.

• Upvote 1

BUILD A FENCE BETWEEN MEXICO AND THE US. with rabid dogs...a moat ......and machine guns......and a sign that says" enter at your own risk, and if you make it...we will shoot you in the leg and give you FREE transportation home. GOOD LUCK" Then of course I have a huge list to help LOT'S of people and organizations. Oh yes...I will also be giving a great deal to defeat BO. POURITFORWARD

• Upvote 1

My family will personally donate a large chunk to the Wounded Warriors program, without our military none of this would have even been possible, then our other charity will be the Make a Wish Foundation. With a decent rv amount we can do things for a long time. Those kids don't have a lot of time to see their dream come true. I could'nt really enjoy myself as much out doing something knowing a vet needed a leg that I could afford to give him or her after what they have done for us. Just sayin'

• Upvote 1