Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI making a commission of 13 dinars per $1

Now this is a great debate thread. Good responses. My thinking is that as long as all these other countries keep forgiving Iraqi debt and the US is supporting through handouts, and the fact that oil is purchased with USD, the country of IRAQ is on easy street. No need to RV.

Now I'm not referring to the people of IRAQ. It is obvious that the government of IRAQ doesn't care about its people. Nothing what so ever. Over there, you are either filthy rich or dirt poor. How could any government official sleep at night knowing their people are suffering. The government of IRAQ's biggest project on their calender agenda is when their next holiday(s) are. Craziest thing I ever saw.

It's called living in the twilight (Green) Zone :blink:

Korea isnt sitting on a sea of oil, natural gas and sulfur, not to mention trillions in gold. Korea's currency was NEVER worth more than the USD, And lastly.. We didnt "liberate" Korea...

[/quote/]

Are you talking about the same South Korea that has American troops stationed there since the 1950s (Korean War)? :huh::unsure:

Edited by In Iraq

Nitro - be aware they DO NOT "have to" RV, period.

Right now they are mirroring the Korean peninsula rate of exchange AND contracting. It works for the Koreans, has been for a long, long time.

There is absolutely NO "reason" for the Iraqi's to RV - non-what-so-ever...........

I can maybe see them not revaluing for a few years or in the short term, even with their people banging down their doors, but not in the long run. They've been discussing entering different world trade and business organizations. They need a revaluation (eventually) to make that true and happening. They are also conducting business with countries from all over the world. Furthermore, they have begun a push to remove American military personnel out of Iraq and are basically doing their best to be rid of the sanctions imposed on them and out from underneath the bankruptcy they filed. Common sense says they are looking to become their own sovereign nation and do not truly want interference. They will use whoever as long as they can until their purpose is served then they'll want them out. (Sorry, it's just the nature of the nations in the Middle East.)

Moreover, If what U.S. government officials and economists are saying about the value of the American dollar is firm, with it beginning to lose much of its value and power on a global scale, then it stands to reason that many foreign nations will push to be rid of it as much and as fast as possible. The Iraqi dinar will, yes, have to revalue (eventually) because they will have to utilize it to buy and sell for their nation. Iraq must be able to stand on its own if it is ever to become a truly viable nation again. (Which is what they want.) Plus, they know that they will only be able to stretch the handouts so long before it is cut off.

I know it's a long wait, but things like this take time especially when dealing with any government and more so in the Middle East. My hope is you will not get too discouraged and give up. It will be a while, but it will happen.

GO RV!!!

For something positive, please read:

http://www.financial...antly-increase/

There is hope in this. Read the last few paragraphs.....I know, I know, it's just a news article, but it does make sense.

Edited by aferriss

Thanks Aferriss, are you saying that the IQD may perhaps be the currency of choice one day? I ask that because someone else had a pretty convincing post last month giving that scenario...

I will be honest and say I don't know if it will be the currency of choice, but I believe that it will be its own sovereign nation one day and it will stand on its own in the international markets and trade on a global scale. And with their vast resources, there's no reason why they shouldn't or couldn't.