Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DV CHAT this am 2-23-11

Sunglass

Hi Striker,

Thank you for the info. Forex is something I have been looking at attempting. I appreciate the heads up on backing off the trading till this comes to a head, I noticed Scooter had also mention this on a chat earlier in the week.

Would you be able to list any specific currencies/countries this has happened with. I would love to do some research on those countries to try to get a better understanding of in-country economic conditions in relation to currency revaluations and devaluations.

I have been doing some research on my own, but I would love specific starting points. This Forex development appears to be a positive sign from all that I have read, but i don't know why.

Thanks for your help

Edited by magicchris
  • Upvote 1

Hi Magic Chris, I would start out with studying the economic events that are going on in Japan and China. Those are the most recent revaluations and devaluations that have happened. I say use those b/c those are the ones that are going to affect the future of forex trading. With the action that has been going on over there in the past month and the currency revaluations that have shaped up over there it is very much so a gamble to invest in the Asian currencies right now in my opinion. Yet they will play a big role in the near future as they will affect other currencies in a big way. It is just my thoughts but I believe that the yuan and yen are tied very heavily to the Dinar r.v . with all of the investing that has been going on in Iraq.I would expect a RV of the yuan and yen very soon to the Dinar RV as they are under pressure to bring their currency to a level playing field. Also if just getting started I would concentrate on the majors. Those are the easiest to find information on. Stay away from the exotics until you have mastered the majors. I would only invest in one or two currency pairs at a time until you get very comfortable. Don't always expect a 100 pip gain as well. You will start learning how to spot them as you start seeing the patterns that lead up to major movements. Study the 1,2,3, method. Also get familiar with how the resistance works. This is the base for which measurement starts for major movements. Good Luck and Great trading.

• Upvote 8

Hi Magic Chris, I would start out with studying the economic events that are going on in Japan and China. Those are the most recent revaluations and devaluations that have happened. I say use those b/c those are the ones that are going to affect the future of forex trading. With the action that has been going on over there in the past month and the currency revaluations that have shaped up over there it is very much so a gamble to invest in the Asian currencies right now in my opinion. Yet they will play a big role in the near future as they will affect other currencies in a big way. It is just my thoughts but I believe that the yuan and yen are tied very heavily to the Dinar r.v . with all of the investing that has been going on in Iraq.I would expect a RV of the yuan and yen very soon to the Dinar RV as they are under pressure to bring their currency to a level playing field. Also if just getting started I would concentrate on the majors. Those are the easiest to find information on. Stay away from the exotics until you have mastered the majors. I would only invest in one or two currency pairs at a time until you get very comfortable. Don't always expect a 100 pip gain as well. You will start learning how to spot them as you start seeing the patterns that lead up to major movements. Study the 1,2,3, method. Also get familiar with how the resistance works. This is the base for which measurement starts for major movements. Good Luck and Great trading.

Striker thanks for the useful info here bud,nice to see we have helpful people on our forum. Big thanks for the post sunglass.

• Upvote 2

Striker,Thank you very much for taking the time to get me going on the right foot. I will certainly digest all of the info that you have shared and start my own research. I really appreciate it. Aside from rumors and hype that spread all over the internet like wildfire, there really is a great wealth of knowledge to be learned of this industry right here on DV.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

NO problem, If you have any questions about strategies or anything you can get me at RM*****@****l.com. I will be more than happy to help anyone out. That's what this world is all about.

Edited by pleasantvalleySunday
sorry no personal emails on the forum
  • Upvote 7

NO problem, If you have any questions about strategies or anything you can get me at RM****@*****l.com. I will be more than happy to help anyone out. That's what this world is all about.

You are so right...This is just what the world is all about lending a hand in any way you can to help. Thanks Striker. I wish you and your family the best in all.

• Upvote 1

First I am a forex trader. I have been for 4 years. I am mostly a day trader. A few partners and myself have completely stopped trading as of this past week. As it is highly speculated with other traders that the day this RV happens that the market will do some very crazy things. There is no way to predict which currencies will be affected positively and which will go negatively. To many variables out there. From what we have seen over the time we have been doing this is when zero's are added then that is generally a sign that the currency is fixing to adjust. Now please keep in mind that no one knows what the rate will be or how it is going to affect the market. Hence that is why I have taken my money out of the market. I plan to return to trading when this is over and the market becomes steady, as to see what to buy according to signs and indicators that I see. This is just my perspective on things and in no way reflects the mass consensus of forex traders. I just do not know in what way the market will be affected. I just know I will make more money in that week than I ever have in a week of trading. Have fun, and remember this type of thing doesn't happen every day. B)

thanks for the incite,i was wondering,when i seen that this morning,i was freaking out a little, HAPPY RV

• Upvote 1

I really do love how everyone is willing to share their own person knowledge on here, it's helped me so much in such a short time. I still have miles and miles to go to fully understand the little bit that I've learned on here in the last month but it really does help. :twothumbs:

Thanks ALL! GO RV!!

• Upvote 1