Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Awesome Message today at Church

For the past 5 years I have helped at least a half dozen families each year over Christmas because I do not believe that children should not have a Christmas. I do not attend church and have no belief in God, so please tell me - whose answered their prayers because I was not sent by God to help them?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

For the past 5 years I have helped at least a half dozen families each year over Christmas because I do not believe that children should not have a Christmas. I do not attend church and have no belief in God, so please tell me - whose answered their prayers because I was not sent by God to help them?

How do you know you were not sent by Him? After all it was the children's prayers that were answered and He uses the most unlikely people to carry through His work. But it is wonderful that you do that for the children! I agree...it is very sad when children miss out or suffer when they are the innocent ones.

• Upvote 4

With all due respect, if there was no God, you wouldn't care if kids missed christmas. You know that feeling that you get in your heart when you give to those children....That's God. God IS love....
  • Upvote 1

I'm not Religious, but I do believe in God. I don't go to church, but I talk to God daily. This is a very powerful message allowing us to reflect on what is important in our lives. Our investment is a small part. God, Family and Country is more important.When we hit the RV, those 3 things will never change....

You may not attend church but when you speak to God he listens. You ideals and I imagine your heart are very much religous. To share the thoughts that you have makes you religous. To honor God,Family and Country like you have makes you religous. The world needs more people like you and the many others who are posting his words and that is the kind of unity we are meant to build. God Bless us all.

• Upvote 1

Bane ,you seem pretty resolute in your thinking right now but i wanted to say this :I am christian not for what god will do for me after i do a,b,c,[works] but i serve God in all and with all my short comings because of what he did for me on the cross.He payed my debt owed [redeemed me] from Hell [ prison cell that seperates you from the presence of god ] that i might be brought into his rotection and presence forever more.{redemption]

Your frustrated and angry because[ no matter how much you do] you don't feel any closer to God or his presence

That's why it say's saved by grace. It's a gift.If your not finding him where your at? then maybe your in the wrong place,either physicaly ,mentaly ,or in your spirit.

I only say this because ive felt that very same way! Just trying to help. Not being judgmental here at all.

Some one said to me once :God can be like a lost set of Keys.They are never where you think you left them ,and they are always in the last place you look. But you always seem to find them if you just keep looking. Peace :)

And that's the thing....You say Jesus was God and died. I say read the Bible. Jesus NO WHERE says he is God almighty. In fact Habbakuk 1:16 I think says that God cannot die.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You may not attend church but when you speak to God he listens. You ideals and I imagine your heart are very much religous. To share the thoughts that you have makes you religous. To honor God,Family and Country like you have makes you religous. The world needs more people like you and the many others who are posting his words and that is the kind of unity we are meant to build. God Bless us all.

I agree. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to Mc Donalds makes you a Hamburger. It is what is in your heart and in your head that makes it work with Him not where you go.

Kramerdinar. I respect your beliefs and respect your giving to others. Though you may not look to Him. I personaly think he may be looking to you because you have a good heart. It's just a perspective thing I guess, but keep up the good work for whatever the reason. Either way others are being help and there is nothing wrong about that. Just my 23.4 Dinar

• Upvote 2

Bane, My friend, I have to disagree with you sir, read a little harder into the Bible and you will see that you have been in fact mislead;

1st John 5:7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Also my friend, if you would read in St. John 1:1-4 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it.

if you will now skip down to verse 14;

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’”

16 And[e] of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,[f] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

I hope this clears things up thank you all and May God Bless

and thank you again Bane for your inquiry

• Upvote 2

Bane, My friend, I have to disagree with you sir, read a little harder into the Bible and you will see that you have been in fact mislead;

1st John 5:7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Also my friend, if you would read in St. John 1:1-4 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it.

if you will now skip down to verse 14;

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’”

16 And[e] of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,[f] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

I hope this clears things up thank you all and May God Bless

and thank you again Bane for your inquiry

I'm out of (+)'s~!! So I'm giving it to you here!!! :) (++++++++++++++1)

• Upvote 3

And that's the thing....You say Jesus was God and died. I say read the Bible. Jesus NO WHERE says he is God almighty. In fact Habbakuk 1:16 I think says that God cannot die.

Jesus does claim that he is the Almighty.

In Revelation 22:13, a passage in which Jesus is clearly speaking, he refers to himself as the Alpha and Omega. I am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

And Revelation 1:8 says "I am the Alpha and Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Thus, the Alpha and Omega, who is Jesus according to Revelation 22:13 , proclaims himself to be the Almighty.

Here is what Hab 1:16 says: Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous. I don't show you this to discredit you. But if the bible says God can't die then show me where that is. I would like to look up the Hebrew word for God in that instance, If it's Elohim then it makes sense because that is the plurality of God, the Godhead.

Jesus said "I Am" several times. (7 I think) If we study what he was saying then we can better understand why the Pharisees wanted to kill him. We are to study to show ourselves approved, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, but to rightly divide the word of truth. If there is a right way to divide the word of truth then there is a wrong way.

Jesus also said to study the scriptures, they are him. He was the word that became flesh.

1TImothy 3:16 - "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Isaiah 52-54 talks about what Jesus endured on the cross. He paid a price for us.

Bottom line is anyone of can use scripture to make our point, but our point doesn't always line up with God's heart. He's God, he loves us. There is nothing I can say or do, that will cause God to love me anymore than he already does.

God loves you too, he may not approve of our disobedience but he does love you. I believe in the garden of Gethsemane when he asked God to remove the cup he wasn't asking out of a self centered motive of deliver me from the cross, He being God the Son knew that in going to the cross that there would be some that rejected the work of the cross, so if there be any other way to save them... let this cup pass. God's heart is for all men to repent and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I hope I haven't offended you. If I have then I humbly ask your forgiveness

willy1der

• Upvote 1

Jehovah's Witness has many pamphlets to attempt to disprove the deity of Jesus. You have a serious issue with your bible study. I'll simply post two instances that go hand in hand with Jesus taking that role.

John focuses on the God aspect of Jesus more than the other Gospel writers, and he gives the introduction with this...

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The word for that is Logos, we use this term even today for the representation by a single "word" as the KJV translates. Mainly because the Logos for a written text would be a word, but in today's system, we use a Logo for a business to be identified by. It is essentially the same case for Jesus, as with words on a page, to become logos with words it would be more words. For Logos to become Logos to man, it would become man.

With that said, this is where Jesus Himself says He is God, deny it if you want, but if you are diligent with your Bible study you will understand this.

Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

You miss this, but in verse 58 Jesus says "before Abraham was, I am." That is one of several I am statements that Jesus gave himself, calling Himself God, how can I prove this? That is why in verse 59 they took up stones to cast at him, because He JUST proclaimed himself to be God. He took the claim to be the voice of the Burning Bush by saying this.

The bible isn't a simpleton book, you need to study it more carefully.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

I hate using just verses without being able to use the chapter in it's entirety, but it's a message board and doing that isn't realistic. Especially since you will probably shun this anyway, and make a shrewd remark as you have about all Jesus/Eternal/Hell related things I've seen.

Lastly, prior to the I AM statement in John 8, you have -

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

In verse 41 "Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God."

You miss it in the English, but essentially they were calling Jesus the 7 letter B word, meaning fatherless. Jesus then replies, not focusing on their attempt at pointing out His supposed illegitimacies, but rather theirs. He says "Ye are of your father the devil, nd the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning".....

Question Bane - Who was this murderer? Many bible commentator's say this is Cane being brought up here, but that really doesn't make any sense. The first murder was NOT Cane, but was Satans murder of Adam. Adam had immortality, and by Satan having him and Eve eat of the fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil, taking away his immortaility was the murder mentioned here.

I love the topic of the Trinity, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to get into it if all you are going to do disregard anything you hear and point to a "Bible Contradiction", even though you don't realize, but the same stuff Jehovahs Witness use for coming against the Trinity, the world uses to attempt to invalidate the Bible as a whole. It is without error, and the enigmatic way is not by accident, it is to keep us digging into the Word. We can understand this stuff by skimming over it and getting the gist, but if we dig deeper, it furthers our understanding of it, and removes error of our interpretation by translation issues. There is a language barrier between you and the Bible, and scholars mixed with many different concordances help fix that, but Prayer ultimately is what bridges that gap, and a relation with the Living God.

By the way Bane, this is saying God cannot die?

Hab 1:16 Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.

I know that's not the verse you were talking about, but thats funny.

• Upvote 1

No it's not the verse I was talking about....I thought I knew it from memory...Habbakuk 1:12 Are you not from long ago, O Jehovah? O my God, my Holy One, you do not die. O Jehovah, for a judgment you have set it; and, O Rock, for a reproving you have founded it.

It says God CANNOT die. You do NOT die. Did Jesus die? Surely. I love how Soldering put up this verse too...John 1:

18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,[f] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

It says right there in the bible that NO ONE has seen God at any time. Did people see Jesus? Did he not walk the Earth? Then he couldn't be God.

If you believe the bible you cannot disprove those verses no matter how hard you try.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should tell lies,

Neither a son of mankind that he should feel regret.

Right there in black and white. GOD IS NOT A MAN. Was Jesus a Man? Yes he was. Therefore Jesus could not be God.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

No it's not the verse I was talking about....I thought I knew it from memory...Habbakuk 1:12 Are you not from long ago, O Jehovah? O my God, my Holy One, you do not die. O Jehovah, for a judgment you have set it; and, O Rock, for a reproving you have founded it.

It says God CANNOT die. You do NOT die. Did Jesus die? Surely. I love how Soldering put up this verse too...John 1:

18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,[f] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

It says right there in the bible that NO ONE has seen God at any time. Did people see Jesus? Did he not walk the Earth? Then he couldn't be God.

If you believe the bible you cannot disprove those verses no matter how hard you try.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that he should tell lies,

Neither a son of mankind that he should feel regret.

Right there in black and white. GOD IS NOT A MAN. Was Jesus a Man? Yes he was. Therefore Jesus could not be God.

I'm sorry, but your version is out of line.

Hab 1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

KJV uses we because the set of words there are, "Lo lo lo", and it makes no sense in context for the writer to mention the ability of God to not die. It makes no sense at all for him to randomly say that, he is prior talking of captives and then in this same verse mentions multiple people whom are ordained for judgment, and talking about "we" translated, as the writer included. Not dying, involving judgment, ever heard of the second death?

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Punctuation is important in this verse, and the Numbers verse you used. Here the ; is used to further expand on what was said prior, "No man hath seen God at any time;" it is then further given a second title to the entity talked about "the only begotten Son". It wasn't at all like you put it, and Numbers is even worse.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

"is not" is the same "Lo lo lo" phrase as in Habakkuk, and this time it is rendered is not, because the entity being refered to is the prior word. The Habakkuk has "we" inserted so you don't make the mistake that the writer is talking about God.

God is not a man , (COMMA) that he should lie; (semi-colon to furthre elaborate on the previously made statement) neither the son of man, that he should repent.

This is key, "neither the son of man", which the word for man is "Adam". We by sons of Adam inheret the sin curse, by salvation through Jesus we become "sons of God", not to be mistaken with the Sons of God in Genesis 6 (Fallen angels in that case).

I wonder how Jehovahs Witness deals with the Fallen Angels producing the Nephilim which wrought the Flood?

Edited by TaintedMeat08
  • Upvote 2

Christ taught " The spiritual health of every man is HIS OWN affair". Just because one person comes into the truth doesn't mean they have the right to force it upon others, sure you can climb to your rOOf and shout it out, but don't really expect everyone to feel the same way. The truth will come to every man in Gods own time not ours. Thats why He granted us freedom of choice. He wants us to come to Him of our own accord, not by force, thats like forcing your own children to love you, it just doesn't mean the same thing, kind of a hollow victory. We are all seeds that germinate at different times, while some are awake growing and ascending, some still lie dormant, sleeping inside thier shell. Every persons day will come.

All modern day religions are fragments of the ONE WHOLE TRUTH, and until that whole truth is restored, the division of people shall continue, thinking my God is better than your God. Always remember, Christ taught through example, not by forcing it upon anyone. We are not here to try and figure all of this stuff out, how can we when so much of the tangible truth has been hidden from us, thats why FAITH is the key, believing in, and loving something that you cannot see or touch, those who are awake know the reality of Him.

I believe the most imortant things we can do as people are very simple, first, develop a PERSONAL and PRIVATE relationship with whatever God you chOOse to believe in, and this is done through Prayer and through thought, word, and action towards others. Everyone and everything is an expression of creation, an extension of God, so how we treat everyone and everything is how we treat God. There is no division between evolution and creation, they go hand-in-hand. Christ taught that we are born with everything we will ever need, meaning that as we are here we shall grow and evolve, both humans and animals alike, it's called ascention.

When Christ was here He tried to show us how to behave, and I cannot help but believe that when He was in prayer He must have had a direct line home, He could see, feel and hear His Father, but yet He still spent hours and days off alone in prayer. meaning to me, that's one of the most important things we can do. For when we combine true thought and sincere feeling, action is set into motion, and this works for both positive and negative feelings, so be careful, be patient and careful in thought before acting, in any situation.

The way life and relgion is presented to us as we grow is VERY complicated, way tOO many rules, laws, and beliefs, making it very difficult for most to cope. To me the main reason Christ even came here was to reveal the gOOd word, to unburden us from the overly complex laws and rules of the Old Testament, He was here to DELIVER us from that complex mess, and show us that life was meant to be VERY simple. Treat others and everything the way you would like to be treated. To me, modern day religions are a waste of time, for they continue to practice the seperation of people. Do some research and find out how the modern day bible came to be, it may suprise you, not to mention how much of it was edited, deleted, and basically left out all together, and it was all done to accomplish one thing and one thing only, confusion and seperation of people, and it worked quite well don't you think. The more knowledge we obtain, the more complex we become, and the further we travel form where we are supposed to be. Life was meant to be simple.

Two great bOOks....."A portrait of Jesus" by Joseph F. Girzone, and "The DOOr of Everything" by Ruby Nelson, both of them help me to find that "simplicity" that most of us lack. Just expressing MVHO, and lucky for you guys my fingers got tired or this may have never ended, lol. Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL, be what you want the world to be....love, praise and gratitude, bless the trOOps and GO RV!

Thank you Vanessa and all who contributed positively to this thread. Blessings in the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen .

What is the name of the Father, Son, and the holy spirit? I know Jesus is the son. I know Jah or Jehovah as the father...but what is the holy spirit's name? Ralph?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4