Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nationmaster with currencies

AkinNAUY

Anyone familiar with this website? My friend emailed this link to me and said to investigate the IQD... I took a gander and I found the the IQD (.310) to USD (1). What baffles me is the regime word in front of the rate:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cur_reg-currency-regime

Maybe we can slice and dice this one and investigate??? I'm just passing it along! :D

Also definition of REGIME with currency...

The exchange rate regime is the way a country manages its currency in respect to foreign currencies and the foreign exchange market. It is closely related to monetary policy and the two are generally dependent on many of the same factors.

Anyone familiar with this website? My friend emailed this link to me and said to investigate the IQD... I took a gander and I found the the IQD (.310) to USD (1). What baffles me is the regime word in front of the rate:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cur_reg-currency-regime

Maybe we can slice and dice this one and investigate??? I'm just passing it along! :D

Also definition of REGIME with currency...

The exchange rate regime is the way a country manages its currency in respect to foreign currencies and the foreign exchange market. It is closely related to monetary policy and the two are generally dependent on many of the same factors.

AkinNAUY check this out if you haven't already:

http://www.oanda.com/cgi/fxlookup/CurrencyInfo.pl?currencyCode=IQD

• Upvote 1

So that's two sites...

1 dinar / .31 = $3.22

but one thing to note, this has been there probably the entire time. Someone pointed this out in another thread on this site. People posting on some other forum back on 2006 talking about the same thing. We need to verify if this information is correct with these sites. If it's not correct then they need to fix it.

So that's two sites...

1 dinar / .31 = $3.22

but one thing to note, this has been there probably the entire time. Someone pointed this out in another thread on this site. People posting on some other forum back on 2006 talking about the same thing. We need to verify if this information is correct with these sites. If it's not correct then they need to fix it.

Isn't that backwards???

Doesn't it say 1 Dinar = .3109 $USD not $1 USD = .3109 Dinar which is what you're suggesting???

Please correct if I am wrong...

rd

According to the Oanda rep I spoke with on Friday, they were contacting CBI to confirm those numbers were correct, especially since they were so far off from the currency converter. I am calling them back in the am to find out if they confirmed the numbers shown are correct. Not sure how relevant, but will update.

Isn't that backwards???

Doesn't it say 1 Dinar = .3109 $USD not $1 USD = .3109 Dinar which is what you're suggesting???

Please correct if I am wrong...

rd

according to these sites 1 IQD = $.31 USD and 1 USD = $3.22

still dont believe it and i hope Texas1 hears back so we'll see.

look you see this exchange rate 3.22 thrown around a lot.

That rate was tossed out there because that was Sadam rate in the late 80s early 90s. RI RI RI...

this is the first time that i have seen anything REAL that backs up that rate.

yeah i know i have been told a thousand time 1168 blah blah....hey we are talking about the currency regime!! why does that not add up to that actual exchange rate????? Theres a discrepancy and either its correct or the sites in this thread or reporting inaccurate.

Thats the point I'm trying to make.

• Upvote 1