Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

500 thousand Iraqis living around Baghdad on garbage!

k98nights

500 thousand Iraqis living around Baghdad on garbage!

14/01/2011 ad-1: 20 | readers number: 26

A new report revealed the aggravation of the phenomenon of random settlements in various parts of Baghdad, with the deterioration of living conditions there, and they depend on garbage as a source of living, while Besieged by diseases and epidemics.

On the other hand, say officials in the local government that they do not have alternatives to rid these from their crisis and justify resorting to trash the spread of unemployment!

The city of victory or Al-Nasr district one of dozens of settlements, which was formed around Baghdad since the year 2003.

And one of the biggest areas that grew in size with the escalation of violence, where the delegation to displaced from other regions and more recently, because unemployment forced other hired to leave their homes, with the higher the housing crisis faced by Baghdad there is a lot of free land, but the seizure was illegal, prompting people who suffer from this crisis to build to protect their families.

It is believed the people of this city that their number is 500 people, the governorate Council speculated that there are about 600 people occupy 42 camps around the city of Baghdad, is about the number of the inhabitants of the town of Boston, but in a country where there is no population statistics, where the risk of some government agencies to go there, it is believed more than being a reality.

The governor says Salah Abdel Razaq that "these people picked up garbage in the absence of employment opportunities," he said, adding that "these Slum dwellers were not legal, so did not provide the services such as education and medical care and security, electricity, sewage and clean water, under such circumstances that could make this a shelter for criminals and terrorists and kidnappers, but we cannot be deported because there are no alternatives," he said.

For his part, says thijeel براح who moved to Al Nasr district coming from the governorate of Missan "at the height of violence in 2005 due to the lack of job opportunities for me in the province moved to here," he said.

Was standing in front of two rooms بناهما of "block" vacant on the ground where he lives with his wife and five children. And three of the children to go to school, while the other two go out to work to collect the garbage to assist the family. They are cooking and heating with wood, and do not have it find themselves بالبطانيات, while he was there the sewage water passes in front of the House.

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_114281.html

• Upvote 1

We sit here feeling hard done by because we have to wait on the childish behaviours of politicians to make our fortune .... when those poor people, at the hands of the same politicians, are trying to feed and clothe their children on garbage and find themselves living in hovels of poorly constructed cast off materiels.

I don't care who you are, or where in the world you are, a parent deserves the raw materials and opportunities to provide the necessities for their family.

smee2

• Upvote 8

We have the same thing going on here in the united states, its called "Homeless people"!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes but the people over there really don't have much choice. In America most of the time if your homeless it is your fault, bad choices in the past lead to a poor future (most cases)

Just like obese people, always an excuse, its not you...it's your metabolism. NO! get off the couch and stop eating pizza, pop and donuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

EXCUSES!!!!!!!! ugh......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

And if your homeless in the states you CAN get help if you want it. No one ever has to eat garbage here if they don't want to.

Here I feel bad for the children but over there I think many of the adults are like children, they have no education and do not understand that it can be better. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just sayin ,I came up from having nothing so I feel for these children,maybe as humans,we could come up with a plan to send these less fortunate children and uneducated parents some clothes and food.maybe even educate them as well,I would not be were am today if my I was not givin a chance as a child,I am forever grateful to that person,god bless everyone.that made my heart hurt sorry.

• Upvote 3

WE ALL FEEL FOR PEOPLE IN NEED. EVEN IN THE US THIS IS HAPPENING. WE CAN'T EVEN DO FOR OURSELVES LET ALONE OTHER COUNTRIES THAT HAVE HAD WORSE SENERIOS. IMAGINE, WE ARE BUYING DINARS TO TRY TO MAKE A PROFIT. HAS ANYONE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT IS STILL GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE PEOLE LIVING THERE? DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY ALL WILL BE RICH OR THAT THEY WILL CONTINUE BEING HOMELESS?

All i'm saying is that we need to care about ourselves first in america and since when do canadians get to judge americans? Do your self a favor and learn more about "Tent Cities" first before throwing judgements around, google it. America does more for other countries than it does itself.

If you do not like my opinion, then keep them to your self in canada.