Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just saw this? Not good?

Trew

The link worked for me and if you click on the link that says Iraq planning to redenominate currency, the original date of the article is 2/2010. I wouldnt worry too much but remember that, even in the article, they stated that the denomination you have would not lose value, ie: 1-25k note = 25k single notes after redenom. That is how I understand it. It will just be a cluster to get these exchanged.

that seems to be the most realistic approach. there is no law that statest it has to be revalued at what it was when it left the international trading marketplace in the 90's. If there is i havent found it and i would like to see it if anyone can show it. Look on the bright side you could have lost ur money at least its not losing value.

• Upvote 1

Yeah your right... that looks bad...

It is current...

The Iraqi Dinar is the currency of Iraq. The currency code for Dinars is IQD, and the currency symbol is د.ع . Below, you'll find Iraqi Dinar rates, a currency converter, Iraqi Dinar News and more. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, or take IQD rates on the go with our XE Mobile apps for your iPhone, BlackBerry, or even your regular phone.

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination."

Well it is 2011 in Iraq now ... so obviously their intel was just about as bad as most people' on here.

Here is to 2011!

Peace ... Good Day B)

The link worked for me and if you click on the link that says Iraq planning to redenominate currency, the original date of the article is 2/2010. I wouldnt worry too much but remember that, even in the article, they stated that the denomination you have would not lose value, ie: 1-25k note = 25k single notes after redenom. That is how I understand it. It will just be a cluster to get these exchanged.

right now 25k=25,000. take of three zeros and 25k =25. that sucks if ur dreaming of a big payday

yes what they posted is current, but if you click on the link and go to the article, its from FEb 2010, this has been discussed a thousand times, nothing new, just them re circulating old news. nothing to worry about, we have addressed that 1000 times, not likely. Trust me, they just find something that fits(whatever the date, or how misinformed) and just attach it to back up what they heard. Nothing has changed! Go RV!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nothing has changed? Look, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but face the facts.. this comes from the CBI's own statement.. maybe it will happen. Maybe it won't. But it doesn't make sense to RV it to me. Not meaning to circulate old news, just pointing it out that if even XE, a Currency Investment Company, isin't expecting it, what makes us think we should?

• Upvote 1

Remember guys the site is given the information by the higher ups... Plus I dont think any country with a currency that has this much potential would go out and say, That they are going to RI.RV so everybody and their dog would jump on the band wagon. that info has been there for over two years that I know of not just from Feb 10 .......but as always we wont know until it all unfolds, hopefully its all just SMOKE....

• Upvote 1

Trew, spend the afternoon reading the LOP articles on LOP talk and make your own decision. Those of us that have been here awhile have seen this and commented thousands of times. It may or may not happen and you and I will not know til it happens. The article is old. I will tell you this--Usually if a country has low inflation they DO NOT lop. Its reserved for high inflation countries. Iraq is very low inflation......Iraq wants to bring their value of their dinar up not down. We will know when it happens, but thats why its an investment-not a sure thing, its not a done deal.. This dinar speculation is not for the faint of heart. Do not spend money purchasing dinar unless you can afford to lose it. It may go way up in value and then again it may not. Happy New Year.....

• Upvote 2

Trew, spend the afternoon reading the LOP articles on LOP talk and make your own decision. Those of us that have been here awhile have seen this and commented thousands of times. It may or may not happen and you and I will not know til it happens. The article is old. I will tell you this--Usually if a country has low inflation they DO NOT lop. Its reserved for high inflation countries. Iraq is very low inflation......Iraq wants to bring their value of their dinar up not down. We will know when it happens, but thats why its an investment-not a sure thing, its not a done deal.. This dinar speculation is not for the faint of heart. Do not spend money purchasing dinar unless you can afford to lose it. It may go way up in value and then again it may not. Happy New Year.....

YEPERS! KIMJACKIE! TRUEsmile.gif

• Upvote 1

Calm down folks...this is not "new news" at all. They have been discussing this for months. This is all you need to know about this situation.

It does not change the VALUE of your Dinar. The changing of the face and the taking off of the zero's just makes sense as far as carrying and spending. It's the exact same reasoning that their dinar is such a high number but in reversed. People were having to carry stacks of paper to buy a soda. They raised the denomination in the bill to make transactions simpler. Now, the Dinar will be going up in value...can't have people walkig around with $25,000 bills. Understand?

Its equivalent to the same effect as when the new $20 bill came into circulation. The old bill didnt lose value, they just work on getting them outta circulation is all. Dont worry!!! It will be ok hahaha.

Stay strong and be ready for the ride. This is when the ride really begins. They are wanting you to sell early. There will be a lot of misinformation and misdirection coming. You have to keep in mind how many people will be exchanging...which will change the rate. It's politics, and in politics you have to stay sharp, aware and ready for anything.

• Upvote 1

Just out of curiosity, if a LOP were to happen what is the lower denominations and coins worth now??

Thats a solid question. I would assume the same as the bills...the value wouldnt change at all. There being no zero's to eleminate, there would be no change. The Lop from my understand has nothing to do with the actual value. So I would assume (I could be wrong) that it would just remain in circulation.

OLD information... that is it has been on that specific web site for some time now... No worries... the future and or the near future is going to see extraordinary things for all of us invested in the Iraq Dinar... Go RV!

Happy Hew Year - ALL....

2011... 2011... 2011... 2011...

Well if the info has been changed, wouldn't XE update it? It's one of the leading Currency sites on the net.. hmmm.. not sure?

Like you say it's one of the many currency sites. If you read it carefully it is not as bad as you are trying to make it sound.. Look at it this way it is an investment a High risk investment.

If the gain is little oh well you made something... if the gain is big then you are rich... if it amounts to nothing than it is a loss on whatever you put into it... i know for me i didn't buy what i couldn't afford so if i were to lose money oh well i took the steps... and if you read the forum you will find many controversial articles from many different sources and like many have said time and time again Noone really knows whats going to happen but it is looking very promising real soon... that you can take to the bank. ;)

OLD information... that is it has been on that specific web site for some time now... No worries... the future and or the near future is going to see extraordinary things for all of us invested in the Iraq Dinar... Go RV!

Happy Hew Year - ALL....

2011... 2011... 2011... 2011...

I believe i seen that last February...

Edited by beaver