Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

URGENT / crashes House of Representatives for two weeks

Papster

December 26th, 2010 08:23 am · Posted in NEWS

Conscious / Baghdad / h P ..

26/12/2010 12:08pm 26/12/2010 12:08 pm

I learned the news agency that the Iraqi media informed the House of Representatives will have approximately two weeks leave starting from next Tuesday, January 28, and is expected to return the Council to meet on the tenth of January 2011,

Come and whether such leave was approved on the state budget for the next year or not, and likely will not be able Almljs of approval during the remaining days.

And come leave compatible between the blocks to make way for Congress to arrange for their stay in the capital for the provincial deputies, as well as arrange other matters for the rest of Representatives of the capital.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c…Yzht4f6GRjV33g

I think they mean tuesday Dec 28 thru the 10th......find it hard to believe they are forming this new GOI and now they are going to take a two week leave........unless they have everything done by then.....like an rv.....i will let them go on holiday...go figure

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the "leave of absence" is true and it does happen, I think it just solidifies my concerns that this whole rv thing is not as pressing an issue to the government of Iraq as we have thought, which is kinda of a bummer. I remain apprehensive about an "immediate RV" and think it could drag out until our 2nd qtr of 2011, so I won't get nervous until then.... the sooner the better of course.

Edited by CaptainJack
  • Upvote 3

If the "leave of absence" is true and it does happen, I htink it just solidifies my thoughts that this whole rv thing is not as pressing an issue to the government of Iraq as we have thought or think it is, which is kinda of a bummer. I still think it is a ways off (our 2nd qtr of 2011), so I won't get nervous until then.... the sooner the better of course.

Diffinitely something to watch

More smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Iraq will lose billions of dollars in contracts and will also have the Paris club debt reinstated if this thing does not happen before midnight on the 31st. Sit tight....it's gonna be a wild ride.

Let faith and intelligence lead the way!!!

• Upvote 5

This is what I said before but got bashed. Its very very disorganized here and the new Government is months away from solidifying any type of real reliable continuity ,Sorry but "God" is going to make you wait quite a bit longer this time around. Maybe by the end of 2011 if were lucky. I actually don't think the "rate" has been decided yet. If it has been its low under .09

Edited by ceaser
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

This is what I said before but got bashed. Its very very disorganized here and the new Government is months away from solidifying any type of real reliable continuity ,Sorry but "God" is going to make you wait quite a bit longer this time around. Maybe by the end of 2011 if were lucky. I actually don't think the "rate" has been decided yet. If it has been its low under .09

Please the country would implode if it had to wait til the end of 2011......as disorganized as they are......they have hit the timelines here given here recently.......like no other times before......pressure is being put on them to get this done and they will...imo....and .09 come on man......insult

• Upvote 1

Please the country would implode if it had to wait til the end of 2011......as disorganized as they are......they have hit the timelines here given here recently.......like no other times before......pressure is being put on them to get this done and they will...imo....and .09 come on man......insult

I have to agree with u on this. .09 is simply a slap on the faces on IMF considering the fact their natural resources in gas and oil are the world's richest. Also their agriculture is world's richest. Considering the development at this point, I believe iraq is the only country in the mid east where massive development rate is ON now, leave aside Saudi, jordan, bahrain, iran or any other country. Iraq is going at a pace double as them now and the politicians are not able to cope up with it due to their ego issues. I simply hope they get through this phase and understand how democracy works in the next few years, but for now I simply feel that they should revalue their currency as they have an uphill task up their sleeves to build Iraq.

Michel

Ceaser, Do you belong to the Iraq parliament, or have a place in their government to have this information? If not, please do not post such garbage. It is an insult to all here who truly do thier homework on research and simply do not spout off at the mouth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Ceaser, Do you belong to the Iraq parliament, or have a place in their government to have this information? If not, please do not post such garbage. It is an insult to all here who truly do thier homework on research and simply do not spout off at the mouth.

And I suppose your info is better as you sit on your couch, drink your beer and eat your pretzels.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

More smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Iraq will lose billions of dollars in contracts and will also have the Paris club debt reinstated if this thing does not happen before midnight on the 31st. Sit tight....it's gonna be a wild ride.

I heard the same thing: Paris Club would forgive Iraq for their $8m debt if they RVs by Dec 31. If they are taking 2 weeks off, then:

- they are ready to pay off this major debt on their own: procrastination is safe or they are really naive / crazy risk takers?

- they have made secret negotiations with Paris Club to wait until the New Year?

- they have decided on RV and will make an announcement today before they take a break?

- they are not taking a break. This is just a rumour?

I am hoping that #3 is the answer!

An interesting read about the Paris Club Debt Relief planning for Iraq. Please note page 5, item 2)....

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/44019.pdf

I have searched far and wide for several days now and can find no official document or letter or news article showing any December 31, 2010 deadline for Iraq to pay off or otherwise settle the Paris Club debt. In the Iraq Paris Club Debt Relief document there is nothing to indicate any reversal of the debt forgiveness if not paid by Dec 31st. Other than hearsay, he said, she said, I heard, someone told me.... I can find nothing to support any such deadline and/or penalty. If anyone has a link to ANYTHING to support this speculation/rumor, please share it!

Google is such a wonderful tool....

Happy New Year!

• Upvote 1

I'll second that. S only has this week. After that, you think YOUR bill collectors suck? Try having UN calling daily.

An interesting read about the Paris Club Debt Relief planning for Iraq. Please note page 5, item 2)....

I have searched far and wide for several days now and can find no official document or letter or news article showing any December 31, 2010 deadline for Iraq to pay off or otherwise settle the Paris Club debt. In the Iraq Paris Club Debt Relief document there is nothing to indicate any reversal of the debt forgiveness if not paid by Dec 31st. Other than hearsay, he said, she said, I heard, someone told me.... I can find nothing to support any such deadline and/or penalty. If anyone has a link to ANYTHING to support this speculation/rumor, please share it!

Happy New Year!

Well, I read the paper you linked to. Good stuff. I think I have an answer. I believe on page 3 it says that multiple nations including Russia will forgive much of the debt if they re-open the oil fields. Are those contracts set for Jan1?

ok tell me why because ive been trying to figure out what could stop the RV or why it hasnt happend thanks for your post just elaberate on why dont think i spelled that worng

Well, I read the paper you linked to. Good stuff. I think I have an answer. I believe on page 3 it says that multiple nations including Russia will forgive much of the debt if they re-open the oil fields. Are those contracts set for Jan1?

Haven't searched for articles re Russia/Iraq, but will try to find time in the next few days. I've not seen any articles with any December 31 deadlines/penalties for non payment of debt. I'm open to any and all links to anything that can support that though....

Happy New Year!

"it has to RV cause the oil deadline RV this monday no wait friday no now monday deadline nov 15th 17th 21st" every time i here that their is a dead line i look for info on it and 98% of the time its hearsay