Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kurdish lawmaker calls for Maliki to postpone the announcement of his government to Saturday

Grrr....now the Kurds are playing the spoilers, lets hope the Maliki says NO to this request, I'm sure we will hear what his postion is on this sometime today

Kurdish lawmaker calls for Maliki to postpone the announcement of his government to Saturday

19/12/2010 08:27

Baghdad, 19 December (Rn) - The member of the coalition of Kurdish blocs, Sunday, Prime Minister-designate Nuri al-Maliki to postpone the announcement of his Government to Saturday, indicating that the postponement will give him the ability to finish to fill vacant ministerial portfolios.

, "Said Mahmoud Othman, Kurdish news agency (Rn), said that the" best of the owners of presenting the cabinet to the House of Representatives Saturday instead of this week to the existence of a constitutional deadline enough to him, "pointing out that" the postponement will give him a chance to fill the bags vacancies in his cabinet. "

Othman explained that "Aalaitlav Kurdistan will present the list of candidates for ministerial positions and sovereign over the next two days to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki," he said, adding that "the disclosure of a list of ministers of mass is not possible now."

A spokesman for the renewal of the list fall under the Iraqi List, Shaker has revealed the Book (Rn), that list will hand over al-Maliki today officially the names of candidates for ministerial positions and sovereign after the agreement on the nomination of Vice-Hashemi, Talabani and Vice-Mutlaq of the owners.

The Iraqi Council of Representatives decided yesterday to vote on raising the ablation of three leaders in Allawi's list, including President of the National Dialogue Front, Saleh al-Mutlaq, who deprived him of the accountability and justice to participate in previous elections because of the comprehensive nature of de-Baathification procedures in accordance with article VII of the Iraqi Constitution.

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/4/203539

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do these guys ever stick with a date? First it is the 10th, then next Tuesday, no Wednesday, no Thursday, ok Saturday now, oh we missed that lets shoot for Monday, hold on a second lets wait till Saturday again. I can see why people get fustrated with this rollercoaster. I am shocked the people of Iraq aren't rioting in the streets. This has to be situation normal (AFU) for there to be no violence attached to it.

Edited by Yogi-Donnie
  • Upvote 2

maybe this one was a smoke? :unsure:

Yes it is just smoke.

The economic sanctions have been lifted and the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is not dependent on the government reformation.

Their currency only became worthless because of the economic sanctions in the first place, not because of anything else.

Since the economic sanction has been removed, the IQD can go up any time from now and it can be very sudden without warning.

• Upvote 3

Grrr....now the Kurds are playing the spoilers, lets hope the Maliki says NO to this request, I'm sure we will hear what his postion is on this sometime today

19/12/2010 08:27

Baghdad, 19 December (Rn) - The member of the coalition of Kurdish blocs, Sunday, Prime Minister-designate Nuri al-Maliki to postpone the announcement of his Government to Saturday, indicating that the postponement will give him the ability to finish to fill vacant ministerial portfolios.

, "Said Mahmoud Othman, Kurdish news agency (Rn), said that the" best of the owners of presenting the cabinet to the House of Representatives Saturday instead of this week to the existence of a constitutional deadline enough to him, "pointing out that" the postponement will give him a chance to fill the bags vacancies in his cabinet. "

Othman explained that "Aalaitlav Kurdistan will present the list of candidates for ministerial positions and sovereign over the next two days to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki," he said, adding that "the disclosure of a list of ministers of mass is not possible now."

A spokesman for the renewal of the list fall under the Iraqi List, Shaker has revealed the Book (Rn), that list will hand over al-Maliki today officially the names of candidates for ministerial positions and sovereign after the agreement on the nomination of Vice-Hashemi, Talabani and Vice-Mutlaq of the owners.

The Iraqi Council of Representatives decided yesterday to vote on raising the ablation of three leaders in Allawi's list, including President of the National Dialogue Front, Saleh al-Mutlaq, who deprived him of the accountability and justice to participate in previous elections because of the comprehensive nature of de-Baathification procedures in accordance with article VII of the Iraqi Constitution.

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/4/203539

Maliki to present 70pct of the ministry for vote tomorrow; Remaining to be presented at a later date

Maliki would present the names of his new ministers to parliament in two

BAGHDAD (Babuz): The prime minister-designate Nuri al-Maliki, 70 percent of the cabinet reshuffle to the House of Representatives for a vote tomorrow, Monday, four days before the expiration of the constitutional period to form a government after reaching a consensus on the distribution of ministerial portfolios between the political blocs of the Chairperson, according to the leader of the Alliance National Hasan al.

Sunaid said in a statement to the newspaper “morning”: that the agreement on the distribution of bags containing that gets National Alliance (159 seats), the Ministries: “Oil and planning, transportation and higher education, justice, water resources, municipalities, employment, youth and sport, human rights and of Tourism and Antiquities, in addition to the Ministries of State for national reconciliation and the Foreign Affairs and the House of Representatives and marshes. “

And got the Iraqi (91 seats) on according to Sinead on Ministries: “financial, education, electricity, industry, agriculture, communications, culture and the provinces, in addition to the Ministry of State,” The Kurdish Alliance won (more than 50 seats) on: “Foreign trade and health, immigration and immigrants, and the Ministries of State for Civil Society Affairs and women “while his center coalition (10 seats) and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Christians on the Ministry of Environment.

He said Sinead, a member of the Political Committee of the thumbnail, which holds the matter of nominations to the side Rafie al-Issawi representative of Iraq, Nuri Shaways representatives from the Kurdistan Alliance, “The security ministries (Defense, Interior and National Security) will be delayed the announcement to the second stage, and will carry her luggage Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, while compatibility on them. “

He said that he could make changes to these ministries in the last minute and as announced on Monday, as will Maliki to provide 70 percent of his ministers on Monday 20 th of this month, will be the second group after day, in addition to that he was “so last night did not specify the names of Deputy Prime Ministers, “saying the agreement provided that the owners of the three deputies of the National Alliance and the Iraqi List and the Kurdistan Alliance.

http://bit.ly/gOmfUs

looks like maliki is ready! or conflicting articles

• Upvote 1

Do these guys ever stick with a date? First it is the 10th, then next Tuesday, no Wednesday, no Thursday, ok Saturday now, oh we missed that lets shoot for Monday, hold on a second lets wait till Saturday again. I can see why people get fustrated with this rollercoaster. I am shocked the people of Iraq aren't rioting in the streets. This has to be situation normal (AFU) for there to be no violence attached to it.

It is my understanding (and I cannot give the supporting document at this moment, but will look for it) that between Maliki's bloc and Allawi's bloc there is a majority of votes to do this without the Kurdish participants... B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

maybe this one was a smoke? :unsure:

Yes it is just smoke.

The economic sanctions have been lifted and the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is not dependent on the government reformation.

Their currency only became worthless because of the economic sanctions in the first place, not because of anything else.

Since the economic sanction has been removed, the IQD can go up any time from now and it can be very sudden without warning.

Articles we see about the GOI are not smoke, we may see smoke when it comes to news about the RV/RI/RD or whatever it is that the CBI plans to do, but what the Kurds asked for is not smoke, they simply wanted more time to present their nominees for malikis cabinet, now from todays articles that I have read so far, it seems that he is still planning to move forward tomorrow with of without them and present 70% of the ministerial positions.

iqdheadlines, that is a nice feel good post for your first post, but be sure you know all the facts before you post a comment such as that. you are in fact correct that the sanctions lead to the devaluation of the iqd and it is logical that the iqd will be rv'd, ri'd, rd'd with the sanctions removed, but not wtihout a functional, stable gov't in place first. We are close IMO, but couple things still to be done yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Articles we see about the GOI are not smoke, we may see smoke when it comes to news about the RV/RI/RD or whatever it is that the CBI plans to do, but what the Kurds asked for is not smoke, they simply wanted more time to present their nominees for malikis cabinet, now from todays articles that I have read so far, it seems that he is still planning to move forward tomorrow with of without them and present 70% of the ministerial positions.

iqdheadlines, that is a nice feel good post for your first post, but be sure you know all the facts before you post a comment such as that. you are in fact correct that the sanctions lead to the devaluation of the iqd and it is logical that the iqd will be rv'd, ri'd, rd'd with the sanctions removed, but not wtihout a functional, stable gov't in place first. We are close IMO, but couple things still to be done yet.

So according to you, if kurds ask for a month's extension, We gonna see the RV after the entire GOI including the kurdistan region is settled??

Makes no sense to wait till last week of January now, do u Foresee that?

Michel

• Upvote 1

So according to you, if kurds ask for a month's extension, We gonna see the RV after the entire GOI including the kurdistan region is settled??

Makes no sense to wait till last week of January now, do u Foresee that?

Michel

I am not saying that at all, they are not asking for a months extension, they were asking til the end of the week, but I also said that it looks like maliki will proceed without them. He can still announce gov't Monday, and the rest of the positions later in the week. Do i foresee it going into January, no, I personally don't think it will. I think this will all be worked out by the end of the week, and we could possibly see the RV within the next few days, but I would not be surprised on bit if it did go into early next year.

Well, I'm new to all of this but after that comment I went looking and this is the most recent article I found...not sure if that's what they are referring to or not??

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-12-18/world/iraq.politics_1_al-maliki-iraqiya-members-government-formation?_s=PM:WORLD

Hope I attached that right mellow.gif

Thanks for that

If this is the one being referred to, it is from Saturday, and this article I posted is from today, one thing we have learned is that the political climate in Iraq can change daily. I think the Kurdish issue will come to pass w/o much fanfare, but you never know, until all these events are finalized and officially announced, anything could happen.