Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How is RV tied to Chapter 7 removal?

Upgradable

Admittedly, I'm a newbie. And I've been reading like a hound. And I've been continuing to see comments that the RV HAS to happen for Chapter 7 to be removed. Or that RV is a requirement in the UN removal agreement.

However, I have not seen a verifiable link between the two. Can one of you experts clarify this for me?

Many (and respectful) thanks.

• Upvote 5

Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter sets out the UN Security Council's powers to maintain peace. It allows the Council to "determine the existence of any threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression" and to take military and nonmilitary action to "restore international peace and security".

Chapter VII also gives the Military Staff Committee responsibility for strategic coordination of forces placed at the disposal of the UN Security Council. It is made up of the chiefs of staff of the five permanent members of the Council.

The UN Charter's prohibition of member states of the UN attacking other UN member states is central to the purpose for which the UN was founded in the wake of the destruction of World War II: to prevent war. This overriding concern is also reflected in the Nuremberg Trials' concept of a crime against peace "starting or waging a war against the territorial integrity, political independence or sovereignty of a state, or in violation of international treaties or agreements..." (crime against peace), which was held to be the crime that makes all war crimes possible.

Hope this helps you understand all ya gotta do is GOOGLE or Bing what ever you wanna do... Good Question I was where you where once and no I haven't seen anything tying Ch VII to RV so I guess we will see

Well, as many of the gurus have stated that Iraq can't get out of Chapter VII until they rv.....we will most likely find out different this Wed. the 15th! It would appear that Iraq is constantly demanding to get out of the sanctions......this leads me to believe they can't rv until after Chapter VII (opposite info from gurus) is removed!

Hopefully this Wed. we will finally know the answer to your question.

It is really looking like part of Chapter VII will be lifted this week & hopefully a complete GOI/announcement......then maybe an rv within 7 days? I am still VERY hopeful this happens before Christmas!!

Dan

• Upvote 2

This is a my opinion thing again. I don't see that it's a HAVE to. However if they were to RV it would make sense to do it before they can trade freely with the world. In theory it would put you in a better bargaining position than to have not. Doesn't mean they have to, just means they should.

Well this is only my two cents but I am thinking that : If the Iraq Government needs something like Ummmm...... Lets say Cranes for building bridges or dozers for road building... You sure wouldnt think they would be able to buy much with the Dinar at its current value ....Im never too sure about this analogy but its just my 2 cents. To me if they RV the currency After Chapt VII They will have put the value back in their money. We all know what its backed up by. Under Chapt VII Their assets were frozen and money devalued to get the country back under control...New GOI in place chapt VII lifted and then they can .....GO RV>>>

I could be wrong as a matter of fact may very well be wrong but as I have understood it there were 2 reasons 1) They could not be a participating member in the WTO until CH 7 was lifted and the WTO wanted them to be competitiive2) IMF demanded that they have a value within reason for their resources they have available in their country in other words you cant have a gazillion barrels of oil and say your money is worthless it just throws the entire world monetary system out of balance but Im not a financial wizard and Im not even sure I believe that

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your help, but the question was for someone to prove they must RV before chapter 7 gets removed......

Yea well that you will never find.....cause its not mandated.....its not a must....logically it would seem the opposite....that CH7 needs to be lifted FIRST seeing as how it was CH7 that put all the restrictions on the currency in the first place.....so how could they raise the value, and the dinar be internationally recognized/accepted and traded globally without the sanctions being lifted first?? It would be like a false value if they RV'd before sanctions lifted because who would honor a rise in value if its not accepted?? It would be silly.....and pointless.....I think its just alot of false hype to be honest......CH7 lifted + Govt seated and functioning = RV.....pretty simple......

• Upvote 1

you know, after reading this and many other articles I can't help to draw my own conclusion in saying this isn't gonna happen until Ch7 is lifted... So no matter what the rumors say that is what we are looking for...

(While this doesn't PROVE it as there is nothing that will prove it ... the next best thing that we can do is approach it logically ... see if this helps)

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you my friend. The UNSC has seen arrogance, manuevering, theft/misappropriation, and unmatched stubborness out of the Iraqis. I think that when they refused them Chapt 7 in August (September?) when they DEMANDED it twice in one meeting and they sat them down and explained the facts of life to them that it was a start. When they denied them $$$ this last time and eliminated 6 months from the DFI protection so that they could turn around and dangle it in front of them as a carrot ... I believe that they've finally got a winning combination ... carrot and stick.

Let's look at what happens if they give it to them first ... the Iraqis NEVER do what they were supposed to do.

Let's look at what happens if they withhold releasing them from Chapt 7 too long ... they damage what they've spent all of this time building/propping up beyond repair.

Solution: quid pro quo ... the Goldilocks position ... it's not too early ... it's not too late ... it's just right! (Do what you were told to do and you are automatically released). Do you actually know how long it takes to call a UN press conference? People ... there are reporters assigned to the UN ... that's all they do is wait to facilitate announcements. In 5 minutes they can announce it ... it's why I've always been suspicious of articles touting Biden's placement and timing ... I just don't read too much into it (unless this is a global month long orchestration)!

Regardless ... Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 1