Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Member of NC demands Maliki of resigning from Dawa Party

k98nights

Member of NC demands Maliki of resigning from Dawa Party

Wednesday, December 1st 2010 12:29 PM

Baghdad, Dec.1 (AKnews) - A member of the National Coalition (NC), demanded on Wednesday, the assigned Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to resign from heading the Dawa Party, saying that the prime minister must be independent.

Sabah al-Saadi, said in a news conference, that al-Maliki demands for security ministers to be independent; therefore, he also must be independent, because the commander in chief of the armed forces has greater powers than the security minister.

Al-Saadi, expressed that Maliki can be a member of the NC, but cannot be head of a political party.

He explained that the resignation from his party is to prevent future talks about his party using the powers of the executive branch.

Reported by Fulaih al-Jawari

Rn/Ak/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/199038/

• Upvote 2

Well, not that it matters to me.. but it does make since for the country to be a stand alone Gov. to no have the fox living in the hen house...and giving perks to all his buds!!! Good find K98!!!GO RV!!!~~~

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me. In what other country is the President or Prime Minister required to resign from their political party? The US President, who is the Commander In Chief, is not required to resign from the Democratic or Republican party so he can be considered "independent." Besides, a leopard doesn't change his spots. ;) Asking Maliki to resign from his party won't change his ideology or remove any loyalties he has. Sounds just like political posturing and stirring the pot to me.

Will Maliki give up control of the Dawa party? I don't see it happening myself. He doesn't strike me as someone willing to give up power of anykind ,to anyone, at anytime. It goes back to the whole pride issue with their culture . I think he will block that from happening.

Uncle Barkie

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me. In what other country is the President or Prime Minister required to resign from their political party? The US President, who is the Commander In Chief, is not required to resign from the Democratic or Republican party so he can be considered "independent." Besides, a leopard doesn't change his spots. ;) Asking Maliki to resign from his party won't change his ideology or remove any loyalties he has. Sounds just like political posturing and stirring the pot to me.

I think the problem the Dawa party is trying to avoid is they don't want anyone to be able to claim favoritism in the political blocs. Plus it could be viewed as a conflict of interest to be the head of a political bloc and the C&C of your country, when negotiations are ongoing for law and political policy votes in parliament . Besides , they aren't asking him to leave his party, just to give up the reins while he is P.M..

Uncle barkie