Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions Re: Budget & Chapter VII

Marilyn53

Thank all of you that reply to my questions....I am still learning and growing here and I do post research that I find so I am in no way just someone that comes on and replies to replies.

The posts about the budget are looking good (so far and if doesn't change from one day to the next as usually happens with Irag...lol): My two questions are:

1. Do they have to come out of Chapter VII before they annouce an RV? Just asking because I know that right now Iraq and Kuwait have not settled their differences on that yet.

Thanks to all that will be generous enough to answer. Now for another question and this really doesn't mean much but:

2. Late, after all the controversy on here last night (lol) and boy was there....I went to Ebay just to see what was happening insofar as the auctions of any dinar. What is your OPINION about all the dinar still being sold on Ebay (quite a lot of it and by currency dealers and/or not)....why would they still be selling when we seem so close? I know that most can't really answer this without an IMO, but just thought I would throw it out for clarification.

Again, I appreciate anyones opinions and answers on the subject and Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless Us, Iraq and the US!

• Upvote 2

Hi Marilyn,

1) I may be wrong but I think that a new internationally competitive and viably stable rate must be instated (RV!!!) before Chapter 7 sanctions will be officially lifted so that the dinar becomes an internationally traded currency. To RV after lifting sanctions would be putting the cart before the horse.

2) I'd stay away from buying dinar on ebay, unless you know a seller that you really, really, I mean REALLY trust. Local banks are the best. Traders with good reputations are a close second.

• Upvote 2

I would be VERY careful buying Dinar on Ebay - or really anywhere that doesn't have a SOLID reputation in trading currency. It's worth paying a little more money to know you have Authenticated dinar and not some of the Black Market currency that is worthless!

People are still selling dinar because they can access more at this point in the time to replenish their stock. Same deal as going through dinartrade or dinarbanker - if you place a large order, they just take a portion of your order and adjust their "supply" accordingly...

The reverse in supply is true though - when supply gets shut off from their end - look for price increases. I think an RV would be the most likely trigger of that, but also "outstanding" un purchased dinar drying up and the supply chain breaking down could do that. Again, more likely an RV happens because every day the wait is one more day they are attracting "cheap" speculators out there.

- Fresh B)

Thank you all for your answers. The Chapter VII had me confused so I understand more now. Thank you......and

Oh, no, I get mine from DT.....I won't buy off Ebay, but like to go there to see what is happening with the IQD. Thanks for the advice though...you never know, this info could help someone else.

Again, thanks for taking your time to answer questions for me and in the meantime, I have posted many news artcles regarding Iraq for you guys. Thanks again!

There are parts of the chapter 7 that will be lifted I blv . Scooter called it a Hybrid Chapter 11 . Continual Protection from lawsuits

Some folks, it isn't happening quick enough and E-bay is a good way to sell for the none believers , Not a good place to Buy .

There goes another reference to bankruptcy. Iraq is not being "protected" by chapter 7, they are being punished by having the U.N. impose sanctions on there economy. Those sanctions are numbered-Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc., etc., etc. Iraq had Chapter 7 sanctions imposed on there country. It has nothing to do with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. It is a coincidence that they sound the same but are totally different.

1. chpt vii sanctions resrtict Iraq from having international transactions, so I would think they need to be lifted in order for banks to do any business with them in the form of currency trade. maybe someone can clarify this

Chpt vii is NOT bankruptcy protection, it is sanctions against Iraq...it has nothing to do with any kind of bankruptcy

The DFI is what will protect Iraq from lawsuits after the sanctions are lifted from my understanding

2. people selling on e-bay will continue to sell until the RV is proven to be done. And some of what is being sold on e-bay could be fraudulant, so they will continue to try and make as much money as they can til no one buys anymore.

Edited by RVDinar4MyFamily

Wow! I really got some good information today and I thank everyone who answered to help me understand more about my investment. Thank you all! I just bought more IQD (a little) from JDIT and I am happy now with what I have in stock and I just seem to like the fact that it is "certified" Which in itself may or may not mean anything...I just feel more comfortable with it. I usually use DT, but with the COD and my 92 year old Grandmother giving me the "evil eye" (as she is a nonbeliever...lol), I would rather go the route of putting it on credit card and not stand at the door making out cashiers checks (shes very nosey...LOL)

Thank you all so much for helping me with this today!!!!!! You have all been very gracious and knowledgeable! God Bless cool.gifcool.gif

I have purchased Dinar from Ebay numerous times.......nothing wrong with that! I am however curious to know why people are saying not to, or are leery to buy there?

My man Dan...I wouldn't buy on eBay because for the most part, there is no way of verifying what you're getting...If I were you, I would explore some way of getting what you have authenticated. Maybe there is a bank somewhere near you that has the De La Rue machine that can do this? I'm not trying to scare you, bro, you know I always try to think with a level head and not overreact. I would just protect myself, there's a LOT of scammers out there, and I'd hate to be the one that went to trade in my dinar, thinking i was a millionaire, and then having my dreams shattered....sad.gif

There goes another reference to bankruptcy. Iraq is not being "protected" by chapter 7, they are being punished by having the U.N. impose sanctions on there economy. Those sanctions are numbered-Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc., etc., etc. Iraq had Chapter 7 sanctions imposed on there country. It has nothing to do with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. It is a coincidence that they sound the same but are totally different.

Beat me to it. Thank you for the rationality!!!

My man Dan...I wouldn't buy on eBay because for the most part, there is no way of verifying what you're getting...If I were you, I would explore some way of getting what you have authenticated. Maybe there is a bank somewhere near you that has the De La Rue machine that can do this? I'm not trying to scare you, bro, you know I always try to think with a level head and not overreact. I would just protect myself, there's a LOT of scammers out there, and I'd hate to be the one that went to trade in my dinar, thinking i was a millionaire, and then having my dreams shattered....sad.gif

I hear ya.....& take it to heart. I do realize that there are many scammers in this world, but I am pretty confident in whom I had purchased from on Ebay. I hope it's all legit Dinars, I have purchased all I can afford & also have options in the currency. I have been unemployed for awhile now, so what & where I purchased from can't be an issue anymore. Going to the bank & finding out the bills are fake, would indeed be horrible & life shattering....hopefully at the least the options are on the up & up. I just want this long ride to be over with! Thanks for replying Soldier. :)

Dan

Thank all of you that reply to my questions....I am still learning and growing here and I do post research that I find so I am in no way just someone that comes on and replies to replies.

The posts about the budget are looking good (so far and if doesn't change from one day to the next as usually happens with Irag...lol): My two questions are:

1. Do they have to come out of Chapter VII before they annouce an RV? Just asking because I know that right now Iraq and Kuwait have not settled their differences on that yet.

Thanks to all that will be generous enough to answer. Now for another question and this really doesn't mean much but:

2. Late, after all the controversy on here last night (lol) and boy was there....I went to Ebay just to see what was happening insofar as the auctions of any dinar. What is your OPINION about all the dinar still being sold on Ebay (quite a lot of it and by currency dealers and/or not)....why would they still be selling when we seem so close? I know that most can't really answer this without an IMO, but just thought I would throw it out for clarification.

Again, I appreciate anyones opinions and answers on the subject and Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless Us, Iraq and the US!

The exchange rate for the dinar has improved almost 40% over the last few years...so basically it has already been increasing while they are in chapter 7 so it can continue to even if they are in chapter 7. People use chapter 7 as a hook for why it is getting ready to RV....but it actually has nothing to do with their monetary policy.

Beat me to it. Thank you for the rationality!!!

No problem my friend. For the longest time I thought Chapter 7 referred to Bankruptcy myself. A very nice person explained it to me in a way where I did not feel like a fool. I look back at that scenario any time I am answering something for anyone, especially a newbie, because I remember still feeling really stupid for not realizing that, being a CPA. After all, Bankruptcy is protection from creditors for "U.S. Citizens". When that hit me, I felt pretty dumb. Thankfully, I was treated pretty nice. I can't stand it when a Newbie is treated badly. We were all newbies at one time. Some people forget that. God bless you my friend.