Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Amer. Contractor ~ LATEST REPORT

TAE

Amer ic an Contractor

November 16, 2010[/b][/size]

In Iraq Its All About The Points

Today is the start of the first day of the celebration of Id al-Adha holiday in Iraq.

I previously mentioned, in my last post that PM Maliki has yet to receive the needed official letter from the President elect Jalal Talabani to start forming the government. From the time when PM Maliki receives the official letter is when the 30 days actually starts that a government is formed and no time before.

It’s possible that they might be waiting till after the Id al-Adha holiday is over to send that letter. In the meantime, everyone is celebrating the forming of the government (which is only partly true of the forming) however, they still have ministries and cabinet positions to fill. I should warn you all not to get prematurely excited because I am being told that PM Maliki has to fist resign his position and then be re-elected by the Iraqi Parliament again as the new Prime Minister. It is the talk of the town right here in Baghdad and people are speculating on what could happen. The question being brought up right now is “What if PM Maliki resigns his position and then the Iraqi Parliament refuses to vote for him or he resigns and the Parliament chooses or votes for someone completely different”. Could be a possible back door job. It will be interesting to see what the end result will be. When it comes to Iraq, anything could happen and nothing surprises me.

In the meantime, different political blocs are discussing the mechanism for allocating the ministerial portfolios. They are talking about a point system. For every two parliamentary seats that you’d won in the March election you get one point. The sovereign posts such as the Prime Minister, President, Parliament Speaker post and Chairman for the National Council for Strategic Policies will all get 15 points. The leader of the Al-Iraqiyah List Iyad Allawi would have already used 30 points of his total because he has the Parliament Speaker and the Council for strategic Policies position. Keep an eye out to to see new ministries created and old ones discontinued.

As things change here within the Iraqi government I hear of more and more rumors that are running rampant in the world wide web. I will try to debunk most of them here and now:

For one, there is absolutely NO military unit that is over here in Iraq with a mission for the Iraqi dinar. That is completely FALSE. I find it kind of silly that some would think that a unit would be configured for that one kind of assignment. If anyone comes forward and claims to be a part of this mission or even pretends to have knowledge of it know that they are being misleading. In fact, most of the units will be withdrawing from now until the end of next year. Most of the unit rotations who still remain here are your standard and business as usual types.

Another rumor making the rounds (this rumor has been recycled every year for the last three years) is in regards to the Ration Card. Just this year alone I have mentioned the ration card several times. The Ration Card is NOT going to be valued at less than what it was last month or even last year. It is still the same and I did previously mention to you that the Iraqi government is not offering the same food items as they had in the past. The only notable thing that the Iraqi government has done in regards to the Ration Cards is that all Iraq Army officers from the rank of Major and above have had all their cards canceled solely because their income is above the threshold. That is ALL that has changed in regards to the card.

If you have been following the don't promote other sites blog or are a subscriber to the mailing list you would have already known that I had mentioned the Iraqi government was preparing a list.

The Ration Card; if you make more then 2,100 usd a month you no longer get the staples, the benefits of the Ration Card.

************** /2010/01/24_jan_american_contractor_int.html

The Iraqi government wants a list of all Iraqi's that make more than 1.5 million dinar that hold a Ration Card.

************/2009/06/chapter_seven_update_1.html

Americ a n Contractor

Edited by k98nights
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 13

Apparently those other guys are lying.

Only time will tell.

I though Talabani Sent Maliki a congratulatory letter today??? And I thought that med and others confirmed that the ration cards would have only 250 on them for other reasons than what AC is claiming. God I'm confused!! This AC guy is always such a bummer :(

Edited by HSR362
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm not going to address any of these posts or information as positive or negative as

I truly believe only time will tell so I am in agreeance with you to just use the 'watch & see approach'.

Only time will tell.

Edited by SMathews
  • Upvote 6

Must be mistaken I never saw any of this from last year in fact this topic was not even discussed last year.

If he knew who would have been voted in last year then that mean's the guy also has ESP.

Is this the same guy, AC, that was posting exact info. he posted last year?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Ok I guess I am totally CONFUSED....This country is on the doorstep of being the Richest Country. A Country that has lived in a Dictatorship and NOW are freed from that is going to __IN YOUR words--What if PM Maliki resigns his position and then the Iraqi Parliament refuses to vote for him or he resigns and the Parliament chooses or votes for someone completely different”. Could be a possible back door job. It will be interesting to see what the end result will be and Start all OVER..........AM I MISSING something??????? I think I want off your mailing list it is to Exhausting.... :blink: :blink:

• Downvote 6

Must be mistaken I never saw any of this from last year in fact this topic was not even discussed last year.

If he knew who would have been voted in last year then that mean's the guy also has ESP.

Ithink he was referring to the smart card not who was elected.

Ithink he was referring to the smart card not who was elected.

I am being told that PM Maliki has to fist resign his position and then be re-elected by the Iraqi Parliament again as the new Prime Minister.

Read more:

No, he said Maliki has to resign.

I did not write that this particular posting was from last year. I meant that someone made a post the other day stating that AC has been posting exact postings from last year- recently. Just wanted to clarify what I meant.

Those of you who know me from here... know that i am very quite and post positive responses..

i have a ..QUESTION..... WHY WOULD YOU "AC ".. WITHHOLD THIS INFORMATION ABOUT "M" HAVING TO RESIGN AND THEN GET VOTED back in ??? i thought we were all in this together.

Why hold onto such an important piece of information?.... am i a little mad .. "yes' ....are you a neg person.?... or is it you just enjoy watching or hearing about people... get all upset ....

i just don't understand how someone could wait until now instead of the beginning to share all this.....

i guess we all just have to sit back and research things even further.. because when information like this comes out.. it makes everyone else look like pumpers... even myself which i am not. So IF AC is correct .. which by the way i don't know.. still waiting for confirmation..... so for the rest of the week.. i am taking a break.

and IF because im stating my opinion i get kick off of AC mailing list fine... im a big girl i can take it... to my dinar family... hold on to your faith.. because i HAVE NOT GIVEN UP !!.. becareful B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Only time will tell.

Let me see your a newbie on this site ,and your already thinking other people are lying' about whats going on in Iraq..Let me say nobody has been right 100% on this investment. don't promote other sites stated over a week ago that nothing was gonna happen with the government of iraq untill next year. WRONG My 2 cents on don't promote other sites is people quit listening to Lop talk and are using people like don't promote other sites and Dr. J to throw investors off. Just some honest advice i wouldn't be coming on here calling other peoples posts (lying) unless you got something to back it up.

• Downvote 6

The question being brought up right now is “What if PM Maliki resigns his position and then the Iraqi Parliament refuses to vote for him or he resigns and the Parliament chooses or votes for someone completely different”. Could be a possible back door job. It will be interesting to see what the end result will be. When it comes to Iraq, anything could happen and nothing surprises me.

This doesn't seem logical to me for several reasons.

Maliki was the interim PM, ie., the head of the caretaker government that was in existence for approximately the last 8 months. When the new Speaker of the House and President were elected and the President (Talabani) asked Maliki to form a new government, the old government was effectively over. At that point Maliki 'loses' his old power. There is nothing to resign from as the old government is being transitioned to the new government. Maliki has no choice in the matter.

There seems to be conflicting reports on whether Talabani officially asked Maliki last Thursday or sent the official letter for that or is waiting to the 21st to do so. Either way, when Maliki (new PM nominee) is tasked with forming a new government at that point Maliki (old PM) 'loses' his power. He has nothing to resign from because at that point the old government he formed is gone.

Under the constitution of Iraq, if the person nominated as the new PM (in this case Maliki) is unable to form a government then someone else will be nominated to form government and given the chance to form it. The PM position doesn't go back to the person who was the PM before unless he is the person tasked with forming the government.

In our country if a Senator wants to become President he has to resign his position. That is not true in Parliamentary systems like Iraq and the UK.

In those systems, the PM is a member of Parliament who has been elected by his peers to that position. Even if the old PM is voted out as long as he was still elected as a Parliament member by the voters then he still retains his member of Parliament position. He doesn't lose his seat. He doesn't have to resign the PM position because he basically gets voted out of it. Resigning is a choice. PM's get voted out.

• Downvote 1

Hey guys and gals. A.C. is allowed to post whatever he wants as long as the moderators allow it. We also have the right not to read it. So do yourself a favor to avoid conflict and don't read his rubbish. He was wrong again about Maliki not being asked by Talabani to officially form the GoI.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6