Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Government crisis was resolved before the table of Arbil and the rest to convince the Iraqi

Qman

Government crisis was resolved before the table of Arbil and the rest to convince the Iraqi

On: Wednesday, 27/10/2010 9:59

Baghdad / Political Editor

Are expected to witness the city of Arbil on Wednesday, an important political meeting between the leaders of political blocs, at a time in which the political sources informed that the National Alliance, has received approvals for the semi-official candidate Nouri al-Maliki for the premiership.

The day before the scheduled meeting, met with Massoud Barzani, Kurdistan's president, on Tuesday afternoon in the resort of Salahuddin in Arbil, a delegation from a coalition of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi.

It seems that the government crisis has been resolved prior to the round table today in Erbil, but the latter will work to achieve political consensus on the current map, which culminated in an agreement between the Kurdistan and the national levels.

The Kurdistan Alliance bloc, during the meeting, the need to find appropriate solutions to remove Iraq from the current crisis, expressing his willingness to provide any support to ensure convergence of views of the political lists in order to form a government of national partnership and real participation of all major components of Iraq without a marginalization.

Learned (range) of sources in the Kurdish coalition that the latest agreement with the National Alliance has been achieved, and that meetings are conducted with the Iraqi List, the goal to persuade them to participate.

The head of the Kurdistan Region for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan on Tuesday he was "relieved" to the Iraqi position on participation in government, what marks a significant change in its position.

It has become the Kurdistan region in recent times, a center for meetings and negotiations conducted by the leaders of political blocs, with the leaders of the Kurdistan region to discuss the formation of the Iraqi government expected.

On the other hand, political sources confirmed that the National Alliance, won approval by the majority of the political blocs to support the Alliance candidate for the post of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki during a parliament session expected to be held soon, indicating that the meetings of the political blocs in Erbil in the coming days will not consider the issue of nomination for the post of prime minister.

In another context, the President of the Interim Parliament Fuad Masum (Chairman of age) his commitment to the decision of the Federal Court to cancel the open meeting, pointing out that he would convene parliament within the next few days.

Massoum said in a press statement that he would hold consultations with the blocks quickly to determine the date of the meeting and invite members to Parliament.

He added: "I would imagine that the court's decision was correct and is binding in all circumstances, because circumstances and the difficult political deadlock on forming a government that has delayed hearings and imposed open meeting and of the legal duty to invite him to resume the meetings of Parliament within the period set by the court.

He explained that the meeting would be considered complementary to the first meeting held last July and should be a major election in which the Parliament of the Republic and the cost and the last candidate of the majority to form a government.

He predicted that the infallible result in the court's decision to accelerate the pace of the ongoing negotiations between the political blocs to form a government because they are under time pressure this time.

http://almadapaper.net/news.php?action=view&id=29195

• Upvote 1

I am soooo confused...

Is this good news? or not?

My head is spinning soo fast..

I'm up.. I'm down..

Like catagory Rumors, Chat.. ect..

need catagory "Good News"

I am not sure either, I just pass on what I get sent to me.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like forward movement, which has to be good. Court told them the current session of Parliament is illegal, so they have to close it to reconvene a new session, at which time they plan to seat the gov't. Then they have to deal with some parliamentary issues to change the laws that the Kurds demanded, and if that moves forward correctly, then they can move forward to RV.

• Upvote 2

I guess the Kurds will back anyone as long as they are as far away from the Sunnis as they can get. I suppose they believe that Allawi is too closely allied with the Sunnis because he is a secularist and not a Shiite Theocrat. It kind of makes you wonder how they can make a man PM who is now being charged with war crimes. I suppose it's too much to ask of a people who have lived under a non-democratic iron-fist government for the past 50 years to know a truly free and uncorrupted government.

• Upvote 2

Well Mr. Marty.....That was very astute and well thought out post....Thank you for your imput and as for the content of your post I could not agree more with your statement. ......It would seem you have studied their politics well and you brought up their history which was a spot on observation. Again thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

• Upvote 1

Basically means the Kurds are going to back Maliki. Let's hope it's announced cause l won't believe it until it is. Thanks Q for the post. I hope it's done. Go RV. God Bless Semper Fi

I'm with you on that one, Bobbydee. I won't believe it will be Maliki until it is formally and officially announced and some sort of ceremony held.. I just can't believe the Kurds would back him. Must have been some very strong negotiations if it ends up being true.

I guess the Kurds will back anyone as long as they are as far away from the Sunnis as they can get. I suppose they believe that Allawi is too closely allied with the Sunnis because he is a secularist and not a Shiite Theocrat. It kind of makes you wonder how they can make a man PM who is now being charged with war crimes. I suppose it's too much to ask of a people who have lived under a non-democratic iron-fist government for the past 50 years to know a truly free and uncorrupted government.

I agree with you Marty that I don't see how in the world they can make Maliki PM with all the war crimes. Iraq has a chance how to come out as a very strong country and IMO they could do it without giving in to Maliki.

I don,t believe it is done yet. The kurds are to smart to show all thier cards before the real judge(parliment) has its right to vote and be final. After today(wednesday) and after the round table meetings, then I will believe . GO GOI and then GO RV!!!