Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Story on NPR about Iraq, elections, and Iran's involvement

Sparky

I was driving home yesterday afternoon, and heard this piece on National Public Radio; give it a listen. It's four-and-a-half minutes long, and talks about how Maliki is now in Iran, and how Iran is trying to influence the outcome of the elections. The host interviews a reporter from the London Telegraph, who lives and works in Baghdad.

At the end of the interview, the reporter says that there's no reason to think they will settle the outcome of the election before the end of the year.

This is probably the best overview of the whole situation I've heard. No hype, no rumor, just solid information. Very refreshing to hear a no-BS account of what's happening.

Here's the link: http://www.theworld.org/2010/10/18/iran%E2%80%99s-influence-in-iraq/

• Upvote 4

there we have it, an unbias account of what is going on. Put those dinars away, and pray this thing goes down like we all hope. Unfortunately it shows how Obama administration is doing everything they can do to do nothing that matters to the people of the United States. He cant even secure our investment/involvement in Iraq, that was far more than just money. Our economy is circling the drain, and he is serving his own agenda. To let Iran meddle with Iraq, after the tremendous sacrifice given by the American People is disgraceful and disgusting.

• Upvote 2

there we have it, an unbias account of what is going on. Put those dinars away, and pray this thing goes down like we all hope. Unfortunately it shows how Obama administration is doing everything they can do to do nothing that matters to the people of the United States. He cant even secure our investment/involvement in Iraq, that was far more than just money. Our economy is circling the drain, and he is serving his own agenda. To let Iran meddle with Iraq, after the tremendous sacrifice given by the American People is disgraceful and disgusting.

Wow... It sure puts all this rumor and news into perspective. It sure sounds like nothing is going to happen with the revaluation of the Dinar in the next three months.

• Upvote 1

This strictly a western journalist's opinion of what is going on with the Iraqi political process. There is no mention of Allawi's current efforts in getting the govt formed. It now appears that Allawi's block is making progress with each day. If any of the Sunnis or Kurds heard this broadcast, I would think they would join Allawi's team asap so they have more govt participation. This broadcast leans to the idea that the Shiite majority will follow Iran's lead. I am sure this would not sit well with the non-Shiite sects. Even after listening to this, I still believe that the 3 month prediction by Maliki in forming the govt is overblown, especially since Allawi's block is now making headway in the forming of the govt.. I don't understand why people take media information as gospel and make comments like "time to put your dinars away til next year". This process has far more factors that play a role than what they just discussed.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure Maliki's days are numbered though... Mahdi has a really good shot right now.

I agree. Why would Maliki be touring now. To promote a book. No, to promote himself as PM. A job he screwed up for four years and now wants another chance. His intentions are not good and neighboring countries see that.

Wait and see......

Edited by jcav