Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

soldier charged w/ smuggling cash from iraq

dinarokie

Soldier charged with smuggling cash from Iraq

Tuesday, 12 January 2010 2:36 PM ET

A grand jury in Tennessee has indicted an Army officer on federal charges of smuggling more than $100,000 out of Iraq.

Source: The Associated Press

I wonder if this was $100 usd ???

Where is the link ? I found it for ya !

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34827236

• Upvote 1

If they got him, how many more will fall with if. :unsure:

But it would be nice to have link. Will ask wife if it was on the news

We live in Tn.

GO RV B)

i just found it on cnbc web site..... they listed link above, and of course, it got pointed out that it was old news and it happened in January ...... lol ...... I wonder how often this happens, i know of soldiers sending thru the mail and of course bringing it home with them ...... and if it was just $100k iqd, whats the big deal ??

If it was his own hard earned cash, Why the fuss?

Probably bribes. And no currency though the mail from Iraq.

When I left, I was not allowed to send coins, US and Dubai, back to the US thought the mail.

When I was there I. Saw officers paying out contracts to Iraqi businessmen for work done on the base. That money would then be used to pay their employees. I have seen over a million USD leave the base in one payment. Who's to say this officer didn't get tempted by that kind of money and skim a little off for himself. I was just working the front gate at the time but I sure looked at that money wishing I had some. Greed is powerful but he deserves his imprisonment. Officers should be the example for troops to follow, instead of showing what NOT to do.

This has happend more times than is actually reported, IMHO. Remember the guy who bought the new BMW AND the multi-million dollar house in Washington State. Yeah, same deal. Or the guy who did this or the gal who did that.... etc., etc., etc. While I would really like to think that this is an isolated incident, it's not. But that does not mean that the men and women who put it all on the line are all blood thirsty, murdering, thieves who will do anything for a dollar. We have good people over there doing awesome things with very little and will most likely recieve no thanks or mention of their efforts/work. I say let the UCMJ run it's course and let military law handle it. This is a very unfortunate event, indeed...

• Upvote 2

This has happend more times than is actually reported, IMHO. Remember the guy who bought the new BMW AND the multi-million dollar house in Washington State. Yeah, same deal. Or the guy who did this or the gal who did that.... etc., etc., etc. While I would really like to think that this is an isolated incident, it's not. But that does not mean that the men and women who put it all on the line are all blood thirsty, murdering, thieves who will do anything for a dollar. We have good people over there doing awesome things with very little and will most likely recieve no thanks or mention of their efforts/work. I say let the UCMJ run it's course and let military law handle it. This is a very unfortunate event, indeed...

I agree 100%