Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oct 15th.

Qman

Phoenix,

What is your take on the another site suggesting that it is illegal to have the Dinar outside of Iraq:http://www.another site/2007/07/the_iraqi_currency_rv_is_it_fo.html

Not to jump in front of Phoeix, but the US Gov. would not allow citizens to exchange at the military bases in Iraq if this were true.

Would we be able to exchange our "000" bills for the lower denoms, and hold them?

I read through Phoenix's thread/posts in the Rumor forum, and according to him(at least what I understood), we need to cash in for the value we are hoping for "before" the deadline. Just my understanding, and that could be wrong. Read through that whole thread and form your own undrerstanding.

Very interesting thread

How do i feel about this date? It's probably just another lie like the rest of the dates kicked around the entire first part of the year. But hey go for it :D

-6 negs? What for? For simply saying to stop just randomly posting stupid dates out there and that the RV will happen when it happens? Are you people mad that i stated a fact? A plain and simple fact that EVERYONE that has ever predicted an RV and that date has already past was completely wrong? Lol i feel like i'm the only person here with the common sense to chill out and not relying on someones BS rv date.

i KNOW this is going to RV but i do not get my hopes up on these dumb little dates anymore. i KNOW we are close, why can't you people just leave it at that and stick to the facts that we already know about? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Starting to think all of this is a pipedream that will never come true. After seeing dates pass us right on up!!!

Sorry to hear you feel that way............I have been waiting for 5 years already and still relaxed........It will happen.....

Why do people torture themselves with specific dates? with intel and facts spotty at best, you set yourself up for a fall.....................NOBODY KNOWS WHENblink.gif

You are certainly right about that but we can agree that tomorrow we'll be one day closer to it.

Phoenix,

What is your take on the another site suggesting that it is illegal to have the Dinar outside of Iraq:http://www.another site/2007/07/the_iraqi_currency_rv_is_it_fo.html

Then why US Banks sell them or used to sell them?

-then we will only have a few "months" to play with in order to exchange your dinar

Thanks,

Mel

Why couldn't you just trade in your large denom Dinars for Dollars and then buy the NEW low denom Dinars from your local bank, which, according to Phoenix, WILL be trading in Dinars by then. The rate shouldn't change drastically in the few minutes it would take to do this. So, IF....IF this really happens, you should have the option of holding Iraqi Dinars for as long as you wish.

Edited by tjimpala

If i understand your question, or your thought. you could exchange lrg bills for smaller denom. but.. 1 mil. in say 20's thats alot of bills lol..

if i understood what you where asking..

It was a rhetorical question to Mel. She was concerned that she wouldn't be able to wait for the value to slowly rise after a revaluation because of the rumores 90 day window. I was just letting her know that she should be able to exchange within the 90 days to comply with the bank policy, then she can turn around and repurchase Dinar from the same bank and hold it longer term.

The tax consequences would be a non-issue because the tax she would pay on the repurchase would be based on its selling price and the taxes on the original sale would have already been applied.

It was a rhetorical question to Mel. She was concerned that she wouldn't be able to wait for the value to slowly rise after a revaluation because of the rumores 90 day window. I was just letting her know that she should be able to exchange within the 90 days to comply with the bank policy, then she can turn around and repurchase Dinar from the same bank and hold it longer term.

The tax consequences would be a non-issue because the tax she would pay on the repurchase would be based on its selling price and the taxes on the original sale would have already been applied.

I'm sorry guys, this was just what I understood when taking part in this whole thread-http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34697-phoenix-update-october-3rd-2010/page__pid__214184__st__160entry214184

Read the whole thing from start to finish and see if you can understand why I say what I say. Phoenix is probably one of the most all knowing on this site, so I trust what he says. If he says that you can exchange your 25k dinar bills in for smaller denominations, and have them still be worth the same thing, then I'll believe it. That is just not what I understood. Anyway, I will cash in right when it happens anyway. I just don't want to be caught in the dark and be screwed!

Thanks,

Mel

Edited by Melanie

Reuters) - Iraq's Oil Ministry has decided to postpone an auction for three gas fields to Oct. 20 after eight companies asked for more time to study contract terms, an Iraqi oil official said on Sunday.

The auction was scheduled to be held on Oct. 1 http://in.reuters.co...-51595820100919

I have a source in Iraq that deals with the banks , and HSBC as of oct 1st said they are now trading the dinar. there is a high possibility that the RV will accure on or soon after 0ct 20th. Due to the release of the oils contracts

Read more:

That's interesting that you say that because there were some "rumors" going around stating that there are countless "contracts" out there that won't take place unless the RV happens. Secondly, I have to see where the nearest HSBC branch is because they too are a possibility that I may cash my dinar with them....