Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's Parliament convenes

RhondaG

* Parliament’s call for the convening of the first phase of the constitutionality of the nomination of al-Maliki

October 2nd, 2010 09:14 pm · Posted in NEWS

(Voice of Iraq) – 02/10/2010

(Voice of Iraq) – BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: the legal expert Tareq Harb, Saturday, the first phase of the constitutionality of the stages of forming a government after being named the National Alliance candidate, Nuri al-Maliki as prime minister, is to invite Parliament to convene for the election of the whole presidential, referring to the quorum for the holding of meeting requires the presence of 163 deputies.The war told (Voices of Iraq) said that the President of the Parliament of older invitation of Representatives to convene a meeting and opened nominations for the post of parliament speaker and his deputies as a “first stage of constitutional phases of the formation of political power, the new pre-election of President and the Prime Minister,” noting that the request by the Coalition National, which includes more than 140 deputies are available when the “votes needed.”The National Alliance, which holds 159 seats of the parliament seats in the 325, it was announced yesterday afternoon (Friday) on the choice of Nouri al-Maliki’s candidate for prime minister, ending a long controversy which lasted about five months on the composition, seven months after the legislative elections on the seventh of last March, on mechanisms to choose a prime minister, in light of the conflict between the poles, which includes a coalition of law (89 seats) and the Iraqi National (70).

Harb added that the parliament session, which requires the presence of 163 deputies to achieve a quorum will be limited to “open the door to run for the Presidency, composed of the President and his deputies,” pointing out that the voting process will be “secret and direct” in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the House of Representatives.And Abizaid war to win any of the positions of the three “requires the candidate to obtain the approval of 163 deputies,” noting that the voting process will be “easy, easy”, to acquire National Alliance number required under the support of the “coalition of Kurdish blocs and the Iraqi Accordance with five seats and the representatives of the components holding eight seats. ”

He ruled out a war that affects the decision to boycott certain entities to a quorum of the meeting, under the “possession of the Iraqi coalition 91 seats and the Virtue Party has four seats and the Supreme Council 12 seats of the total number of 325 deputies,” he continued that the position of Presidency of the parliament will be the share “of any entity of the coalition Iraq does not require the approval of the full membership of the coalition in the presence of the desire of the participation of some of its entities. ”

According to the war, the process of election of the Presidency will be followed by the “Declaration of the end of the open meeting, which announced in June 14, 2010, and the start of the second meeting for the exercise of its legislative and oversight in full.”For p (x) b P h

• Upvote 6

Good find and post, ending the first parliamentary session is something we've been waiting for, lots of smoke n mirrors articles out there but I do believe this isn't one of them!! :D

V

Yes sir chief...first thing I thought of when I read it.

* Parliament’s call for the convening of the first phase of the constitutionality of the nomination of al-Maliki

October 2nd, 2010 09:14 pm · Posted in NEWS

(Voice of Iraq) – 02/10/2010

(Voice of Iraq) – BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: the legal expert Tareq Harb, Saturday, the first phase of the constitutionality of the stages of forming a government after being named the National Alliance candidate, Nuri al-Maliki as prime minister, is to invite Parliament to convene for the election of the whole presidential, referring to the quorum for the holding of meeting requires the presence of 163 deputies.The war told (Voices of Iraq) said that the President of the Parliament of older invitation of Representatives to convene a meeting and opened nominations for the post of parliament speaker and his deputies as a “first stage of constitutional phases of the formation of political power, the new pre-election of President and the Prime Minister,” noting that the request by the Coalition National, which includes more than 140 deputies are available when the “votes needed.”The National Alliance, which holds 159 seats of the parliament seats in the 325, it was announced yesterday afternoon (Friday) on the choice of Nouri al-Maliki’s candidate for prime minister, ending a long controversy which lasted about five months on the composition, seven months after the legislative elections on the seventh of last March, on mechanisms to choose a prime minister, in light of the conflict between the poles, which includes a coalition of law (89 seats) and the Iraqi National (70).

Harb added that the parliament session, which requires the presence of 163 deputies to achieve a quorum will be limited to “open the door to run for the Presidency, composed of the President and his deputies,” pointing out that the voting process will be “secret and direct” in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the House of Representatives.And Abizaid war to win any of the positions of the three “requires the candidate to obtain the approval of 163 deputies,” noting that the voting process will be “easy, easy”, to acquire National Alliance number required under the support of the “coalition of Kurdish blocs and the Iraqi Accordance with five seats and the representatives of the components holding eight seats. ”

He ruled out a war that affects the decision to boycott certain entities to a quorum of the meeting, under the “possession of the Iraqi coalition 91 seats and the Virtue Party has four seats and the Supreme Council 12 seats of the total number of 325 deputies,” he continued that the position of Presidency of the parliament will be the share “of any entity of the coalition Iraq does not require the approval of the full membership of the coalition in the presence of the desire of the participation of some of its entities. ”

According to the war, the process of election of the Presidency will be followed by the “Declaration of the end of the open meeting, which announced in June 14, 2010, and the start of the second meeting for the exercise of its legislative and oversight in full.”For p (x) b P h

Based on this article, the parliament has NOTconvened yet. The expert only mentioned how it should go only......

Have a question though:

Doesn't parliament have to verify and ratify that NA can have the necessary numbers to form the new Govt ?

Only then can Maliki be nominated as PM for parliament to formally recognising him as such.

Thought this is how democracy suppose to work .............

Looks like a long wait again if the Kurds don't support M..................

• Upvote 1

Based on this article, the parliament has NOTconvened yet. The expert only mentioned how it should go only......

Have a question though:

Doesn't parliament have to verify and ratify that NA can have the necessary numbers to form the new Govt ?

Only then can Maliki be nominated as PM for parliament to formally recognising him as such.

I'll have to agree with you, but I do believe the Kurds will support Maliki...

I'll have to agree with you, but I do believe the Kurds will support Maliki...

http://www.washingto...0100301305.html

Have a question though:

Yes, I agree with all you wrote. I also think Maliki will hold things up more because he is a lying snake in the grass. He could care less about the US & other soldiers dying for democracy. But he could care less about his fellow Iraqi citizens.

Guest Ratatap

Well I see this as a great start. I hope that he can pull of the proper votes but I premise that with the fat that I do not believe Mailki the best suitor for Iraq.

Go RV!!!!!!!

Well I see this as a great start. I hope that he can pull of the proper votes but I premise that with the fat that I do not believe Mailki the best suitor for Iraq.

Go RV!!!!!!!

Now we need Talabani to conveine Parliment, then They vote new President, then we see if Maliki has the 216 votes. If he doesn't then he has 30 days to form, if he ca't do it then Allawi has 15 days! Remember what Allawi said, just a little while back several times, that it will be in November when it would happen. So if Maliki has the 216 he wins, if he doesn't because Allawi has planned for this and believes when they conveine, that certin groups are gonna change there vote and, not give Maliki the 65% he needs. I think allawi was gratefull to his friend Mahdi, for trying to force Maliki, to settle leadership in the party so that they had to conveine, and maybe he has done some back door deals like our congress and senate do. So at this point we want to see Talibani call Parliment to session, and it might be a quick seat, or it might be a October Suprise. So hunt those sites for Talabani calling a meeting!!!!!! I hope for my family's sake that he has the votes, and this is done, but on the other hand I really would like to see Allawi out of the two become Prime Minister for the Iraqi People. I have lost confidence in Maliki as I have lost confidence in our President. Let's hope God interveins, and straightens out this mess, so that our christians, and all others that would help there fellow man realize this gift of a RV//RI so that we can hopefully become a stronger nation and world.