Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Document .. 20 “idled” planes, and transportation “reprimands” airlines and indicates “great corruption”

yota691

2022-08-18 05:54

Shafaq News / The Office of the Minister of Transport revealed today, Thursday, that there are more than (20) aircraft with the General Company for Iraqi Airways "non-operating" and not subject to maintenance and maintenance, returning this case as a "significant corruption indicator" that prevents maximizing the company's financial revenues.

This came according to a document issued by the Office of the Minister of Transport obtained by Shafak News Agency, in which he addressed the General Company for Iraqi Airways, saying that "the number of non-operating aircraft exceeds (20), and this is a frightening number and indicates the inability of the company's management to follow the technical department correctly. And the inability of the technical department to carry out its main tasks, which is to maintain aircraft.

The document appended to the signature of the director of the Minister's office, Hussein Mohsen, added that this matter "will negatively affect the company's work and performance, and the exploitation of these planes for the purpose of raising the financial level that the planes are supposed to achieve for the company, as well as scheduling the movement of planes and servicing the lines on which the company operates."

The director of the minister's office blamed the company's management and the technical department as "the consequences of not paying attention to the maintenance of these aircraft and not following the correct methods for obtaining spare tools."

And the document added that this case “indicates the existence of great corruption in this regard, and the two Airbus (A220) planes have not yet resolved their case, as well as the (B737-700) whose body has been on the airport grounds (3 months) after receiving it from the company (Fly). (Baghdad), and this leads to the extinction of the plane and is explained by the indifference and lack of seriousness in returning this plane to service despite the minister's continuous directives to do so.

The document called for "taking what is necessary and informing the ministry of this," warning that "otherwise, measures will be taken that would preserve public money, and return these aircraft to their normal condition for the purpose of benefiting from them for commercial air transport and maximizing the company's resources."

• Thanks 3

The amount of corruption at every level in Iraq is mind boggling. The I've got mine to heck with you I'm okay & that's what counts, is crippling any type of forward momentum for any type of prosperous future.

Pro-Iranian politicians stranglehold is ensuring a Zero growth for Iraq. Like Afghanistan, Iraq has all the earmarks of a total failure.

What a Botched job. All that sacrifice & blood. It's not too late for this lunacy to be turned around, how it's done remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

After completing the placement of his office staff

Document: Withdrawing the hand of the Director General of Iraqi Airways

2022.09.04 - 14:30
Document: Withdrawing the hand of the Director General of Iraqi Airways

Baghdad - people   

The Iraqi Ministry of Transport issued a ministerial order to withdraw the hand of the Director General of the Iraqi Airways Company, Abbas Omran Musa, for a period not exceeding 60 days.  

And a document issued by the ministry, a copy of which was received by "Nass", (September 4, 2022), stated that "the decision came to ensure the progress of the investigation."  

me_ga.php?id=40951  

The Ministry of Transport issued administrative orders ending the placement of the director and employees of the office of the General Company for Iraqi Airways.  

The ministry’s decision came, according to documents issued by it, a copy of which was received by “NAS” (September 1, 2022), based on a review submitted by the work team formed to follow up on the suspension of 22 planes from the company’s fleet.    

me_ga.php?id=40849me_ga.php?id=40850me_ga.php?id=40851  

Earlier, the Ministry of Transport addressed the Iraqi Airways Company about planes that had been parked due to a technical defect without being repaired.  

And a document issued by the ministry, a copy of which was received by “NAS” (August 18, 2022), stated that “there are 20 planes that are parked due to a technical defect without being repaired, and this indicates that there is great corruption.”      

me_ga.php?id=40378  

• 2 weeks later...
Pictures from inside the repair workshops.. The Minister of Transport oversees the maintenance of Iraqi aircraft

Baghdad - people   

The Ministry of Transport announced, on Tuesday, the continuation of work on maintenance of Iraqi aircraft, while revealing that 5 aircraft have been returned to service.  

And the Ministry of Transport stated in a statement that “Nass” received a copy of it (September 13, 2022), that “the Minister of Transport, Nasser Hussein Bandar Al-Shibli, conducted a field tour today to the headquarters of the General Company for Iraqi Airways, accompanied by the company’s general manager, Karim Kazem Hussein, to supervise in the field the maintenance and maintenance work.” The planes of the national carrier that were parked and carried out at the aircraft maintenance center (Al-Hunkar)."   

According to the statement, "During his meeting with the company's advanced cadre, engineers and technicians, the minister commended their efforts to return (5) planes to service," stressing at the same time "the importance of continuing work around the clock to ensure that all other parked planes are returned to work, and he also supervised the work of restoring Rehabilitation of the Iraqi Airways plane returned to the company after the end of the lease contract in favor of Fly Baghdad, which has reached advanced stages of completion and it is hoped that it will soon return to service.   

The minister also directed "the company's staff of pilots and air crews, directing them to intensify efforts to serve the honorable travelers in general and the expatriates to participate in the commemoration of the fortieth anniversary of Imam Hussein, peace be upon him, in particular."   

me_ga.php?id=41274me_ga.php?id=41276me_ga.php?id=41273me_ga.php?id=41275