Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi is new Prime Minister?

KCT

Read the two articles I just posted about the compromise candidate and confluence candidate. I just heard on FOX that they are removing the last of the troops but nothing on the announcement of PM or Allawi. It's a rumor flying around everywhere, but I have been searching and unable to find anything on it as well.

V

Hi Folks,

That was the first time I took another persons words and should have verified the statement before making a comment in general chat --- I was speaking with several people on a call and I heard the statement about CNBC and a second person verified. Trust me, that will never happen again so please forgive that mistake and I should have known better!!!!

I hope that helps and I hope this didn't inconvenience anyone too much.

Best regards,

Scooter

Read the two articles I just posted about the compromise candidate and confluence candidate. I just heard on FOX that they are removing the last of the troops but nothing on the announcement of PM or Allawi. It's a rumor flying around everywhere, but I have been searching and unable to find anything on it as well.

V

• Upvote 2

Hi Folks,

That was the first time I took another persons words and should have verified the statement before making a comment in general chat --- I was speaking with several people on a call and I heard the statement about CNBC and a second person verified. Trust me, that will never happen again so please forgive that mistake and I should have known better!!!!

Best regards,

Scooter

Scooter, I was just trying to help as well! I did fing a link dated today that stated "outgoing prime minister Maliki" will meet with Allawi tomorrow...

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2010/08/maliki-and-allawi-will-hold-meeting.html

Hi Folks,

Best regards,

Scooter

NP Scooter, we have all got caught up in a moment hoping that the info we are hearing is the beginning to the end of this crazy ride!!

Here is another

2010-08-18 12:36:24 PM

The world - Baghdad - Umaimah Younis

A source close to negotiations to form a government on Wednesday, the Sadrist movement presented to the Iraqi List, the nomination of its leader, Muhammad Allawi to be prime minister, at the time ruled out the Congress from both sides that the dispute over the candidate to "break" like that which occurred with the leader of a coalition of law Nuri al-Maliki .

After he was arrested by the National Coalition and the Iraqi List Hawwarathma with Maliki's bloc, began intensive contacts between the leader Iyad Allawi's secular bloc and all of the Supreme Council and the Sadrists, who spent several hours last night at the home of former prime minister.

Warn observers warn that hit the atmosphere "optimistic" about the possibility of the emergence of understanding a coherent Iraqi national node to choose a candidate for prime minister, under what is said about the existence of "Vito chest" on each of Iyad Allawi, SCIRI candidate, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, and rejecting nominate a person whom the Sadrists for this post.

But sources close to the negotiations to form a government and leaders on both sides say the dispute is "not up to rupture."

An informed source on condition of anonymity that the meeting was at the home of Allawi was very important, it was a real dialogue in which he talked about a deal the Sadrists presented to the nomination of Mohammed Allawi, Iraq's senior leadership by the prime minister.

During the past few weeks was trading name of Mohammed Allawi, a nephew of the Iraqi leader ordered the Islamists, between "compromise candidates" who can form an important scenario to resolve the crisis the government after 6 months of political vacuum.

And whether the Sadrists able to meet Iran's willingness to grant custody of the office for the Iraqi list, the source said Sadr's movement has faced pressure Iran, which wants the survival of Maliki and outstanding options in front of him is to support the Iraqi candidate or candidate from the Supreme Council.

Mohammed Allawi did not comment on the news that related to his candidacy, admitting at the same time he sees "some reservations" by the Sadrists on the nomination of Iyad Allawi.

But Mohammed Allawi, said that the degree of understanding with the Sadrist movement is very high because the nature of the relationship with the Sadrists, are much closer than before in spite of some reservations, but not to the point break we faced with Maliki.

Muhammad al-Allawi, in the end can not form a government without access to the compromise, but in the absence of these reservations have formed the government since the period of which is undeniable.

He adds dialogues became more serious and they can gain access to solutions that may require the giving of certain powers or the designated centers.

For his part, said Qusay al-Suhail, leader of the Sadrist movement, that the position of the current and clear about the issue of prime ministerial candidate, adding that Sadr was committed to the opinion of the National Coalition, which is a matter of choosing a candidate as prime minister the issue of compatibility.

He said the opinion of the Sadrists would be "the opinion of four political parties in the arena (Iraq and the rule of law and the national and the Kurdistan Alliance).

And whether there was a reservation by the leader of Sadr's movement towards the Iraqi List, said Suhail said Allawi expressed flexibility on this side and said more than once that he was willing to cede the nomination if touched on the issue of reservation nominated by political parties.

Stresses Suhail continue with the Iraqi mass was due to the flexibility shown by other than the matter with the state law that insisted on adherence to Maliki and say that the new political parties claim to agree on each person to be with the consent of Allawi and Maliki himself.

Suhail refused to comment on the reports that talk about a deal, "Mohamed Allawi," saying only that if Iraq went to put Mohammed Allawi Ksdrien we will not oppose it.

Suhail said that the Sadr Movement has decided not to submit a candidate for prime minister because he "considers himself a centrist movement, of its responsibilities should not be a candidate for this position before."

The leader of the Iraqi List, Iyad Allawi has said during a news conference held after a meeting with Sadr "This meeting is important and positive for us," he said, adding that "there are visions real is virtually identical between the two sides" and said the list will hold similar meetings with List of Ammar al-Hakim.

And the leader of the Iraqi List, that "the next few days will witness intensive meetings between Iraq and the Sadrists to gain access to important and basic formulations for the purpose of forming the next government."

On the suspension of the negotiations between the Iraqi and the rule of law, he stressed the former Prime Minister that "Iraq will not shirk from any agreement, which is apparent in its ideas and positions," pointing out that the Iraqi "do not know from where came the rule of law in this opinion," referring to the statement Mr. Maliki described the Iraqi as a "Sunni list."

http://www.iraq-ina.com/showthis.php?type=&tnid=51982

This is a great post......basically they are saying that Allawi is making large compromises to get the agreement of the other parties. He is saying that they all have very similar views"visions","there are visions real is virtually identical between the two sides"

and he is stressing that that is what is important is their wishes for Iraqs future. I see this as huge progress in Allawi taking the PM seat! like you said may have already happened.....but soon we shall see it ourselves!!!! :D