Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Today's Gold News

Mary B

Today's Gold News

Yesterday's Gold News

President Trump, did you really say that? Kitco CommentaryOct 6 2020 8:03PM
Gold stocks are cheap, but not for long Kitco CommentaryOct 6 2020 3:14PM
Gold, silver, & main street inflation Kitco CommentaryOct 6 2020 1:08PM
Gold price sees support from weaker U.S. dollar, ETF inflows: Commerzbank Kitco NewsOct 6 2020 11:11AM
Gold, silver and platinum short, equities long Kitco CommentaryOct 6 2020 10:35AM

Global central banks sell gold for the first time in a year and a half

Global central banks sell gold for the first time in a year and a half

07 October 2020 04:10 PM

Mubasher : Global central banks turned to net sellers of gold last August for the first time in about a year and a half.

According to the monthly report issued by the World Gold Council, today, Tuesday, global central banks sold almost 12.3 tons of gold last August, more than they bought, bringing their total holdings of the yellow metal to about 35,000 tons.

1024.jpg

(Central banks sell gold during August)

Uzbekistan led the downward trend, reducing its gold reserves by 32 tons, bringing its holdings of the metal to just under 300 tons (54 percent of total reserves). 

Whereas, the Kyrgyz Republic was the largest buyer, increasing its gold holdings by 5 tons, followed by India by 4 tons.

Turkey is still the country that has bought the most gold around the world since the beginning of this year, about 194 tons, bringing the mineral reserves to 607 tons, although the central bank bought 3.9 tons only in August.

Gold prices rose to a record high of $ 2,072.50 in early August, and then fell now to about $ 1900.

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3704334/البنوك-المركزية-العالمية-تبيع-الذهب-لأول-مرة-في-عام-ونصف/

The global decline in "gold" prices

Editing date: 10/7/2020 16:20  58 times read
[Follow_Wine]
Gold fell in Asian trading today, Wednesday, after US President Donald Trump surprised everyone by canceling the stimulus talks, which provided a strong boost to the dollar and affected the price of the precious metal.
At 11:44 PM ET (3:44 AM GMT), gold futures fell by a massive 1.17% to trade at $ 1,886.45 an ounce, and to remain close to their one-week low recorded overnight. On the contrary, the dollar advanced during the Asian session, benefiting from the suspension of stimulus negotiations, which means pumping huge sums of dollars into the local economy and increasing the money supply, which negatively affects the price of the US currency.
In a tweet Tuesday night, President Trump announced the end of talks on the stimulus package with Democrats, dashed hopes that the package would be approved by Congress before the presidential elections scheduled for November 3, and instructed his representatives to halt negotiations until after the election. This frustrated hopes of providing a boost to the economy in which individuals and companies, including airlines, are suffering from the impact of the ongoing Corona epidemic.
Trump accused Pelosi of "not negotiating in good faith" and said that the package she proposed "is in no way related to the Corona epidemic."
On the fight against the epidemic, new restrictions were imposed after six US states announced records for the number of daily infections. Globally, the number of injuries has reached 35.6 million, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
On the data front, the US Trade Balance figures showed a deficit of $ 67.10 billion in August, the largest deficit in 14 years. Analysts had expected data to show a deficit of $ 66.10 billion expected, up from July's figure of 63.40 billion. The data also showed that imports rose to $ 239 billion, which makes the trade balance a potential obstacle to US economic growth during the third quarter.
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell sounded the alarm just an hour before President Trump's tweet, in his speech to the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) conference. Powell warned that the US economy could slide into a downward spiral if the Corona epidemic is not effectively controlled, and called for more government aid and stimulus money. Also among the other important figures speaking at the conference was European Central Bank chief economist Philippe Lane.
On top of today's Fed events, markets will be looking forward to the release of the minutes of the last meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) at the bank, scheduled as usual at 2:00 PM ET (6:00 PM GMT). As for the ECB meeting minutes, it will be released tomorrow, Thursday, at 7:30 AM ET (11:30 AM GMT).
Also from the gold news, the holdings of the giant investment fund SPDR Gold Trust decreased by 0.32%, to 1,271.52 tons on Tuesday, while the data showed that India's gold imports in September fell by 59% compared to the same month of the previous year, falling to The lowest level in 4 months

World Gold Council: Central banks sold more gold in August than they bought

2020-10-07
157726736209658200.jpg?resize=696%2C403&

Yes Iraq - Baghdad

The World Gold Council said on Wednesday that central banks in August sold more gold than they bought, ending a year and a half of monthly increases in gold purchases, which contributed to halting the rapid rise in the price of the yellow metal.

Gold rose from just above $ 1,500 at the start of 2019 to a record high of $ 2,072.50 in early August and then down to around $ 1,900.

Investors in Europe and North America pushed prices up and raised gold in hopes that it would retain its value during the Corona crisis.

But demand from major consumers such as jewelers and central banks has been weak, sparking concerns about a continuing rally.

The Gold Council said that central banks, which collectively hold 35,000 tons of gold worth about $ 2 trillion, sold 12.3 tons more than they bought in August.

Central banks bought 656 tons of gold in 2018, the highest number in half a century. Last year, purchases amounted to 650 tons.

Gold prices rise globally with the falling dollar

Gold prices rise globally with the falling dollar

08 October 2020 11:38 AM

Direct : Gold prices rose globally during today's session, with the dollar falling and hopes of US stimulus.

US President Donald Trump's call to Congress to provide aid to the aviation sector and a wage subsidy program has renewed hopes for further stimulus.

Gold, seen as a hedge against inflation and currency devaluation, is up 24 percent this year, buoyed by massive stimulus from governments and central banks around the world.

For its part, the US Federal Reserve warned in the minutes of its last meeting that failure to provide fiscal stimulus threatens the pace of the US economic recovery.

Investors will be awaiting the US jobless claims data later in the day.

By 8:29 am GMT, the price of gold futures contracts for December delivery rose 0.2 percent to $ 1894.6 an ounce.

The spot price for the yellow metal increased by 0.2 percent to $ 1891.24 an ounce.

During the same period, the main dollar index, which measures the performance of the currency against 6 major currencies, decreased at a level of 0.08 percent to 93,551.

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3704676/أسعار-الذهب-ترتفع-عالميا-مع-هبوط-الدولار/

Updated .. gold prices rise at the settlement for the first time in 3 sessions

Updated .. gold prices rise at the settlement for the first time in 3 sessions

08 October 2020 09:06 PM

Mubasher : Gold prices rose globally for the first time in 3 consecutive sessions due to the settlement of transactions today, Thursday, with the stability of the dollar and hopes of US stimulus.

US President Donald Trump's call to Congress to provide aid to the aviation sector and a wage subsidy program has renewed hopes for further stimulus.

But Nancy Nilusi, the speaker of the House of Representatives, indicated that the Democrats would not pass a small stimulus package only to airlines.

Gold, seen as a hedge against inflation and currency devaluation, is up 24 percent this year, buoyed by massive stimulus from governments and central banks around the world.

For its part, the US Federal Reserve warned in the minutes of its last meeting that failure to provide fiscal stimulus threatens the pace of the US economic recovery.

In economic data, US jobless claims fell less than expected last wee

Upon settlement, the price of gold futures contracts for December delivery rose 0.2 percent to $ 1894.10 an ounce.

By 5:55 PM GMT, the spot price for the yellow metal increased 0.2 percent to $ 1891.24 an ounce.

During the same period, the main dollar index, which measures the performance of the currency against 6 major currencies, settled at 93.58.

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3704676/محدث-أسعار-الذهب-ترتفع-عند-التسوية-لأول-مرة-بـ3-جلسات/

Gold prices rise 22 dollars with the losses of the American currency

Gold prices rise 22 dollars with the losses of the American currency

09 October 2020 11:16 AM

Mubasher : Gold prices rose globally by more than 22 dollars during trading on Friday, with the decline of the US currency.

Investors were optimistic about the possibility of providing financial aid to the US economy to face the repercussions of the Corona epidemic, with Trump announcing the return of talks between the US administration and Democrats.

Meanwhile, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said legislation supporting airlines can only pass through Congress with guarantees that a comprehensive aid bill will be passed as well.

Gold, widely seen as a hedge against inflation and a depressed currency, has risen about 26 percent this year, buoyed by unprecedented stimulus from governments and major central banks to mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic.

By 8:00 GMT, the price of gold futures contracts for December delivery rose 1.2 percent, or $ 22.40, to reach the level of $ 1917.50 an ounce.

The spot price of the yellow metal increased by 1.1 percent, or the equivalent of $ 20.21, to reach $ 1914.03 an ounce.

During the same period, the main dollar index, which measures the currency’s performance against 6 major currencies, fell 0.3 percent to 93.34.

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3704924/أسعار-الذهب-ترتفع-22-دولارا-مع-خسائر-العملة-الأمريكية/

• Upvote 1

Gold rises 1% on the back of the falling dollar and hopes of a US stimulus

23472.jpg

Economy News _ Baghdad

Gold prices rose 1 percent due to the weak dollar and is heading towards achieving the second consecutive weekly gain, as the attractiveness of the yellow metal increased as a hedge against inflation due to renewed optimism about a new US aid package to mitigate the repercussions of the Corona virus.

Spot gold rose 0.7 percent to $ 1,907.16 an ounce, ahead of the opening of European markets. Gold rose 0.4 percent for the week.

Gold in US futures rose 1 percent to $ 1912.40.

The dollar index fell against its rivals, and is on track for its second consecutive weekly decline.

Talks have resumed between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and US Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin on the coronavirus aid plan.

A major advance for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is also seen as opening the way to major economic stimulus.

And gold, which is considered a hedge in the face of inflation and a depressed currency, has gained about 26 percent since the beginning of this year, supported by unprecedented stimulus globally to mitigate the economic effects of the Coronavirus pandemic.

As for the other precious metals, silver rose 1.5 percent to $ 24.17 an ounce and rose 2 percent for the week.

Platinum gained 1.5% to $ 875.33, and palladium gained 0.5% to $ 2,383.16.

Number of observations 249   Date added 10/10/2020

https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=22171

Gold strengthens its rise to $ 31, posting weekly gains

2020-10-09
1024-1-7.jpg?resize=696%2C435&ssl=1

Yes Iraq - Baghdad

Gold prices extended their gains to more than $ 31 when settling trading on Friday, with the decline of the US currency, to record weekly gains.

Investors were optimistic about the possibility of providing financial aid to the US economy to face the repercussions of the Corona epidemic, with Trump announcing the return of talks between the US administration and Democrats.

A press report revealed that the White House rejected its offer of the proposed stimulus package to $ 1.8 trillion, which could help reach a deal with the Democrats.

Gold, widely seen as a hedge against inflation and a depressed currency, has risen about 26 percent this year, buoyed by unprecedented stimulus from governments and major central banks to mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic.

Upon settlement, the price of gold futures contracts for December delivery rose 1.6 percent, or $ 31.10, to reach the level of $ 1926.20 an ounce, to record weekly gains of about 1 percent.

By 5:45 pm GMT, the spot price of the yellow metal increased by 1.5 percent, or $ 29.21, to $ 1923.03 an ounce.

During the same period, the main dollar index, which measures the currency’s performance against the six major currencies, fell 0.6 percent to 93.07.

https://yesiraq.com/الذهب-يعزز-ارتفاعه-لـ31-دولاراً-مسجلاً-م/

There will be a time in the coming weeks/months that will probably be similar to what we saw in March.  It might even be more violent if what I’m reading comes true.  Every investor will have to decide if he should hold or sell and buy back at a lower price.  

I am 100% out of the Stock Market at this time.  I’ve been out for almost a year except for my Day Trading.  I’m not giving you Financial advice but it is time to be aware of what is going on.  Do your own research and DD.  I own BTC, XRP, and ETH.  I will not be selling these if there is another dip if the Stock Market sells off.  My positions are correct for my situation.  Now is the time to prepare and be ready for any scenario.  I truly believe the next few months will be exciting, and scary as this election comes to a conclusion.  

image.png.db0f5f19d8c65318a82e86703a1a2d67.png

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

According to the US Mint starting on this Tuesday the one ounce uncirculated American Silver Eagle will go from $30 to $68 an ounce. 

Tip of the Iceberg Scotty. Going so much higher imo.

I bought 6 Silver Dollars at an Antique store today for an average price of 24 bucks.  These are 100 year old Uncirculated or very fine Morgan Silver Dollars!!!   I’m beginning to like going with my wife to these type of stores more now.  I think those coins are worth 2-3-4 times what I paid for them. I think they were priced from 3-4 years ago. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Tip of the Iceberg Scotty. Going so much higher imo.

I bought 6 Silver Dollars at an Antique store today for an average price of 24 bucks.  These are 100 year old Uncirculated or very fine Morgan Silver Dollars!!!   I’m beginning to like going with my wife to these type of stores more now.  I think those coins are worth 2-3-4 times what I paid for them. I think they were priced from 3-4 years ago. 

All of my silver is in rounds and bars. But we both know that this is just the very beginning of a HUGE tidal wave. As the Mint raises the price of something as common as a Silver Eagle that will cause an effect on all silver. I'm fully expecting this action to bring in $100 an ounce by the end of the year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm fully expecting this action to bring in $100 an ounce by the end of the year. 

Very possible and depending on what happens it could be a lot more.  I think it depends on the Fed and our banks.  They appear to want to sting this QE garbage along for awhile longer.  It may be as simple as who wins the election as to what happens with this entire mess.  

• Upvote 1