Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

5 Minute UN Speach & Question Taking 8-4-2010

k98nights

The UN is seemingly confident that Iraq will form a Gov't soon.

Lets see what happens, especially if they don't.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME THEY WILL CONTINUE TAKING THEIR SWEET TIME THEY'VE ALREADY SAID THAT NO ONE WILL PUSH OR FORCE THEM TO FORM A GOVERNMENT.. JUST LIKE I THOUGHT NOTHING GOT ACCOMPLISHED IN THIS MEETING :lol::lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

ARE YOU KIDDING ME THEY WILL CONTINUE TAKING THEIR SWEET TIME THEY'VE ALREADY SAID THAT NO ONE WILL PUSH OR FORCE THEM TO FORM A GOVERNMENT.. JUST LIKE I THOUGHT NOTHING GOT ACCOMPLISHED IN THIS MEETING :lol::lol:

mrref, How much more Neg can you get ? I read these every day and I dont think I have EVER seen you say something on the Pos side yet! You have no clue whats gona happen. Take a pill sit back and see what happends

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Thanks for this elightening post. Seems now, from the UNSC's statement, that the timing to form a government and get released from Chptr 7 is squarely in the hands of the Iraqi political parties.....though I sense that patience at the UN and the US is at a stretching point. The next few days should be telling. As Frank of KTFM says over and over, "watch what they (Iraqis) do, not what they say".

Sounds like good advise.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else get the feeling that the PR about today's UN meeting is just put out there to show the world and the Iraqi people that the Iraqis are doing this themselves so it can't be said later that whomever is the leader won't be seen as the UN/US's puppet? That will really help with the stability of the new government.

I get the feeling that there is a public side to all this and that was released today:

UN: "Iraq you need to get it together but we aren't stepping in because you are a sovereign country. We know you can do it."

And a private side where behind the scenes the government IS being formed.

This way the Iraqis can say that they did it themselves, not the UN/US, yet the government does get formed.

On a related note, anyone else notice that a few days before today's UN meeting all the Iraqi rhetoric of 'The UN can't tell us what to do" toned down by a lot?

I just think there's a lot going on behind the scenes now and it's good for us.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone else get the feeling that the PR about today's UN meeting is just put out there to show the world and the Iraqi people that the Iraqis are doing this themselves so it can't be said later that whomever is the leader won't be seen as the UN/US's puppet? That will really help with the stability of the new government.

I get the feeling that there is a public side to all this and that was released today:

UN: "Iraq you need to get it together but we aren't stepping in because you are a sovereign country. We know you can do it."

And a private side where behind the scenes the government IS being formed.

This way the Iraqis can say that they did it themselves, not the UN/US, yet the government does get formed.

On a related note, anyone else notice that a few days before today's UN meeting all the Iraqi rhetoric of 'The UN can't tell us what to do" toned down by a lot?

I just think there's a lot going on behind the scenes now and it's good for us.

Yes exactly. It's throwing the ball back in their court. In a sense they are treating them like children telling them that their behavior is making them still on sanctions until they get their act together and form a gov't.