Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ivanka Trump used personal email for government work

WASHINGTON (AP) — Ivanka Trump, the president's daughter and a top White House adviser, sent hundreds of emails about government business from a personal email account last year, The Washington Post reported Monday.

The emails were sent to White House aides, Cabinet members and Ivanka Trump's assistants, many in violation of public records rules, the paper said. President Donald Trump mercilessly criticized his 2016 Democratic rival, Hillarious Clinton, for using a private email server during her time as secretary of state, labeling her "Crooked Hillarious" and saying she belonged in jail.

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about the email use, but a spokesman for Ivanka Trump's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, didn't dispute the report.

"While transitioning into government... Ms. Trump sometimes used her private account, almost always for logistics and scheduling concerning her family," said the spokesman, Peter Mirijanian.

Mirijanian stressed that no classified information was transmitted in the messages, that no emails were deleted and that the emails have since been "retained" in conformity with records laws.

"When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, Ms. Trump reviewed and verified her email use with White House Counsel and explained the issue to congressional leaders," he said.

The discovery was prompted by public records requests from the liberal watchdog group American Oversight. The group's executive director, Austin Evers, said in a statement that "The president's family is not above the law," and he called on Congress to investigate.

"For more than two years, President Trump and senior leaders in Congress have made it very clear that they view the use of personal email servers for government business to be a serious offense that demands investigation and even prosecution, and we expect the same standard will be applied in this case," he said.

The emails the group uncovered include correspondence between Ivanka Trump and Small Business Administrator Linda McMahon and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

How very Clintonish of her...

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4

The invention of email has proven to be a very bad thing for Crooked Hillarious in that it has proven her to be both incompetent and a liar!

The new e-mail release is a disaster for Hillarious Clinton. At a minimum, how can someone with such bad judgement be our next president?

Hillarious was involved in the e-mail scandal because she is the only one with judgement so bad that such a thing could have happened!

How can Hillarious run the economy when she can't even send emails without putting entire nation at risk?

How  ironic.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

How could these people be so stupid, after all the crap about using personal emails??? It's like a bad "B" movie all over again!!!

B/A

It's so completely ludicrous and reflects how out of touch the Trump family truly is with everyday life....or the fact that they simply don't believe the rules apply to them......aristocracy 101.

I imagine the enablers will be along at any moment to give her a pass.

image.jpeg.695ae65cd00c2a3732c3407431c73296.jpeg  

GO RV, then BV 

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Trump insists Ivanka’s use of personal email wasn’t ‘like Hillarious Clinton’

WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump dismissed concerns about his daughter, Ivanka’s, use of a private email address for government business when he spoke to reporters on Tuesday. Trump argued the situation was far different from the email scandal that enveloped his Democratic opponent, Hillarious Clinton, during the 2016 presidential race.

“Just so you understand, early on for a little period of time, Ivanka did some emails. They weren’t classified like Hillarious Clinton. They weren’t deleted like Hillarious Clinton. … She wasn’t doing anything to hide her emails,” Trump said of Ivanka, who is a top White House adviser.

Both Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, have used personal email addresses, on a domain they shared, for government business. On Monday, the Washington Post reported that Ivanka used the private address “far more frequently than known.” That report was based on information from people familiar with a White House review of her correspondence.

Ivanka’s use of private email for government business drew attention because Trump made Clinton’s personal email address a centerpiece of his presidential campaign. He called it “bigger than Watergate” and pushed for an investigation.

Trump suggested Clinton should be prosecuted and encouraged his supporters as they chanted “Lock her up!” That refrain is still a common feature of Trump’s campaign rallies.

Trump was questioned about Ivanka’s emails and how they compared to Clinton’s as he left the White House on Tuesday to fly to his Mar a Lago club In Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday. He dismissed the story about Ivanka as “all fake news” that was a “whole different” thing from Clinton.

“I looked at it just very briefly today and the presidential records, they’re all in presidential records. There was no hiding, there was no deleting like Hillarious Clinton did. There was no servers in the basement like Hillarious Clinton had,” Trump said.

Clinton used a personal email address on a domain based on a server in her New York home throughout her time as secretary of state. She also deleted about 30,000 of her emails that she deemed personal in nature before turning others over to government officials for preservation.

“What Ivanka did, it’s all — every presidential record, everything is there. There was no deletion. There was no nothing. What it is is a false story,” Trump said.

The domain name used by Ivanka and Kushner was based on a server at Trump’s New York real estate company, the Trump Organization.  White House officials did not have access to the accounts.

“They were preserved,” Trump replied, when asked how the public could know “for sure” that all of Ivanka’s official emails were retained if she was using a private address. “The lawyer told me they were all preserved historically. They’re preserved.”

A spokesperson for Ivanka’s attorney, Abbe Lowell, told the Washington Post that she only used the private email before officially joining the White House in early 2017 because she was unaware of rules for government emails.

“While transitioning into government, after she was given an official account but until the White House provided her the same guidance they had given others who started before she did, Ms. Trump sometimes used her personal account, almost always for logistics and scheduling concerning her family,” the spokesperson said.

Lowell conducted a review of Ivanka’s email and forwarded all the messages he deemed to be business related to officials. Lowell did not respond on the record to a request for comment from Yahoo News about how officials could have verified no relevant emails were deleted.

With Democrats in control of the House following the midterm elections, they are expected to launch a wave of investigations into the Trump administration. Ivanka’s use of private email for official business could generate interest from congressional Democrats.

As he spoke to reporters while leaving the White House on Tuesday, Trump was asked if he would let Ivanka be interviewed by Democrats about her emails.

“Oh, Ivanka can handle herself,” Trump said. “Ivanka can handle herself.”

Shortly after the president left the White House, Ivanka exited the West Wing and followed him towards the helicopter. She ignored shouted questions from reporters about her emails and proceeded onto the flight to Palm Beach.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-insists-ivankas-use-personal-email-wasnt-like-Hillarious-clinton-225837009.html

Image result for look at the shiny

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Very one sided and comical of the MSM......yet so typical....

Different standards for different people/political party's.....

Just look at the numbers/facts/history/positions......of this vs. what HRC did...

No one in their right mind would find a comparison between these 2 situations....except of course the LSM......CL

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/20/2018 at 7:19 AM, bostonangler said:

Mirijanian stressed that no classified information was transmitted in the messages, that no emails were deleted and that the emails have since been "retained" in conformity with records laws.

"When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, Ms. Trump reviewed and verified her email use with White House Counsel and explained the issue to congressional leaders," he said.

@Shabibilicious @bostonangler Yall want equal treatment, ask Hillarious to produce the 30,000+ emails that were requested by subpoena.  Then we'll have something to talk about.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

@Shabibilicious @bostonangler Yall want equal treatment, ask Hillarious to produce the 30,000+ emails that were requested by subpoena.  Then we'll have something to talk about.

This simple statement reveals your belief in Ivanka's wrongdoing, and for that.....I thank you for your truthfulness, Mark.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Very one sided and comical of the MSM......yet so typical....

Different standards for different people/political party's.....

Just look at the numbers/facts/history/positions......of this vs. what HRC did...

No one in their right mind would find a comparison between these 2 situations....except of course the LSM......CL

CL, it sounds like you're suggesting the Ivanka didn't spend on minute listening to her dad during the campaign.  How on earth could she make such a stupid mistake after all of his bluster about Clinton's emails?  How?  The fact that they claim they have all of her email records is immaterial....the fact that she even created them is pure and utter stupidity on her part.  As always, my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

This simple statement reveals your belief in Ivanka's wrongdoing, and for that.....I thank you for your truthfulness, Mark.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Let me clarify, I don't believe Ivanka did anything wrong.  From what I have heard, this was the 1st 10 days of the Trump Administration, she  probably didn't have an official email address assigned to her yet.  I'll requote: 

"the emails have since been "retained" in conformity with records laws."   

If the above statement is true, this is a non-story, so please stop making assumptions about what I believe.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

CL, it sounds like you're suggesting the Ivanka didn't spend on minute listening to her dad during the campaign.  How on earth could she make such a stupid mistake after all of his bluster about Clinton's emails?  How?  The fact that they claim they have all of her email records is immaterial....the fact that she even created them is pure and utter stupidity on her part.  As always, my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV

Trying to shape my words again.....good one.....in HRC you have the seasoned old salty dog who knows better...

Ivanka, the new comer, to one of the most vile places on Earth......made an honest mistake.....owned it....turned it all over to officials....

HRC......on the other hand.....need I say more?.....the list is a mile long........

And in the criminal justice world.....she has much to be

concernef about....hmmm....

..wonder if Trump will pardon HRC?    CL

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Let me clarify, I don't believe Ivanka did anything wrong.  From what I have heard, this was the 1st 10 days of the Trump Administration, she  probably didn't have an official email address assigned to her yet.  I'll requote: 

"the emails have since been "retained" in conformity with records laws."   

If the above statement is true, this is a non-story, so please stop making assumptions about what I believe.

So you don't believe in the equal treatment you mentioned before?  It'd been nice if you would have clarified that up front.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Perhaps....after he finds a way to pardon himself, of course.  ;)  the investigation continues

GO RV, then BV

What would he need to pardon himself from?   Just the facts this time....please outline credible evidence of what laws Trump has broken....Thanks in advance....CL

Starting to enjoy this now Shabs.......btw......what's going on in your world for Thanksgiving? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

So you don't believe in the equal treatment you mentioned before?  It'd been nice if you would have clarified that up front.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Equal treatment?  She complied with the law.  Hillarious Clinton and her team did not comply with the law and have not been prosecuted.  How about we take this in order of offense? We put Hillarious and her team on trail and let a jury decide, then we put Ivanka on trail.

I'm surprised and disgusted that someone with your intelligence and wit, can be so obtuse concerning this topic.:shrug::facepalm:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Equal treatment?  She complied with the law.  Hillarious Clinton and her team did not comply with the law and have not been prosecuted.  How about we take this in order of offense? We put Hillarious and her team on trail and let a jury decide, then we put Ivanka on trail.

I'm surprised and disgusted that someone with your intelligence and wit, can be so obtuse concerning this topic.:shrug::facepalm:

And I'm surprised, though not disgusted that a man of your intelligence says Ivanka complied with the law, which she did....but you ignore that she blatantly broke the rules in the first place....which caused her to comply with the law you are referencing.  So yes, going in order is fine with me....as long as all incidences are included, no cherry picking to serve a narrative.  

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

And I'm surprised, though not disgusted that a man of your intelligence says Ivanka complied with the law, which she did....but you ignore that she blatantly broke the rules in the first place....which caused her to comply with the law you are referencing.  So yes, going in order is fine with me....as long as all incidences are included, no cherry picking to serve a narrative.  

Please point to the law that she broke and how she broke it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

What would he need to pardon himself from?   Just the facts this time....please outline credible evidence of what laws Trump has broken....Thanks in advance....CL

Starting to enjoy this now Shabs.......btw......what's going on in your world for Thanksgiving? 

As I said, the investigation continues.  As for Thanksgiving, just my wife and I relaxing, watching football....prepping for our impending Michigan vs. Ohio State party.  How about you?  Hope you have a happy and safe one.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Please point to the law that she broke and how she broke it?

I'm not a federal law scholar so please forgive my insolence......if I had to take a educated guess, I would have to say she violated some part of the 1978 Presidential Records Act or a form thereof.  Again, an investigation will bring more to light, should they choose to go that route.

GO RV, then BV

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

I'm not a federal law scholar so please forgive my insolence......if I had to take a educated guess, I would have to say she violated some part of the 1978 Presidential Records Act or a form thereof.  Again, an investigation will bring more to light, should they choose to go that route.

GO RV, then BV

It appears Ivanka is in compliance with the rules.

Bulletin 2013-03

5.  What are agencies’ and agency employees’ recordkeeping responsibilities when the use of personal email accounts is authorized? 

While agency employees should not generally use personal email accounts to conduct official agency business, there may be times when agencies authorize the use of personal email accounts, such as in emergency situations when Federal accounts are not accessible or when an employee is initially contacted through a personal account. In these situations, agency employees must ensure that all Federal records sent or received on personal email systems are captured and managed in accordance with agency recordkeeping practices. Agency policies and procedures must also ensure compliance with other statutes and obligations, such as FOIA and discovery.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

It appears Ivanka is in compliance with the rules.

Bulletin 2013-03

5.  What are agencies’ and agency employees’ recordkeeping responsibilities when the use of personal email accounts is authorized? 

While agency employees should not generally use personal email accounts to conduct official agency business, there may be times when agencies authorize the use of personal email accounts, such as in emergency situations when Federal accounts are not accessible or when an employee is initially contacted through a personal account. In these situations, agency employees must ensure that all Federal records sent or received on personal email systems are captured and managed in accordance with agency recordkeeping practices. Agency policies and procedures must also ensure compliance with other statutes and obligations, such as FOIA and discovery.

You're assuming she had gotten authorized permission, which very well may be the case.....as I said before, an investigation will enlighten the situation, should they choose to go that route.  

GO RV, then BV