Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Moral panic over fake news hides the real enemy – the digital giants

Claims that Russia is behind the political shocks of 2016 ignore the corrupting influence of digital capitalism

Sunday 8 January 2017 00.05 GMT

By Evgeny Morozov

4086.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=9327b6a3a3669c9c8fdcf735d028607e
Vladimir Putin has been accused of using internet propaganda to undermine last year’s US election result.
Photograph: Alexander Utkin/AFP/Getty Images

3 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Really I'm not mad at Russia Umbertino. If it weren't for the hacks we would have never known how sorry the DNC really is and our lying libtard media !

Precisely Tex... THAT is the genuine premise of the revelation.  Yet the media furthers the false narrative that it affected the voting "booths", as in hacking/fraud.  If it changed people's minds against Clinton... that's on her, not the Russians!

• Upvote 2

Staunch supporter's are acting like they're watching an arson induced house fire, or an intentional train wreck.....they are so mesmerized by the flames or the carnage, that they could care less who set the blaze, or drove the engine.  It's what happens when the disdain for the homeowner or a particular rail passenger is so immense.  

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Staunch supporter's are acting like they're watching an arson induced house fire, or an intentional train wreck.....they are so mesmerized by the flames or the carnage, that they could care less who set the blaze, or drove the engine.  It's what happens when the disdain for the homeowner or a particular rail passenger is so immense.  

GO RV, then BV 

It is so hard to believe that anyone who claims to love America and be a patriot is not completely disturbed by even the idea that a foreign government would hack anything, be it a political party or their kid's lunch menu. This action is unacceptable on any level. Anyone who comments on how great it is that hacking occurred needs to reexamine their priorities.

JMHO

B/A 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

I don't like the fact that nothing is private anymore. Don't act like this is their or our country's first time doing it ! Just because the truth was found out for all to see doesn't mean that we can't make a good old-fashioned glass of lemonade.

I concur and I too realize our government does these same things. I cannot condone this type of action, but even more so, I certainly will not applaud it.

B/A

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

I concur and I too realize our government does these same things. I cannot condone this type of action, but even more so, I certainly will not applaud it.

B/A

Agreed B/A... applaud the TRUTH, not the action!

• Upvote 1

Would you have preferred never to know about our crooked media who is essentially owned and operated by the libtards that want to impose a false reality or false impressions on our minds as well as our children's very impressionable minds. No wonder our children as a whole are all f....Up in the head ! 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Would you have preferred never to know about our crooked media who is essentially owned and operated by the libtards that want to impose a false reality or false impressions on our minds as well as our children's very impressionable minds. No wonder our children as a whole are all f....Up in the head ! 

I must disagree with you on this one, Tex.  To me, if kids are messed up, who aren't wards of the state, or suffer from actual mental issues, i.e. a medical condition, the blame lies directly with the parents or legal guardians.  Attention to details.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

7 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Yes parents are responsible but if you knew what went on in public schools these days, you might be surprised. Being *** is not OK ! Acting like a Rapers is not OK ! Teachers dumber than a box of rocks...Not OK ! 

We have open enrollment here in my neck of the woods......so parents and kids together, can choose a particular local public school that best meets his or her individual needs.  There are rules, so as to stave off the stacking of athletic teams, but all in all, it seems to work out pretty good.  ;)

GO RV, then BV