Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US to send more troops to help retake Mosul

yota691

History of edits:: 07/11/2016 13:48 • 26 visits readable
Ebadi receives US Secretary of Defense

Archive Photo

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi met with US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter.
According to an informed source told {Euphrates News} that "Abadi met with Carter is scheduled to discuss developments in the war against Daash and the process of liberalization of Mosul and the rest of the territory of the Conception terrorists." 
Carter had arrived on Monday to the Iraqi capital Baghdad to meet with Iraqi officials and military commanders Americans " .is over

• Upvote 1

Carter: ready to participate liberation of Mosul and restore Qayyarah strategic triumph

Political

Since 07.11.2016 at 11:54 (Baghdad time)

42.jpg

Baghdad balances News

Showed US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter, Monday, Americans are ready advisers to accompany Iraqi troops on land battle of Mosul, in what was described edit Qayyarah base of "strategic victory".

Carter said after Sloh to Baghdad today for a number of journalists, said that the "liberation Qayyarah base (south of Mosul) a strategic triumph," pointing out that "the international coalition forces, al-Qaida would use" a starting point for the battle to liberate Mosul. "

He said the American Minister, that "the Americans advisors are ready to accompany Iraqi troops if necessary Alammerltharir the city, if necessary."

The US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter on Monday morning arrived in the capital, Baghdad, on a surprise visit at the head of a military delegation, followed by access Canadian Defense Minister Harjt Sing.anthy 29 / A 43

• Upvote 1

Urgent .. Canadian Defense Minister arrives in Baghdad

Monday 11-07-2016 | 11:23:15

J p

J p

Twilight News / arrived Canadian Defense Minister Harjt Singh jailer Monday to the Iraqi capital Baghdad on a surprise visit was not announced in advance. 
According to Iraqi state television, he said the jailer had arrived with the Canadian military delegation accompanying him to Baghdad, and was greeted by Defense Minister Khaled al -Obeidi. 
the US Secretary of defense Ashton Carter to Iraq may also arrived Monday morning in Baghdad on an unannounced visit by then to meet with US military commanders and Iraqi officials , as Washington seeks to take advantage of the restored head of an air force base near the city of Mosul , a stronghold of the organization Daash terrorist.

• Upvote 1

J p

J p

Twilight News US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter / said on Monday that his country 'smilitary advisers who are on Iraqi territory are ready to accompany the armed forces , which will edit the city of Mosul from the grip of the organization Daash terrorist. 
Carter told reporters, while he made an unannounced visit to Iraq, said that American advisers are ready to accompany Brigades of Iraq if necessary, as it moves towards Mosul. 
He added that the forces involved in the Mosul operation, including US troops and those of theinternational coalition, will use the air base as a ready and launching military operations. 
arrived Carter earlier in the morning to the Iraqi capital Baghdad unannounced visit by then to meet with US military and Iraqi officials leaders , as Washington seeks to take advantage of therestored head of an air force base near the city of Mosul , a stronghold of the organization Daash terrorist. 
Iraqi officials have said that Carter will meet with Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi and defense Minister Khaled al - Obeidi and Lieutenant American Gen. Sean MacFarland , commander ofcoalition led by Washington against al Daash in Iraq and Syria forces. 
Iraqi forces said on Saturday it had regained control of Qayyarah air Base , 60 kilometers south of Mosul, the largest city in the grip of an Iraqi militant group.

• Upvote 1

History of edits:: 07/11/2016 15:46 • 5 visits readable
Carter announces Washington's intention send 560 additional troops to support Iraq in the battle of Mosul
{Baghdad} Euphrates News said US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter and Washington's intention send 560 additional troops to support Iraq in the battle Almousel..itba ..
  • Upvote 2

Amiri: reject Carter's remarks send 560 soldiers to Iraq

Political

Since 07.11.2016 at 18:45 (Baghdad time)

%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%20%D8%B5%D9%88%

Scales News - Follow-up

He expressed the Secretary-General of the Badr Organisation, the leader of the popular crowd Hadi al-Ameri, on Monday, refusing to statements made by US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter on sending 560 US troops to participate in the liberation of the city of Mosul of al Daash.

Amery said in a statement received / balances News /, a copy of it, "We reject the US defense secretary's remarks about sending 560 US soldiers to participate liberalization processes Mosul."

He added, "Everybody knows that the Iraqis are able to liberate their country, just as we liberated Peggy Fallujah and Qayyarah liberate Mosul," we "firmly opposed land for the presence of US forces because the Iraqi people reject the replacement Daash the Americans .. Our decision to Iraq is not a place for Daash or the Americans."

He announced US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter, today, that his country would send about 560 extra troops to Iraq to help Iraqi forces to liberate the city of Almousel.anthy 29/9 P

• Upvote 1

History of edits:: 12.07.2016 14:06 • 3 visits readable
A protocol on military cooperation between the Kurdistan region and the United States signed
[Oan- Baghdad] was 
signed by Minister of Interior and Peshmerga agency in the Kurdistan Regional Government, cream Chenkali, on Tuesday, with US Assistant Secretary of Defense, Elissa Slotkin, military cooperation protocol in the presence of the President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani.
Mstadr informed and reported that " the protocol stipulates that Washington provide political, military and financial aid to the Peshmerga forces, until the end of the war with al Daash." 
Officials confirmed in the Kurdistan region, said this is the first time that where an agreement of this kind officially. 
The head the Kurdistan region , Massoud Barzani, has received on Monday a phone call from US Secretary of defense Ashton Carter, in which he stressed "over his country 's commitment to continuously support for the forces Peshmerga Kurdistan, expressed his pleasure at the level of cooperation and coordination between the Peshmerga and Iraqi forces."
  • Upvote 2

State Department Briefing July 11, 2016

QUESTION: Can I move to Iraq?

MR KIRBY: Sure.

QUESTION: Thank you. So about the additional 560 troops that Secretary Carter announced today --

MR KIRBY: Yeah.

QUESTION: -- did that come in response to a request from the Iraqi Government, or was it your assessment that you need to send these troops?

MR KIRBY: I’m going to point you to what Secretary Carter said when he announced it and he made it clear that this was done in full consultation with Prime Minister Abadi’s government in Baghdad.

QUESTION: Did they request it, or you thought, like, that there needs to be additional U.S. troops?

MR KIRBY: It was done in full consultation and coordination with the Iraqi Government. All of our troops in Iraq are there at the invitation and the support of the Iraqi Government. That won’t change with this additional deployment.

QUESTION: What do you say to critics who are saying this is definitely mission creep? Because – and what kind of role? I know you might refer me to the Pentagon – what might – what kind of role they might play in the (inaudible)?

MR KIRBY: You’re right, I’m going to refer you to the Pentagon. But listen, it ain’t mission creep if the mission ain’t changing, and the mission’s not changing in Iraq with respect to what U.S. troops are doing in a train, advise, and assist capacity. And then, of course, our airmen are very much engaged in air operations, as they have been inside the coalition.

QUESTION: Thanks.

MR KIRBY: Yeah.

QUESTION: On July 20, you’ll be hosting a humanitarian pledging conference for Iraq.

MR KIRBY: Yes, I announced it.

QUESTION: Okay. (Laughter.) So there’s an issue with the participation of the Kurdistan Regional Government that’s in northern Iraq. It got a huge number of refugees that they’re hosting – nearly 2 million – but generally they don’t get to attend these conferences, because the U.S. leaves it up to Baghdad whether to include the Kurdish representatives or not and Baghdad doesn’t include the Kurdish representatives.

So my question is: This time, will you press Baghdad to make sure that representatives of the KRG include – are included? The British have done that in the past and it’s worked. Or, alternatively, might you invite representatives of the Kurdistan Regional Government directly to attend this conference?

MR KIRBY: Well, first of all, I want to talk about the importance of the conference, and the Secretary is very much looking forward to it. It is – it’s going to be an important gathering for an important purpose: to further encourage international community support for the very real financial challenges that Iraq still faces as they are trying to enact reforms, political and economic; as they are fighting a very lethal enemy still on their soil. So there’s a lot of work to be done on that day, and the Secretary looks forward to rolling up his sleeves and getting at that work.

I don’t have an update for you on invitations or the process itself. The only thing I would say is that, as we have made clear in the past, the support that the United States is providing to Iraq in this time of great need is being done as – and it will continue to be done – through the Abadi government in Baghdad. Again, I will take the question for you in terms of any more specificity on the invitation process. I just don’t have that level of information right now. But I do want to stress that we continue to manage the support that we’re providing through Baghdad.

QUESTION: Well, it seems that given the critical role that the Kurdish Peshmerga play in fighting ISIS and the great generosity that they’ve shown all these refugees and displaced persons, that they really merit the attention of the United States, and if they’re not getting from Baghdad a reasonable share of this aid, that the United States should really consider stepping in and addressing this issue.

MR KIRBY: Well, I would take issue with the notion that we haven’t. I’m not going to get ahead of pledges or what size, scope, and character they’re going to be or how they’re going to be distributed inside Iraq. But you raise a good point, and one I neglected in my first reply to you, and that’s that we obviously recognize the service, the sacrifice, the courage, the bravery, the skill on the battlefield that the Peshmerga have demonstrated every single day.

And we’re mindful of the toll that this fight has taken up in the north and the significant role that the Kurdish Regional Government has played in terms of trying to deal with it as well. That’s why, when you see Brett McGurk traveling to the region, he never fails to stop in Erbil and have discussions with KRG representatives. And so has, in fact, Secretary Kerry in his most recent trip to Iraq made the effort to meet with them – now, it was in Baghdad, but he made the effort to meet with them. So we’re mindful of that. We’re mindful of the role they’re playing and the skill that they are demonstrating, but I just won’t get ahead of specifics in terms of pledging contributions by any one state or how they might be distributed.

QUESTION: Or invitations?

MR KIRBY: Well, as I said, I will see if I can find out more information about the invitation process, the protocol element of this. I don’t know how much information I’m going to be able to provide this far out, but I’ll take the question and we’ll see what we can do in terms of getting you a better reply.

QUESTION: Thank you very much.

• Upvote 1

QUESTION: Back to Syria and Iraq.

MR KIRBY: Okay. I wasn’t looking at you, but that’s okay; you’ve been patient. So we’re going to go to him – I tell you, I’ll go him, you, and then you. How’s that? All right, go ahead.

QUESTION: Right. And just following up on the earlier question, I mean --

MR KIRBY: Who are you?

QUESTION: Ryan Browne, CNN. Sorry.

MR KIRBY: Okay.

QUESTION: So just to go back to the earlier question about the Russian conversation, you mentioned a range of issues that they were going to talk about pertaining to Syria, but not specifically a potential military cooperation on ISIS and al-Nusrah?

MR KIRBY: Well, we – first of all, there is no – other than a channel that has been opened up between DOD and the Russian military to de-conflict for safety of operations purposes, there is no U.S. military coordination with the Russian military inside Syria. But the Secretary – as we’ve said before, we continue to explore options and alternatives and proposals with respect to the fight against Nusrah and Daesh in Syria. And as I said, the degree to which the Russian military is willing to be committed to the fight against those two groups and exclusively those two groups, well, that’s a conversation that we’re willing to have. I just don’t have any developments to speak to today, and obviously I wouldn’t speak for the Defense Department anyway. But there’s no military coordination going on now.

We have and will continue to explore options and alternatives going forward to try to get the cessation of hostilities better applied and enforced; to try to increase pressure on Nusrah and Daesh across the country; and, again, while with an eye to trying to get at a political transition, because, as we’ve seen, prior talks between the opposition and the regime haven’t gone so well, and one reason for that is that they were being bombed at the same time they were sitting down trying to have a conversation about a political future. So we know that this is a key component in terms of achieving any success on the political front, and I suspect that the Secretary will spend quite a bit of time in his discussions in Moscow on that issue.

QUESTION: Then just quickly on Iraq, as the forces – a new set of U.S. troops are bound to go in and they just recaptured a major base near Mosul. Can you talk a little bit about kind of the Iraqi Government’s vision for Mosul and kind of – not necessarily a timeline, but how important politically is that for the Iraqi Government under Abadi?

MR KIRBY: Well, I’m loath to talk for another government. But I mean, broadly speaking, we all know how important Mosul is, and we’ve known that for quite some time. And there is an Iraqi strategy; there is a campaign plan to retake Mosul. It’s their plan. Obviously, the United States and coalition members will support as necessary; but it’s their plan, it’s their strategy, and they have to speak for it and they have to execute it. And I think as you heard Secretary Carter speak to today out in Baghdad, that these additional troops in part will help with logistical needs and logistical capabilities in terms of supporting any future advances on Mosul. And the capture of Qayyarah – the base in Qayyarah, which is 40, 50 miles south of Mosul – that’s an important step in the continued progress to retake Mosul.

To restate your question, I certainly wouldn’t speculate from here one way or another when that would happen or the manner in which it would begin specifically in terms of Mosul proper. But we’ve said all along and for many months now that shaping operations have already occurred in terms of trying to soften up Daesh positions around Mosul. So this has been a continuing process, this has been a continued focus of the coalition and of the Iraqi Government, and we’re going to continue to look for ways to support them in their efforts to retake Mosul

• Upvote 2

Carter Salutes Iraqi Forces, Announces 560 U.S. Troops to Deploy to Iraq

By | DoD News, Defense Media Activity | July 11, 2016

Photos

1 of 1

support of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate Da’esh and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community, and as needed in the region. The B-52 offers diverse capabilities including the delivery of precision weapons. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Nathan Lipscomb/Released)<br /><br />Photo By: Tech. Sgt. Nathan Lipscomb">U.S. Air Force B-52 Stratofortress aircraft from Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, arrives at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, April 9, 2016 in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate Da’esh and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community, and as needed in the region. The B-52 offers diverse capabilities including the delivery of precision weapons. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Nathan Lipscomb/Released)

U.S. Air Force B-52 Stratofortress aircraft from Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, arrives at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, April 9, 2016 in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate Da’esh and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community, and as needed in the region. The B-52 offers diverse capabilities including the delivery of precision weapons. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Nathan Lipscomb/Released) (Photo by Tech. Sgt. Nathan Lipscomb)

The defense secretary closed his trip to Iraq, his fourth as secretary of defense, by thanking U.S. troops for their dedication, sacrifice and willingness to keep America safe, the release said. 

To ensure ISIL's defeat is truly lasting, Carter stressed throughout his visit the need for economic aid and reconstruction efforts to keep pace with progress in the military campaign, the release said.

In Syria, local forces backed by the coalition have surrounded the city of Manbij, a hub for the flow of ISIL foreign fighters, the release said. The defense secretary said the U.S. is also prepared to step up its efforts to help vetted Syrian forces willing to take on ISIL.

Carter's visit comes as the international coalition has intensified pressure on ISIL in both Iraq and Syria, the release said. In addition to the capture of the airbase at Qayyarah, Iraqi forces backed by coalition air power and other support recently freed the city of Fallujah from ISIL's control after previous gains in Ramadi, Hit and Rutbah, according to the release.

U.S. forces already share intelligence with their Iraqi counterparts, the defense secretary said, noting he is directing the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Agency -- which leads the department's efforts to counter improvised explosive device -- to provide additional assistance that could enhance security in Baghdad.

Carter said the United States is prepared to bolster its support for Iraqi government efforts to protect Iraqi civilians from ISIL terror attacks, according to the release.

Efforts to Protect Iraqis Against ISIL Attacks

In his meeting with the Iraqi prime minister, the defense secretary also expressed his condolences for the recent tragic bombing in Baghdad, the release said.

Obama approved the additional forces on Carter's recommendation after consulting with Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford, U.S. Central Command commander Army Gen. Joseph L. Votel, and the commander of Operation Inherent Resolve, Army Lt. Gen. Sean MacFarland, the release said.

As the campaign shifts toward Mosul -- more than 250 miles from Baghdad -- the airfield will become a vital springboard for Iraqi forces’ offensive into Mosul, the release said. Coalition forces will also continue to provide enabler support to Kurdish Peshmerga as they converge on Mosul from Iraq's north, according to the release.

The additional troops, the release said, will provide a range of support for Iraqi security forces, including infrastructure and logistical capabilities at the airfield near Qayyarah.

Carter also discussed the next steps in the counter-ISIL military campaign, the release said. In light of Iraqi security forces’ recent advances, the release said, the defense secretary announced that the United States, in close coordination with the Iraqi government, will deploy an additional 560 troops to Iraq to build on that momentum.

Building on Counter-ISIL Momentum

"With the retaking of Qayyarah West airfield, the Iraqi security forces have once again demonstrated a serious will to fight," the defense secretary said. "I congratulate them on their recent successes and reaffirm that the United States, along with our coalition partners, will continue to do all we can to support Iraq's effort to serve ISIL a lasting defeat."

Carter met with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al Abadi and other Iraqi leaders, commending them for recent progress in the fight against ISIL, including the capture of a strategic airfield near the town of Qayyarah that will aid operations to free Mosul, the release said.

"At every step in this campaign, we have generated and seized additional opportunities to hasten ISIL's lasting defeat," Carter said. "These additional U.S. forces will bring unique capabilities to the campaign and provide critical enabler support to Iraqi forces at a key moment in the fight."

WASHINGTON --

• Upvote 1

Disclose new details about the role of US troops being sent to Iraq

14-07-2016 12:19 PM    
Hits: 1235
image.php?token=d3190039f2f6c645888b7887

Orbit News -

Showing the US defense secretary, Ashton Carter, the commander of the operation «inherent solution», Lt. - Gen. Sean MacFarland, further details about the role of additional US troops in Iraq, which will be deployed to support the Iraqi forces in the fight against al «Daash» and restore the city of Mosul. It has been shown that the central mission will focus on providing a security cordon for local forces besiege the city from the north and south.

He told reporters that the additional US forces «will serve as a catalyst to expand the process of Qayyarah Air Base work», who has recently recovered from the organization, and to proceed with the restoration of Mosul process. For his part, Carter pointed out that the air base was the only one of the two, as has been assisting Iraqi forces in the town drunk in Erbil governorate.

The idea of these steps as Carter added are encircling Mosul from the north and south, and the elimination of the control of the organization Daash the city, similar to what happened in other cities, such as white and wet, Fallujah and Ramadi.

It is likely to play an extra US troops, which was recently announced an important role in the siege of the city and encircle the regulation forces and prevent supplies by stage.

Carter stressed that the Iraqi forces «need more US troops to help, in order to ensure the protection and security in the country during the expulsion of elements of state regulation of the major metropolitan areas process.»

He pointed out that the Iraqi forces «achieved important results against the organization with the help of coalition forces, the US-led». He also said that «it is necessary to continue this work because it is not over yet, as there is still much to do in Iraq and Syria».

Carter discussions was confined with Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, about the battle restored only Mosul, as discussed together - according to a statement issued by the Pentagon - possible support of the CIA and the process of counter IEDs in Baghdad, which has seen in recent weeks, an upsurge in deadly by al Daash attacks . 

Carter said he meets with US military commanders for ways to speed up the campaign against the organization in Iraq and Syria in line with the overall strategic approach, which is to defeat the group permanently, which also means the need to work with local forces.

He disclosed that the regional MacFarland losses to state regulation has affected the ability of the group to carry out systematic attacks.

He explained that «the enemy lost control of some key support areas, in addition to a base of operations, and the ability to plan, sources of funding».

He said that «attack the best form of defense», and «to continue to put pressure on the enemy in some places - such as tenderness and Mosul - prevents him from producing more foreign conspiracies».

He pointed out that «coordination with the Iraqi government is the key to the efforts of the coalition forces». He added that the alliance «did not encounter any problems at all in getting approvals from the Iraqi government in the fight against the organization Daash.»

• Upvote 1

Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:53:09
2.1468493589650101443.jpg?width=500px&cr

Considered for the Commission on Security and Defense parliamentary, Thursday, signing of the Kurdistan Regional Government agreement with the United States as a "breach of the Constitution," noting that the federal government were not aware of that Convention.

The committee member said Iskandar and berries, "The agreement that was signed between the US and the Kurdistan region on arms breach of express constitutional processing."

He and berries, that "the agreement was signed without the knowledge or advice of the federal government or even the media for security and defense committee in Parliament so."

The Kurdistan region of Iraq yesterday signed a military agreement with the United States on providing the Peshmerga forces with weapons and gear.

• Upvote 1

Fatlawi: The government took the position "ostrich" about the excesses of the province

Political

Since 14/07/2016 20:53 pm (Baghdad time)

NB-166513-635970936320525715.jpg

BAGHDAD - balances News

I was amazed at the head of the will of Hanan al, on Thursday, from the silence of the central government to sign a military protocol between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the Pentagon, as the government described as took the position "Ostrich" on the excesses of the province.

She Fatlawi in a statement received / balances News / copy of it, I was "surprised at the government 's silence on the signing of amilitary protocol between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the Pentagon," afterthought "I waited two days ago to talk to Ali Wajid reaction from any party but the silence of a government in place." 
she added, "Our government seems to take it as merely put the ostrich , ignoring the region exceeded the powers exclusive and ignoring the lack of respect for her as a government , America and the conclusion of a protocol without her consent."

And wondered Fatlawi According to the statement, "What will be the reaction of our government if struck Basra a military agreement with Russia without government approval? Or what if struck Najaf, a military agreement with Iran? And what if struck Babylon agreement with China? Was Stskt too," he said. "What America's response would be done if one of their mandates signed a military agreement with another country without her knowledge and consent. "

She noted that "We are waiting for clarification from our government to show us is it has given approval for the Kurdistan Or will it become like the Scarecrow to Athtermha not Kurdistan nor America nor any other" .anthy 29/34 R.

• Upvote 1

Gen. Votal: US Army will ask additional troops in Iraq

AM: 10: 12: 15/07/2016Khandan

votel-15-7-2016.jpg

Khandan- predicted the US Central Command, the US military asked to use additional troops in Iraq as opposed to the hundreds that was announced this week at a time when the campaign achieved against al "Daash" terrorist success. The US General Joseph Votal in an interview with the agency "Reuters" interview in Baghdad , "while we continue to campaign .. I think we will ask some of the additional deployment of troops." Votal did not reveal any numbers. He Votal which oversees American forces in the Middle East that the size of the potential increases in the future is still under discussion within the military circles. Any details about the timing of sending any requests in this regard for the management of US President Barack Obama did not mention. His comments come three days after the declaration of the Obama administration to send 560 additional troops in an effort to facilitate Iraqi attack to regain Mosul. It will most of these soldiers from Qayyarah air base restoring Iraqi forces from organizing "Daash" terrorist last week. They plan to use Qayyarah as a springboard for an attack which aims to restore Mosul. He Votal that incoming requests will be formed according to the special stages of the campaign. " We are trying to reconcile our requests with specific goals that we are trying to achieve on the the earth. " It will be the restoration of Mosul , a great boost to plans for Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi and theUnited States to weaken the terrorist organization. He pledged Abadi restoration of Mosul by the end of the year. It warns some US officials that the city restored without a plan to restore security and basic services and good governance would be a big mistake. He acknowledged Votal the existence of concerns about the features of non - military campaign but said he feels more optimistic after the meetings held on Wednesday past with senior Iraqi officials, including al - Abadi. he said , "while still requires a lot of work ... I left and I feel confident , " stressing the importance of military operations by US -backed "positive impact on the political side." he pointed Votal to that after he loses "Daash" ultimately Mosul in Iraq and the Syrian city of Raqqa it Americans should not expect a quick withdrawal from Iraq and comprehensive. " The thing I do not want to do is a declaration of victory and leave after that. I think we want to complete the task." Said Votal that if he moved elements "Daash" to other places outside those two cities, it is important the presence of US military resources "to ensure we can we achieve that permanent defeat (of the organization). " he continued , " If there were not the capabilities we need , we will pass on . Similarly, if there are capabilities we need , and we have no will we require , "describing the ever - evolving campaign that it would not end quickly.

• Upvote 1