Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

the United Nations project to solve the Iraqi government is formed

Othman: the United Nations project to solve the Iraqi government is formed

(Voice of Iraq) - 21/06/2010

(Voice of Iraq) - PNA - A member of the House of Representatives for the Kurdistan Alliance, Mahmoud Othman said: "The United Nations Mission in Iraq, intends to" lay out projects and proposals to resolve the crisis in the formation of the government to require the presence of international commitments to expedite it. "

The Osman believed obtaining external intervention to put pressure on the Iraqi parties to accelerate the formation of the next government if it fails the political blocs in it, "The United Nations and the United States and Arab countries and Turkey wants to form a government as soon as prior to the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq."

It is worth mentioning that the parliamentary blocs, announced its refusal to international and regional interference in negotiations to form government.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ar|en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/iraq-news.php%3Fid%3D2740&prev=/language_tools&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhi77j3I_JDiUZLEY-xuA9BXnaaZQQ

• Upvote 3

That refusal can be a two edged sword, for the world's view and the countries view. One they did it themselves without the outside influence, showing that they could, (unfortunately not int he best way) and the other showing the country that they have people of Iraq seated that they can trust, hopefully that's what they're doing, making sure that they have the right folks in place so the corruption and deceit does not continue and they do what is right for their country. I do hope this is the case.................otherwise it's all been for not. Religion an politics just don't mix, and this culture knows no different.

Thanks for the post Carla, keep up the awesome work!

V

• Upvote 2

This has been inevitable in my opinion. I think both blocs have secretly been hoping for the intervention which is why they are holding on to the impasse. They both think they have a shot at the UN going with their side. They cannot work it out themselves and we will have anarchy in Iraq soon if they don't. They have lost all faith in their politicians. The UN will retain some power for awhile and have to do a modification to Chapter 7 to release everything except the ability for the UN to step in for crisis management. A citizen uprising is another form of democracy next to voting. Ultimate power should belong to the people.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad to see the UN step in. If the politicians are so committed to not allowing foreign intervention and they can't form a government, then they will lose the country and whose to say that maybe some of these politicians want to see that happen?

But these pompous self serving disrespectful idiot politicians don't have a choice in the matter. They will keep pointing fingers at each other through the whole thing as their people suffer with no electricity and no water while the UN works to get it done.

The whole situation is just disgraceful.

I think it would take generations of educated Iraqis to get past their unwillingness to work with each other. Overall these politicans just have no concept of how the rest of the world functions or there's enough of them that just don't care.

This country begs to be ruled by a dictator...its sad but true...

To be honest if the UN have to step in then I can see no reason an RV will happen soon because if they can't get the government sorted then they are not likely to be able to manage a budget which we see each day with these auctions and all the borrowing going on with the world bank etc.

It time we sit back and relax and forget about the RV all together and get on with our lives and wait for the headlines to appear on the news.

To be honest if the UN have to step in then I can see no reason an RV will happen soon because if they can't get the government sorted then they are not likely to be able to manage a budget which we see each day with these auctions and all the borrowing going on with the world bank etc.

It time we sit back and relax and forget about the RV all together and get on with our lives and wait for the headlines to appear on the news.

I agree with sexy, you can lead a horse to water but if you have to push is head into drink somethings wrong. They want mass confusion so the UN will have to come in and make them straighten up so it looks like were the bad guys when something goes wrong.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to lose faith...all the recent negative news stories have taken the wind out of my sails. I hope there is positive progress occuring behind the scenes that we're not yet aware of, but right now I feel like the welfare of Iraq and our RV dreams are stalled at the bottom of the rollercoaster.

Thanks carlablum for the post. It is very much a consideration that we understand that some of the blocs have refused international pressure but not all...Allawi has been screaming for intervention for months. H*ll they have been trying to kill him and openly steal the election forever. His party has lost representatives to murder and the GOI just says all is secure when IMO its the GOI trying to kill them. The Maliki government is corrupt and with this intervention this can resolved. ChiefV is right when he says this refusal is double edged because of exactly the intervention that is coming. It will cause that spotlight to shine on the bugs in the GOI and when it does all the games will have to end because everybody will see the dirty laundry.It is a disgusting situation like quad says. But not hopeless. The UN has a mandate to do the intervention and they gave those morons time but they failed and now we get some relief. The only way the people are going to get any relief is can you spell Electricity?

If sonny1 is right this thing just may indeed come quickly because his information is based of work by GE for electricity generation. Plus the last thing any power hungry politician in Iraq wants to see is a Shiite and a Sunni standing side by side raising h*ll about its hot and no electricity which is happening right now and it will get louder. If they see that then they will lose influence at the very least if not outright control. This is not making those politicians happy. The protest and now the UN intervening to me is not a coincidence and not a bad thing at all. drox this has been inevitable hasn't it. You could just see it coming and your conclusions are excellent.

It is apparent in this thread that we have a lot of smart people here at DV. Different opinions and levels of understanding but even so just an awful lot of smart people. Thank you all. This is a good place for ideas and research thanks to you guys and gals!!!

• Upvote 1