Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's Time To Arise - Press Down - Press Through & Press On !!

UNEEK

This really struck a cord with me this morning --

I know I have started things many times at a disadvantage -

I am no Einstein - Aristotle or Da Vinci but they continue to be my role models for creativity & excellence!!  Maybe for gratitude Helen Keller - compassion Mother Teresa & Gandhi --  For perseverance Thomas Edison - for patience Job --  for forgiveness Jesus --

We all have our struggles -- we all have our own unique weaknesses & vulnerabilities -- We all also have our own defined gifts & talents & strengths

We all make choices & decisions based on our level of knowledge & understanding but they can greatly be influenced by the above factors  and  our emotions  / attitude

I hope this will be a gentle reminder and will help you through any struggle or difficult time you are dealing with - UNEEK

It's Time - Arise!

Tonight I heard a minister tell a story that I found very insightful and I want to share it with you. He told a story about the Olympics that happened several years ago.

Apparently it had rained heavily the day before the qualifications for runners. The track was extremely wet; they did all they could to get the water off the track but there were some spots where the water still remained.

The officials knew it could possibly cause one of the runners to stumble, as the water was contained to one certain spot on the track, where only one runner would be placed.

As that runner ran where the water was, sure enough, he slipped and fell. As he lay there on the ground, the crowd could hear him cursing and swearing. He did not qualify for the Olympics that year.

As the next round of runners approached the track to qualify, the officials were once again concerned that the water spot would affect another runner; and it did.

The runner that was in the same place as the one who had slipped and fallen was the one affected; as he approached the area where the water stood, he slipped and fell in the water, however what happened next allowed him to have an entirely different outcome from the first runner who had fallen.

When the second runner slipped in the water and fell, instead of staying down, instead of lying there cursing, he instead pushed himself to roll and get back up and continue the race and it only caused him to gain more momentum and he won the race.

The thing I want you to see is this; there will always be hindrances or obstacles that come in our path as we are running the race, what matters most is what we do when we slip and fall.

We can do like the first guy when we slip and fall; we can become angry and curse and stay down, becoming disqualified for the prize at the end of the race. Or...when we slip and fall, we can push ourselves back up, gain momentum and finish the race...and get the prize.

Your attitude is never more important than it is when you are seemingly down. The very moment you slip and fall or when an obstacle suddenly stops you in your tracks is the most important time to keep a good attitude and continue to press forward.

We have an enemy and he will do whatever he can to cause you to stumble and fall and perhaps he will even succeed at putting a stumbling block in your way however that doesn't mean that weapon has to prosper against you, you can choose to use it as a stepping stone instead of a stumbling block and it can cause you to rise even higher..depending on your reaction to it.

Failure doesn't come when we fall; it comes when we refuse to get back up.

I once heard a statement in a Rocky Balboa movie that said 'it's not how hard you can hit that wins the fight, it's how hard you can get hit and keep getting back up.'

I love the scripture that says 'don't rejoice when I fall for I shall arise.' That is a covenant person speaking, they know even if they fall, it is not the end for them, they shall arise.

They don't think 'maybe I will arise, no, they know they SHALL arise...it is a sure thing.'

Life may get you down from time to time...but don't let it keep you down. Get back up. Finish the race. Get the prize. Let nothing stop you from getting to the finish line. After all, nothing has the power to stop you but you.

Kim Potter  A New Thing Ministries  PO Box 750  Dayton, TN 37321

• Upvote 2

:bump:    Got lost in the shuffle late last night with all the news articles  -- Hope this sparks some hope and inspiration  As I was reading the news this morning  there was not much encouraging there - The market  is bad -  politics in most countries if not all is weak - corrupt etc - 

We obviously can't look outward for our happiness and get  up & go -- but within ourselves !!   Press On!!

Edited by UNEEK
  • Upvote 1

Hello Deborah -- yes maybe I am -- it has been a rough 2014 and I have been doing a lot of thinking over the past year and  the new year-  Went to a funeral over the holidays and that will sure  put you in a mind shift for a while -- 

It may be irrelevant to some -- but ......  When I see death  in the news it always affects me emotionally  --  I mainly think of the emotional suffering of those left --  But how often do we think about "our time" ??

Accidents happen everyday and could always happen to us --  Disease happens  - cancer happens -- and all could happen to  us at any time --  

What kinda grabbed my attention  at this last funeral and the knowledge of a couple other deaths of friends  was   they were around my age or  just a little older  -  My father passed at an early age - and my grandparents also --  All of these did have pretty serious health issues --  my mom is still living  and doing okay in her 80"s

The point I am struggling with a little  lol is to make a connection with the above post  -- its all in my mind lol -- just getting it into  a few words is the problem  lol

The main thing I guess is  we  all are aging - some have health issues  and so forth so that could be the slippery spot -- Luckily, fortunately, I am very healthy physically -- probably not going to run any marathons though  or climb up to clean my gutters any more lol  --  I definitely take less intentional risks :)

But as in being in an Olympic event to begin with we have done some training physically -- but if we are not mentally and emotionally - and even spiritually conditioned  we will not only fall when we get to that slippery weak spot --  but we will not have the fortitude to rise up and press through and press on to win --    

Sooooo much rides on our mental - emotional & spiritual health -- our attitudes - our perspectives -- our passion      

The post is not meant to be a downer at all    so please don't take it that way - I was just kinda using my downer experience to wake up  and rise above it  and share  & encourage all --  <3 <3 <3     

As far as I am concerned Uneek, your thoughts written down on paper are very wise and others should read them and pick themselves up from the fall. This post has made me start thinking of things I can do to rise above my problems which are seeming to pop up on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing this.   :bravo: 

• Upvote 1

WOW Vietnam1969 -- Thank you for sharing a  part of your personal side -- That can be difficult for many  but shows a strength in my opinion --

It takes a lot of deliberate thinking and conscious effort - on a daily basis Vietnam to jump the hoops - dodge the attacks - and carry the responsibilities that WE have chosen (or been given?) -- It is picking ourselves up again and again and again --  

I know deep within my being my intentions are sincere and I genuinely want to leave a legacy behind for my grand daughters to be proud of and will want to remember and honor - 

I witnessed 2 pastors struggle through a funeral over the holidays  and though they did a remarkable job for the family; others, including myself, seen and knew a very different side of that life -- now gone -- It was mind shifting for sure -- 

What has helped me at times has been thinking that it is like strength training - each experience - each attack -- is like weight being added for body builders - The only way to become stronger is to continually lift more than you can -- to keep "pressing" 

Also looking at life as things happening FOR us not TO us --  Not taking up the victim role -- I have my weak moments for sure but the inner desire to finish is very strong -- and yes that even gets buried at times -- but you just find a way to bring it back to focus!! Find a visual that you brand into your mind and keep it alive!!  ((HUGS)) to you  <3 <3 

My prayers are with you Uneek - and it's such a great display of spiritual resilience from you.

I too had to deal with a number of funerals recently - the first of which was my fiance's mother, who passed into God's Kingdom on Dec. 1st.  Since then we have lost 2 other friends and one of my friends from here has lost 2 members of her family.  All you can do is put your faith in God, and by his grace once again face the day you have been given.

Bless you, and it's people like you - resilient, caring and thoughtful - that I want to have on my team. 

• Upvote 2

tankdude -- I remember the time you speak of ---It is difficult in this human experience to escape that emotional pain of loss - I know it well -

The deeper we love and value the loss the deeper the pain -- and strangely  (for me anyway)  while I do not welcome that pain I would rather have the ability to feel that deeply & intensely than to be numb - calloused &  indifferent and not feel at all - 

Thank you for sharing  & I would love to be on your team :) 

Thank you Uneek, great to see you posting.  You're a great example of not staying down. You've given us little stories of your challenges of life, and to witness your energy not to falter is remarkable.  The impact you've made is a blessing.   

Always love to read what you bring.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Patty - oh how wonderful to see and feel your presence here -- I have missed you -- It was wonderful seeing your post here for Nadita!! 

Funny thing with me or maybe a little strange I don't know exactly lol --   but when certain things happen in my life -- when I am faced with or going through something --  that is when my heart over flows and the thoughts that fill my mind find their way to the paper --

It is therapy for me  as it allows me to read the words over and over and over again  for retrospect - analyzing -  sorting -  awakening  and giving me more clarity of vision  for where I am and where I want to be  and hopefully the means to get there --

With some luck  the timing may be right  and be an opportunity to even be of benefit for someone else - Most of what I write is elementary and folks kinda know it anyway -- I just word it a little differently  and it becomes gentle "reminders"  or a gentle nudge to live consciously & deliberately 

Of all the times I have been thrown to the curb and / or under the bus (many over the years) I don't remember there ever being a time I jumped up and ran as if I was in the Olympics lol -- there were many times I could barely crawl my way up and  a few incidents I recall took years -- I was a slow learner  and God was very patient -- He even carried me a few times  <3

I know what's in my heart and it's real -- I wish everyone could see it and feel it like I do  - The excitement - compassion -  passion for life and making a difference - 

Thank you Patty Angel for dropping in and giving me that little boost ((((HUGS))))