Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I need some support from the DV members

beefcake

I have an invention I'm trying to get passed. My family could really use this right now. It's simple, just go to the link and give me a thumbs up its at the top right of my sketch. The more I get the more likely they will want to produce it. If you have ever cleaned gutters you will appreciate this. You will have to sign in but it's through Facebook that way they know real people are voting. Thank you DV.

https://www.quirky.com/invent/1023382/action/vote/query/sort=trending&categories=all

• Upvote 1

No sales. Quirky.com takes it, produces it and gives a percentage to me and anyone who influences the design on quirky.com. I would rather get 10% something then 100% of nothing. I have had this idea for years but I don't have the 100k or more to make it happen. I appreciate all and any support.

• Upvote 1

When I clean my eves it usualy a sticky slimy thick mess. I guess I dont understand how this stuff would be made to fall freely down a 30ft nylon tube.

The stuff I clean from my gutter would clog it up within the first 5ft.  Maybe Im not seeing the whole picture here.

But good luck hope

you sell millions of them. 

No sales. Quirky.com takes it, produces it and gives a percentage to me and anyone who influences the design on quirky.com. I would rather get 10% something then 100% of nothing. I have had this idea for years but I don't have the 100k or more to make it happen. I appreciate all and any support.

I too sell a product on the web. I cant imagine only getting 10% of my labor to produce it.

Its all in advertising getting the word out there. (which Im still trying to afford. )  :)

It has rings sown in the sleeve to create a tube 10 inches across so some stuff will stick to the nylon but the major parts will fall right through. Drop it a 5 gal bucket of water its clean again.    

Edited by beefcake

Would a mod please change that title to DV not DVD auto correct mistake and I can't edit it. Thank you

Sweeeet!!!!

I'm a window and gutter cleaner I have tried to think of everything. The rings the Velcro every 2-4 feet to adjust the hight so it always falls through and clear. I hope they make one so I can use it. Edited by beefcake

Then anyone can steel your idea if you don't have a patent. 

Well if they do then they needed it more then me, this post is to help me get more exposure so that they produce it I'm not worried about anyone steeling anything with me having prior art. I know a man with several patents and many that prior art killed in there tracks. Before you ask why not share with him your idea well because he is rich not because he had an original idea.    

• Upvote 1

I don't need a patent attorney I need thumbs up quriky.com takes care of all of it. A patent is useless unless you can produce it. They patent it produce it pay you just for giving them the idea. One man came up with the idea to have an app that can control your window ac unit through wifi he will profit 750k-1m this year just from simply telling them. I'm not looking for that kind of return however something would be nice. Thank you for the support   

• Upvote 1

1 hour left

Sorry I couldn't get a response to you before.  My first question is - have you done a market study of your product?  Simply take a final prototype and ask your neighbors and friends how much they would pay you for the item.  You may ask them how many they would buy if the price were 20 bucks - then if it was priced at 15$ - then ask the same question if it priced at 10 bucks.  Keep a tally to find out what the best return would be for the number sold at each price point. (You may make more money at a lower price)

This is an over simplification but I would have this information before I spent money on the first production run or before I pursue a patent.  The study should give you an idea if it is indeed a marketable idea.  If no one would buy it at a price you could make a profit with - you can assume it isn't something that will fly off the shelves.  This would also help in your decision to enlist the aid of the company you mentioned.  There are a lot hucksters out there that will steal your idea or take you money while promising marketability. 

Patents are getting a little expensive to get.  I think a patent attorney should cost you two to five thousand or more depending on the complexity of the design.  He has to do a patent search first to check for similar or like items already registered (about 1500$).  Then he will write up the product purpose and description in acceptable legalese.   He then employs an illustrator to draw up the design plans for the application.  You may want to trademark your product. This will add another 30 to 50 percent to submission costs.  I think a registered trademark lasts 7 years while a patent is good for 15 years.  (maybe the other way around - I don't remember)

This is just an abbreviated list of concerns but do find out if it is marketable before you try to make any quantity of  your product(s).  Don't get discouraged.  A lot of good money making ideas are left in the garage because of the perceived enormity of bringing them to market.  Good luck