Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Improvement in the value of the Iraqi dinar encourage some countries want to handle it

DinarThug

Yes the but security measures are still a problem - I can see selling them to dopes in the bazaar, but millions of counterfeit dinar destabilizing the economy on a grand scale? These things have watermarks, ultraviolet markings, metal tape -- come on...

I think their stories are BS to mask their true intentions - mere excuses

Good to see.

Your point?

The dinar being counterfeited is not the ones with the watermarks and such, it is the dilapidated ones.

Good to see.

Your point?

Just a reminder of neighboring currencies with similar geopolitical challenges.  This may not be a popular view but, I believe the trend in the ME is leaning toward stability not Armageddon.  I spent 2 1/2 years in the region as a contractor.  Yes, Iraq is a dangerous place but it is becoming less dangerous by the day.  Sure, small groups of insurgents killing Iraqi Police and civilians with car bombs make for BIG headlines while the advances of the infrastructure do not, however, insurgents are running out of ammo as the IQG brings in more investors by the day. 

As LGD says: SOON!

• Upvote 2

Yes the but security measures are still a problem - I can see selling them to dopes in the bazaar, but millions of counterfeit dinar destabilizing the economy on a grand scale? These things have watermarks, ultraviolet markings, metal tape -- come on...

I think their stories are BS to mask their true intentions - mere excuses

Good to see.

Your point?

I could be wrong, but I believed his point was to share information.

• Upvote 1

I think the more research I do on the deleted zeros the more confused I get. If I sound like a repeated record, please forgive me. By my understanding, They are or will begin printing new Iraq note bills dropping the zeros.

-What's going to happen to the current IQD notes that a lot of us has invested in?

-Will it be useless as paper or do we have the 30 or 90 days to cash in on the IQD to USD?

-The current $25,000 IQD I currently own, will it be reduced to $25 IQD when it is time to cash in?

Please forgive me for my ignorance in this matter & thank you for your time & patient in answering my questions.

I think the more research I do on the deleted zeros the more confused I get. If I sound like a repeated record, please forgive me. By my understanding, They are or will begin printing new Iraq note bills dropping the zeros.

-What's going to happen to the current IQD notes that a lot of us has invested in?

-Will it be useless as paper or do we have the 30 or 90 days to cash in on the IQD to USD?

-The current $25,000 IQD I currently own, will it be reduced to $25 IQD when it is time to cash in?

Please forgive me for my ignorance in this matter & thank you for your time & patient in answering my questions.

There are two different point of views on the deletion of zero's; 1) deletion of zero's means an RD or redenomination, what we don't want.  2) deletion of zero's means the CBI is pulling the dinar off the streets of Iraq, thereby reducing the dinar in circulation.

(what we all would hope for).

No it will not be useless piece of paper if indeed it is an RD, but definitely not what we would hope for.  Probably the rate we hold now would be 1000 to 1.  We would be lucky to come out even.  Yes, our 25,000 dinar would be worth $25.00.  ugh.

It seems to me you have a pretty good take if Iraq decides to RD.

• Upvote 1