Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's Economy Wakes Up!

Barbann

The most encouraging thing about Iraq is that outside investors press on. Schlumberger, the oil services company, is quickly moving $100 million into Iraq, in part to build a base camp that will employ 300 workers. Iraq Oil Minister Hussein al-Shahristani, who negotiated with the oil majors last year, thinks the oil fields will eventually generate 100,000 Iraqi jobs. Schlumberger's top brass are primed to hire: They figure the country is a Saudi-size opportunity and that up to 100 drilling rigs will be needed for what could be the biggest oil boom of all. The Iraqi people are ready.

The bottom line: Foreign direct investment is key to Iraq's revival, but the IMF figures less than $1 billion came in last year. That number could multiply fast.

Sounds very positive! :D

All great news, but why do these news reports never mention a dinar RV/RI and how that could really boost there economy. I believe it would also quell the violence and boost the security situation as well. ~~~~Bluto
Probably because the speculators would buy up every last Dinar trying to make a buck.

Thank you so much for this post. I am just feeling frustarted knowing that the IMF payment is coming due on the 24th and we are not hearing any hard RV news. But I appreciate this positve message nontheless. Would just LOVE to get this done.

Thankyou Thankyou Thank you!!!!!!!

Alice

Thanks for the post, Barbann. The good thing about Iraq's pathetic economy in the recent past is that the only way to go is <<>>

The speed of their reconstruction is really amazing. Their economic infrastructure is growing exponentially. It's like a financial fission bomb. Really impressive.

SO, EVERYBODY, chill. Sit back and pop open a cold one, and what the freakin' fur fly. Good phun.

cheers,

Maynard

Thank you so much for this post. I am just feeling frustarted knowing that the IMF payment is coming due on the 24th and we are not hearing any hard RV news. But I appreciate this positve message nontheless. Would just LOVE to get this done.

Thankyou Thankyou Thank you!!!!!!!

Alice

It is my pleasure to bring it here and I am glad it cheered you up!